• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 - Name of the Tsar releases September 5th. HDR10 support added

Theorry

On September 5, Battlefield 1 Premium Pass owners can start their two-week early access of Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar. On September 19, the most extensive Battlefield expansion yet – and winner of the “Best Add-On/DLC” Gamescom Award – will be available for purchase for all players.

With 6 new maps (including the newly released Lupkow Pass), new weapons, new vehicles, the new Supply Drop mode, the Hussars, and the Russian Army joining the fight, Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar is packed with fresh content. To learn more about the expansion, head to the Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar page.

With the Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar update comes a new addition granting even higher fidelity and immersion to Battlefield 1: HDR10 support.

HDR (High Dynamic Range) makes the visuals of Battlefield 1 even more stunning for owners of the required tech (a screen with HDR support together with a console/PC with HDR capabilities.)
With an expanded contrast ratio and color palette, more realistic, immersive, and natural visuals will be possible. As you charge through the snowy Lupkow Pass or scout the dark alleys of Tsaritsyn, the light and dark areas will be more detailed, and look more similar to what the human eye would register.

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...&utm_medium=social&cid=35409&ts=1504174076257

I am looking forward to it. But a day before Destiny 2 release is a horrible time for me.
The break between the first and second dlc has been way to long. Even if the second one is a big update with 6 new maps and alot of new weapons.

I always find myself hopping back to this game every so often. I tend to not play as many competitive multiplayer games much anymore, but I feel this is enjoyable to just pop acouple of hours onto every so often.

At least this new map pack will give me some downtime until Guild Wars POF and Destiny 2 come out.

Also still waiting for all those manufacturers to start releasing their 21:9 HDR monitors.

6 Maps?

I know that they had messed up the DLC release schedule, but this is an insane value. The main game launched with 9 maps (+ 1 free DLC later). The season pass is on track to more than triple a number of maps.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm sure it has been said before but considering the other game that comes out at the same time, that is a very unfortunate release date. It will likely get completely overshadowed, which is a shame. I'm not sure why they thought that going up against Knack 2 would be a good idea at all.

Newlove

This is cool, I'm looking for more weapons and content. I'm currently rank 79 or something and things to unlock has shrunk down as you can imagine. I would say this DLC seems to have taken a while to come out. Also the more maps, you are again splitting the community up. Battlefield is one of those games that would benefit from cross online play if that ever became a reality.

KageMaru

Do non-premium pass players also get the HDR update on the 5th or do we have to wait until the map pack is available for everyone?

Also do they still not allow maps from different map packs to be combined in the same map rotation like in BF4? I very much prefer how they handled DLC maps in BF3.

Theorry

Do non-premium pass players also get the HDR update on the 5th or do we have to wait until the map pack is available for everyone?

Also do they still not allow maps from different map packs to be combined in the same map rotation like in BF4? I very much prefer how they handled DLC maps in BF3.

Everyone downloads the update on the 5th.

Foxxsoxx

6 Maps?

I know that they had messed up the DLC release schedule, but this is an insane value. The main game launched with 9 maps (+ 1 free DLC later). The season pass is on track to more than triple a number of maps.

Each expansion adds 6 maps so far. It's because the season pass for BF4 had 5 expansions with 4 maps while BF1 has only 4 expansions.

Also holy crap finally HDR added!

6 Maps?

Of which you can reliably play the first 9 online. At least the maps will be populated for the first two weeks.

HDR !!!

giphy.gif

I wanted this to have HDR the most and it's finally happening! Now Watch_Dogs 2 needs it and I will be happy :p

bosseye

Jolly good. I got the premium pass last month when it was half price, been loving it. I really enjoy Battlefield 1, particularly the Operations so hopefully there is a good one coming with this drop.

I need to get myself to stray outside of Assault class though, may as well try and unlock more guns 'n stuff.

Arttemis

How much is the Revolution expansion pack? I can only find the Revolution bundle with the Base game plus the expansion, but I already own the game and just want the add-ons.

KageMaru

There are two queues: Base and DLC.

So all the DLC maps are at least in a single playlist? My concern is being stuck playing the same handful of maps in the rotation but if all the DLC can be played together, that could alleviate that issue. Sorry I'm not trying to be obtuse, I just don't want to buy the season pass and regret it like I did with BF4.

Sanke__

Seriously......
The day before Destiny.......

Waiting this long for DLC and they manage to launch it 1 entire day before destiny

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
BF1 is pretty much a miserable experience for me lately. Playing with a 130+ ping every game and i swear things have gotten much worse lately where half of my shots just disappear. there is an issue with shotguns at the moment but i wouldnt be surprised if other guns are having the same issue with disappearing bullets just with a lower frequency.

HDR is great on the CTE. nothing too mind blowing but it makes the colors pop a bit more than usual. similar to Uncharted Lost legacy.

But releasing this a day before Destiny is a big mistake.

Was planning to pick up their GOTY version or whatever it's called (revolution?) and HDR is nice, but based on every PC HDR experience I've had thus far, I won't hold my breath for it to actually work

void666

Banned
I wanted to play this DLC. But on the 5th i'll be in overhype trance waiting for D2 and i won't let go for a few weeks.
And when i return everyone will be back to base game servers.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have the vanilla game, revolution costs only 10 bucks more than the season pass, season pass is super expensive IMO

Trade in the game at bestbuy. you should get around $20. Use GCU to get revolution for $48.

$28 for premium isnt expensive.

Keasar

Hopefully they will at some point drop the whole DLC/Season Pass/Premium exclusivity, what I'm afraid of is that these maps will be playable for about 3-4 weeks and then almost gone completely, especially as a Operations.

pitchfork

Was HDR ever confirmed for the CTE on XB 1? There were a couple of posts on reddit at the time but nothing more

I had planned on trying the CTE myself but never bothered once I realised it was an entire separate game download

Hopefully they will at some point drop the whole DLC/Season Pass/Premium exclusivity, what I'm afraid of is that these maps will be playable for about 3-4 weeks and then almost gone completely, especially as a Operations.
Yep and I have the pass

Theorry

Was HDR ever confirmed for the CTE on XB 1? There were a couple of posts on reddit at the time but nothing more

I had planned on trying the CTE myself but never bothered once I realised it was an entire separate game download

Yeah and PS4 has it also in CTE. :)

I sold Battlefield 1 for a couple reasons, map packs being a big reason.

I sort of want to buy the Revolution version, because they seem to do a phenomenal job with these map packs, despite the model being outdated and hurtful to the consumer.

It's crazy how tough the marketspace is when games like Siege are competing with a huge free update at the same time.

bubumiao

When you guys keep saying "maps" that only applies to multiplayer, right?

So there's no additional single player content that's been released?

What's the price for these maps and is anything free?

Also, how long is the single player campaign?

VariantX

When you guys keep saying "maps" that only applies to multiplayer, right?

So there's no additional single player content that's been released?

What's the price for these maps and is anything free?

Also, how long is the single player campaign?

Yes. DLC is MP only. The core and meat of the BF franchise is MP.

Top Bottom