• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More Telltales games are coming to Switch

Weren't Batman & Guardians both leaked a few days ago via online store listings?

A handful of retailers leaked both from around March (and been taking pre-orders since then, too). Some sites only picked that up about a week or so ago, but places like Base and 356games have been pretty loud and proud about them for months - they've even been in the contextual ads I get for Neogaf.

I even got in touch with one back in April to try and get a release date, but they've been using placeholders from the start, with just "2017" as much as they're willing to give.

Port Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People to Switch you fuckers.

I'm okay with Minecraft Story Mode. I had some fun with it. But Strong Bad is still probably my favourite Telltale game for nostalgia reasons. So port it to Switch, i'll play it again.

... what's the opposite of port begging?

Lol

Seriously tho, on the one hand I've enjoyed some of the TT games...and the choose-your-own adventure nature seems an ideal fit for a portable. But...their titles are so ubiquitous and cheap on every platform known to man that it feels a bit..."meh"...like the more appropriate way to do this would be a couple big ass discounted digital bundles...3-5 titles for cheap might make more people who already own most/all TT games double or triple dip just for the portable novelty. But...otherwise...don't think I'd bother. I mean...how many potential buyers out there haven't already played these on some other platform?

Bendo

Cool. Playing handheld is probably the only way I'll be willing to get back into Telltale games at this point. I tried playing Game of Thrones on my tablet, and it literally crashed three times halfway through the intro sequence before I gave up and uninstalled. Hopefully it's less of a trash fire on the Switch.

Telltale are big fans of every platform.
article_post_width_Wii_U_rain_window.jpg

Rellik

Cool. Playing handheld is probably the only way I'll be willing to get back into Telltale games at this point. I tried playing Game of Thrones on my tablet, and it literally crashed three times halfway through the intro sequence before I gave up and uninstalled. Hopefully it's less of a trash fire on the Switch.

The problem is these may be the iOS/Android ports.

Haunted

I'm sure they'll make sure they're not the buggy pieces of shit they are on every other platform.

I'm sure.

To hell with all of those games, give Switch the REAL good stuff...

Wallace & Gromit, the complete series, at retail.

Unfortunately that would mean Telltale talking to Aardman to get the license once more. Can't imagine they'd bother.

I'd be down for a Sam and Max complete set though, while we're talking Telltale classics.

Ash735

Now Switch users can enjoy bad framerate, mediocre graphics, losing their progress, and game breaking bugs that all come with the Telltale Engine.

Penguin

I'll pick up Batman (assume the new one and not last year's)

Unless decisions from first carry over since did that on Xbox

How well do the iOS versions of their games run? That might be a decent barometer for how well they'll perform on Switch hardware.

Either way, sorta interested in Batman. Porting the Walking Dead seasons around Halloween might be a pretty good idea too.

Top Bottom