• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New TALES OF on Wii + DS...?! (Um...Tales of Fandom 2 PS2 Confirmed, at least)

Dascu

O_O

Tales of Phantasia 2 DS?
Tales of the Abyss Remake and Sequel Wii?

I guess the Wii will not face the RPG drought like the GCN.
Thanks Namco.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
...and Tales of the Harmony on Wii, one following Tales of the Abyss, the history begins 10 minutes after the end of the first episode.
Huh...I have 10 minutes and 43...No...44 seconds.

wow, the history begins ten minutes after the first episode? Whats to bet those ten minutes will be absolutely central to the games plot!

Don't put that ****ing thread title if its a rumor ><

Phantasia 2 in 2D in DS....extremely unlikely imo
Abyss Wii....very likely imo
Abyss-sequel Harmonia Wii....not going to happen imo

I already said many times, Harmonia was another codename for Abyss. They register many at a time and they use ONE because the rest were also for the same project. Its not going to happen.

Prax

Noway....

I have to re-buy Abyss? X|

And a sequel?? I guess that might explain a few funny things that seemed to be left out.

Like what the heck happened to all the replicas they promised they would give housing for.. or where the heck Mieu went during most of the game's ending..

Hopefully true and will support up to 4 players.

Jcgamer60

Reports of ass loading times, on tales of for ps2 is what held me back. If this is true, then this is really good news. :)

Manaka

Freaking awesome if true!
I mean, it wouldn't be Namco if they wouldn't announce several Tales-titles at once :lol
Now, Konami, confirm Suikoden VI for Wii and I won't have to purchase a ps3 for a bit longer!

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I already said many times, Harmonia was another codename for Abyss. They register many at a time and they use ONE because the rest were also for the same project. Its not going to happen.

animeationmovie4bfc2.jpg

"Stooooooop!!!"

Dascu

BTW, there was a rumor up a some time ago of Tales of the Abyss port for the GCN.
It could be that it was scratched in favor of a Wii remake.

Ichirou

Banned
This is incredibly sweet. I'm playing through Tales of the Abyss on PS2 and Tales of Phantasia GBA (err, on my Game Boy Player for GCN) right now!

Namco, US versions, promptly please. :D

Oh wait, Tales of the Harmony, now thats totally bogus since they don't have registered that trademark.

Something else, if it was going to be unveiled this monday, it would mean it would be covered in Weekly Jump. And that would mean we would already know...

This should have been posted in the other thread...

Judging from the responses here, its going to take a good squadron to stop fanboy back-slash if this isn't announced and something else is.

Ichirou

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh wait, Tales of the Harmony, now thats totally bogus since they don't have registered that trademark.

Something else, if it was going to be unveiled this monday, it would mean it would be covered in Weekly Jump. And that would mean we would already know...

Maybe they got the name wrong, dude...it might be Tales of Harmonia, just like Abyss was supposed to be called. TEN FE.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
This should have been posted in the other thread...

Judging from the responses here, its going to take a good squadron to stop fanboy back-slash if this isn't announced and something else is.

Shhhhh, that's why we DON'T post this on the other thread. Once this goes to hell, the original thread will be where the real news is! :lol

I'd buy Tales of the Abyss on Wii, I haven't played the PS2 version but I intended to after Symphonia.

That reminds me, I haven't continued Symphonia for like 2 years. I stopped playing because
I couldn't decide whether I wanted Zelos or Kratos.
Maybe i'll just branch off from here and beat it twice with both.

Hero

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Don't put that ****ing thread title if its a rumor ><

Phantasia 2 in 2D in DS....extremely unlikely imo
Abyss Wii....very likely imo
Abyss-sequel Harmonia Wii....not going to happen imo

As much as I liked Tales of Symphonia, I would like to see these rumors come true. Not so much that I want to play more Tales games, but mostly because I want to see you eat crow on this since you just sound like a rabid fanboy. Why does Phantasia 2 on DS sound unlikely? Why would you believe that a port of Abyss is likely but not the sequel? Do you have any substantial evidence or information from a credible source yourself? I doubt it.

mutsu

I will definitely buy Tales of the Abyss on the Wii. It's one of those acclaimed Tales game that I really missed on the PS2 due to lack of time (and the fact that it is fairly expensive/never dropped price).

Really look forward to this, if true. Can't wait!

Hero said:
As much as I liked Tales of Symphonia, I would like to see these rumors come true. Not so much that I want to play more Tales games, but mostly because I want to see you eat crow on this since you just sound like a rabid fanboy. Why does Phantasia 2 on DS sound unlikely? Why would you believe that a port of Abyss is likely but not the sequel? Do you have any substantial evidence or information from a credible source yourself? I doubt it.
:lol

You should try to read the entire post before letting everyone know you don't.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Then you should also read the post, but carefully this time so you don't get mix what I said.

I read all your post over and over, trying to understand what codenames and trademarks have to do with unannounced games going to Nintendo** systems

**(a company who loves secrets and loves to keep even 3rd parties quiet)

Why can't the rumor be true?

Even if Harmonia was another codename for Abyss. I can see why they would use it for a story that takes place 10 freaken minutes after Abyss.

Smiles and Cries said:
I read all your post over and over, trying to understand what codenames and trademarks have to do with unannounced games going to Nintendo** systems

**(a company who loves secrets and loves to keep even 3rd parties quiet)

Why can't the rumor be true?

Even if Harmonia was another codename for Abyss. I can see why they would use it for a story that takes place 10 freaken minutes after Abyss.
Well, you at least took the time to read it, and ask politely so I'll answer you.

First, its my opinion as I stated, I think many people are stupid enough to call someone a fanboy when he thinks something won't happen and they want it to happen.

Then, its because what has happened in the past. Namco registered Tales of Justice, Tales of Honesty and Tales of the Rebirth at the same time. But they only used Rebirth. If someone posts a rumor saying Namco is going to announce Tales of Justice for PS2 I will say the same, because thats not what they have being doing all this time.

Namco also registered Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Doom Sign, Tales of the Two Faiths and 1 o 2 more prior to announcing its DS game. It turned out to be The Tempest the real one. If someone posts a rumor saying Namco is going to announce Tales of Doom Sign for DS I will say the same, because, and this is my opinion, they won't do it since it isn't what they usually do.

Again, this is my opinion on their usual doings what makes me THINK that Harmonia won't be announced. Because it was registered with Abyss and Mirage iirc. If you tell me Tales of Mirage is going to be announced for PS3, I will say the same.

john tv

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Well, you at least took the time to read it, and ask politely so I'll answer you.

First, its my opinion as I stated, I think many people are stupid enough to call someone a fanboy when he thinks something won't happen and they want it to happen.

Then, its because what has happened in the past. Namco registered Tales of Justice, Tales of Honesty and Tales of the Rebirth at the same time. But they only used Rebirth. If someone posts a rumor saying Namco is going to announce Tales of Justice for PS2 I will say the same, because thats not what they have being doing all this time.

Namco also registered Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Doom Sign, Tales of the Two Faiths and 1 o 2 more prior to announcing its DS game. It turned out to be The Tempest the real one. If someone posts a rumor saying Namco is going to announce Tales of Doom Sign for DS I will say the same, because, and this is my opinion, they won't do it since it isn't what they usually do.

Again, this is my opinion on their usual doings what makes me THINK that Harmonia won't be announced. Because it was registered with Abyss and Mirage iirc. If you tell me Tales of Mirage is going to be announced for PS3, I will say the same.

I understand your logic but I don't think it really holds any weight. Any name they've registered in the past is just as likely to be used as something totally brand new, IMO. Doesn't really matter if it was a candidate before or not.

I normally don't even consider rumors like this, but Jeux France seems like they've been pretty good w/rumors lately, and the stuff they're saying isn't unreasonable at all, especially considering Abyss very likely started life as a GameCube game. (I realize you pinned that one as likely, but I don't see why it's any more likely than either of the other two rumored titles. Phantasia 2 DS makes total sense to me, as does a Wii Tales from Team Symphonia.)

That said, I won't be surprised at all if it turns out to be BS. :)

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

---snip---

Well now I understand a little more, but do you believe they registered these multiple names and only end up using like you said 1 out of the 3, so this makes the other 2 names somewhat invalid to use later?

they paid for this registered trademark right? are they expired? why can't they use them?

just want to be clear because I do not really know how this works

edit beaten by JTV :)

u_neek

I kinda hope this isn't real (though it probably is) and they announce a next-gen Tales of... instead.

u_neek said:
I kinda hope this isn't real (though it probably is) and they announce a next-gen Tales of... instead.

Wii is Next Gen, uh even better its New Gen :)

I want this to be true, why can't Namco share the love?

john tv said:
I understand your logic but I don't think it really holds any weight. Any name they've registered in the past is just as likely to be used as something totally brand new, IMO. Doesn't really matter if it was a candidate before or not.

I normally don't even consider rumors like this, but Jeux France seems like they've been pretty good w/rumors lately, and the stuff they're saying isn't unreasonable at all, especially considering Abyss very likely started life as a GameCube game. (I realize you pinned that one as likely, but I don't see why it's any more likely than either of the other two rumored titles. Phantasia 2 DS makes total sense to me, as does a Wii Tales from Team Symphonia.)

That said, I won't be surprised at all if it turns out to be BS. :)
I'm ready to eat some tasty crow :D

Btw, I didn't say a Wii Tales from Team Symphonia is not going to happen. I said that Tales of Harmonia is not going to happen, in my honest opinion.

Smiles and Cries said:
Well now I understand a little more, but do you believe they registered these multiple names and only end up using like you said 1 out of the 3, so this makes the other 2 names somewhat invalid to use later?

they paid for this registered trademark right? are they expired? why can't they use them?

just want to be clear because I do not really know how this works
I don't think they have expired, and yes they can easily use them. Its like a pattern they use.

Before announcing Tales DS, they registered Tales of the Tempest, Tales of Doom Sign, Tales of Two Faiths and Tales of Howling. The project ended up being called Tales of the Tempest and the other 3 are totally un-used at this time.

I think a Tales with another name (for example, as I mentioned in the other thread, Namco has registered Tales of Innocence, Tales of the Innocent and Tales of the Manes at the same time in November last year) is far more likely than a Tales with one of those names.

Why don't they just buy out Tales of "Everything" and be done with it?

It seems to me each time they have a Tales project they like to put a few names into the collection, just in case...

How deep are Tales compared say to Final Fantasy games?

The reason I want a Wii version is because I have not had a chance to support this series I love the way it looked for vids

Top Bottom