• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Coming to Xbox Game Pass in February: Bluey: The Videogame, Tales of Arise, Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun, and More

Draugoth

Gold Member
TW_Coming-Soon_02.20.2024-2-1eaf0d360adca39509fb-1536x864.png

For the second half of February, we have some surprise games, some not-so-surprise games, Perks, and a DLC – plenty to get you gaming now and to prime your pre-install buttons! Whether you boot up Bluey: The Videogame to play with the family, jump into Madden NFL 24 to try and recreate the big game how you would have played it, or just want to play Maneater to see what it’d be like to be an absolute menace as a shark, we have you covered. Let’s get to the games!

Available Today

Return to Grace (Cloud, Console, and PC)
A daring space archaeologist has just unearthed the ancient resting place of a long lost A.I. god known as Grace. Adventure with various fractured A.I. personalities as you uncover the great mystery of why she was shut down all those years ago in this first-person narrative adventure set in a visually stunning ‘60s retro sci-fi world.
Tales of Arise (Cloud, Console, and PC)
As two worlds of conflict converge in Tales of Arise, two people from opposite walks of life join forces to challenge their fates and create a new future. Along the way, meet up with a unique cast of allies, all with their own reasons to fight. Featuring a real-time combat system, battles are energetic and enthralling with countless combinations of skills and abilities.

TOA_KeyArt_1920x1080-6405c6a308733e6b804c.jpg

Coming Soon

Bluey: The Videogame (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 22
Join the fun with Bluey and her family in Bluey: The Videogame! Play a brand-new story set across 4 interactive adventures. For the first time ever, explore iconic locations such as the Heeler House, Playgrounds, Creek and a bonus beach location. Play your favorite games from the TV show, including Keepy Uppy, Chattermax Chase, and more!

Bluey_Horizontal_KeyArt-4484927c0cf866110db3.jpg

Maneater (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 27
Returning to the Game Pass library, Maneater is a single-player action-RPG, set in the Gulf Coast’s unforgiving waters. Fight to survive in the open ocean, swamps, and rivers with danger lurking at every depth. Your only tools are your wits, your jaws, and an uncanny ability to evolve as you feed.
Madden NFL 24 (Cloud) EA Play – February 27
Ultimate members can start their season with Xbox Cloud Gaming on February 27, 2024, courtesy of EA Play. Don’t forget that until March 8, you’ll also score an Ultimate Team Supercharge Pack with your membership.
Indivisible (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 28
Making a return to the Game Pass library, immerse yourself in a fantastical world with dozens of playable characters, a rich storytelling experience, and gameplay that’s easy to learn but difficult to master. With a huge fantasy world to explore and a variety of characters to meet and fight alongside, help Ajna learn about herself and how to save her world.
Space Engineers (Cloud, Console, and PC) – February 29
A sandbox game about engineering, construction, exploration, and survival in space and on planets. Players build spaceships, wheeled vehicles, space stations, planetary outposts of various sizes and uses (civil and military), pilot ships, and travel through space to explore planets and gather resources to survive. Featuring both creative and survival modes, there is no limit to what can be built, utilized, and explored.
Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun (Cloud, Console, and PC) – March 5
Load up your Boltgun and unleash the awesome Space Marine arsenal to blast your way through an explosion of sprites, pixels and blood in a perfect blend of Warhammer 40,000, frenetic gameplay and the stylish visuals of ’90s retro shooters.

In Case You Missed It

Diablo IV is Coming to Game Pass on March 28
The next-gen action RPG experience is coming to Game Pass with endless evil to slaughter, countless abilities to master, nightmarish dungeons, and legendary loot. Experience a gripping story or jump straight into Season of the Construct to unearth a new threat looming deep beneath the sands of Kehjistan.

DiabloIV_KeyArt_1920x1080-abc67ab80ab59f77517c.jpg

DLC / Updates

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Dune Expansion – Available now
In collaboration with Legendary Pictures and Warner Bros. Entertainment, Xbox and Microsoft Flight Simulator are taking you beyond Planet Earth into the harsh deserts of the world of “Dune” and the planet Arrakis. Aviators can put their courage and skills to the test in the cockpit of the Royal Atreides Ornithopter, mastering tutorials, time trials, and a daring rescue mission. See “Dune: Part Two”, only in theaters on March 1 and play the “Dune” Expansion free with Game Pass today.

MSFS-Dune-Launch-Trailer_Thumbnail-7955ef4045671eb5ae83.jpg

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Calm Premium – 3-month trial offer – Available now
Get 3 free months of Calm, the #1 app for sleep, meditation, and relaxation, now featuring two exclusive Xbox-themed Soundscapes from Halo and Sea of Thieves. Terms and conditions apply.
Apex Legends: Breakout Supercharge Pack – Available now
Trick out specific weapons and Legends in special gear with the Apex Legends Breakout Supercharge Pack, available with EA Play!
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: Drakkar Edition Pack – Available now
Live your own Viking saga with the Drakkar Content Pack.
Puzzle Quest 3: Green Knight’s Gear Bundle – Available now
Acquire a full set of exclusive green skins for the original five heroes, along with a piece of gear and additional resources to help you on your quest!
PUBG: Battlegrounds – Exclusive Survivor Pack – Available now
Expand your item collection with the Hunter’s Chests, Keys, and Contraband Coupons.

Leaving February 29

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, which means it’s a perfect time to plan out your achievement grind with these at the top of your list before they go!
  • Madden NFL 22 (Console and PC) EA Play
  • Soul Hackers 2 (Cloud, Console, and PC)

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Warning go all parents considering Bluey Game: it’s barely a game.

I played this with my son and it’s basically like watching an episode of the show, and next to no gameplay whatsoever.

At one point I put the controller down, and after a 5 minute long cut scene, we can move again. Except, before I could pick up to move my character my son had moved to where it wanted us to go and it teleported me to him to play another 5 minute cut scene.

Fuck that.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member

I played this with my son and it’s basically like watching an episode of the show, and next to no gameplay whatsoever.

At one point I put the controller down, and after a 5 minute long cut scene, we can move again. Except, before I could pick up to move my character my son had moved to where it wanted us to go and it teleported me to him to play another 5 minute cut scene.

Fuck that.
So it’s like Death Stranding? Lol

DaGwaphics

I still haven't been able to get Madden 24 to install on my XSX. It keeps counting down the time from the EA trial, but other EA play games and GP games work just fine. Tried it on PC but my i7 6700 keeps getting CPU bound and that makes it a very choppy experience even on medium.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

:messenger_beaming: First world problems.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future

Fuck that.
That honestly sounds like half the games made nowadays.

somesang

Bluey had a lot of potential but it was marred by clunky controls - which is weird for a kids game. The "episodes" are pretty great if you're a fan of the show though.

tmlDan

I think its time for me to cancel gamepass, done with palworld and don't have time for any more games that are lower on the backlog, nothing jumps out to me on this list

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Does that give you better quality than just running native 4k?

It does. It's essentially super sampling anti-aliasing so there's no pixel crawl/jagged edges to be seen, but without the drawbacks of standard AA solutions like TAA (softer picture, ghosting, etc..).

It's not an efficient AA method, but it's the most effective if you've got the performance to spare.

You end up with an extremely crisp, clear, aliasing-free image:

53541176676_e70e4f8de1_o.png

53541176701_4afbf390e1_o.png

Now I just have to figure out how to disable the chromatic aberration in this title as it's pretty obnoxious at times.

Last edited:

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Death Stranding is nothing like that, what are you smoking.
I beat the game and quite clearly remember hours-long stretches of gameplay and micro-managing.
That sounds more like The Last of Us Part 2
I guess I should have added the sarcasm part, I thought the “lol” might do it

dem

My youngest is going to be pumped about Bluey..

I feel like Maneater has been on already for a long time. It was only off for a few months.

Last edited:

Denton

Is Arise worth playing if I am not huge into JRPGs? Only one I ever played and finished was FF15, which was pretty good but I fucking loathed its sidequest design (I struggle to call it design).

Pimpollo818

How does Tales of Arise compare to DQ11, Persona (the only JPRG franchises I've played)? The artstyle is an immediate turnoff for me.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
How does Tales of Arise compare to DQ11, Persona (the only JPRG franchises I've played)? The artstyle is an immediate turnoff for me.

Compared to DQ11, it's much less "cozy, classic, fairytale esque" JRPG and more "edgy, play-a-cheesy,-clearly-japanese-rock-song-thats-trying-to-sound-like-a-western-rock-hit in the intro of the game" JRPG.

It's a good game but not for everyone.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Not really my cup of tea. I tried to get into Tales and I just...couldn't. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Not really sure about the other games.

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

How is the DLC for Arise? Worth it?

Does it integrate into the main game or is it something "extra"?

Last edited:

Vlodril

Is Arise worth playing if I am not huge into JRPGs? Only one I ever played and finished was FF15, which was pretty good but I fucking loathed its sidequest design (I struggle to call it design).

Not really. Depends on your taste of course but it doesn't sound like it's for you.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Weak month for sure. I'll play Arise and Boltgun but these are old games that have been out for a while. Not what I expect from the service.

Fuck that.

Bluey: A Hideo Kojima Game

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
• Today | Return to Grace
• Today | Tales of Arise
• February 22 | Bluey: The Videogame
• February 27 | Maneater
• February 28 | Indivisible
• February 29 | Space Engineers
• March 5| Warhammer 40,000: Boltgun
• March 28 | Diablo IV

Haven't played Diablo 4 since it launched last year, eager to see all the changes they've been making over the year with the seasons.

Hoping the Tales of Arise DLC also goes on sale, $29.99 is too high for just DLC (IMO).

Roberts

Bluey has more gameplay than Peppa games. If you have a small kid who loves Bluey, this will make them happy.

I'm curious about Return to Grace. As I said before, I enjoyed Invincible and it reminds me of that, just in a different setting.

I've got a few of these already: I liked Diablo 4 more than 3, Tales of Arise I didn't enjoy much, but Boltgun is a pretty damn cool retro shooter. Indivisible is an entertaining action platformer/jrpg imitation.

Wasn't Maneater on GP before? I have played it but didn't find it all that great.

So all in all, a crappy month for me, but it is ok.

Last edited:
Top Bottom