• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mission Impossible: Convincing wife to allow a 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newzboyz99

Losers! My wife has me on lock!
My mission: to convince my wife to allow me to have a 360.

So, I need to know of GOOD games that the wife and I can play together to help convice her to allow me to buy the thing. :D

I know most of you guys live in your parents basements, so for you guys just think of games that your imaginary girlfriends would enjoy.

MrDaravon

Does she normally play games? Is there any particular reason that she won't allow you to buy one just for yourself?

whip.jpg

also
Pussy%20Whipped.jpg

JdFoX187

Banned
Just introduce her to the Xbox LIVE Arcade. There are a lot of great games there, including some with co-op, that I'm sure she could enjoy.

And I agree exactly with what Krypt0nian said.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The hell? You ask us for advice and then diss us before we can even offer it? Hate to burst your ego but:

1) Most of us do indeed have girlfriends.
2) Most of us actually don't live with our parents.
3) Most of us who have girlfriends don't let them keep our dicks in their purse, and let us breathe every now and then. You want an X360? Go ****ing buy one.

joaomgcd

Viva Piñata is sure to be a hit with any wife. :D My girlfriend started playing, and now she won't let me get my hands on the 360. And I can't even play Piñata around her, so I don't spoil the more advanced Piñatas for her.

Mar

Newzboyz99 said:
I know most of you guys live in your parents basements, so for you guys just think of games that your imaginary girlfriends would enjoy.

You're insulting people for not having girlfriends. And then saying you can't make a purchase by yourself without your wifes permission?

Jeez dude. I buy consoles and games, my wife buys clothes and shoes. No arguments. Easy.

f@luS

More than a member.
Ultra said:
buy 2 more things in addition to Xbox 360..

1. HD-DVD Add-On
2. Phantom of the Opera on HD-DVD

FOr that price he could get a ps3 !

/troll.

my fiance enjoy uno

clashfan

Newzboyz99 said:

That doesn't sound condescending at all...

brigadeer

The original posters thread is a perfect illustration of the wussification of men in America. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen or anything, but this is just ridiculous.

I am 31 years old, and it horrifies me that a MAJORITY of my college buddies are in relationships similar to the original posters. You posted here asking for advice on how to get your wife to agree to "LET YOU" purchase an Xbox 360.

My first advice would be for you to re-read your post to see how ridiculous it is. Second, you are asking the wrong questions in the wrong forum dude. The wrong question to ask is what games she might like where she would feel compelled to let you purchase an Xbox 360. The right question to ask is, why does your wife have that much control over you in your relationship, and how can you change it? This is the wrong forum to be asking and receiving any advice on the right questions you should be asking.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
You're going about this the wrong way. You need to divert her attention to something else, then go and get yourself a 360. My friend got (unexpectedly) a kitten a few months ago. His wife was so taken with the cat that he had no trouble getting himelf a 360 and a brand new monitor to play it on with no argument from her.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
brigadeer said:
The original posters thread is a perfect illustration of the wussification of men in America. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that women should be barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen or anything, but this is just ridiculous.

I am 31 years old, and it horrifies me that a MAJORITY of my college buddies are in relationships similar to the original posters. You posted here asking for advice on how to get your wife to agree to "LET YOU" purchase an Xbox 360.

My first advice would be for you to re-read your post to see how ridiculous it is. Second, you are asking the wrong questions in the wrong forum dude. The wrong question to ask is what games she might like where she would feel compelled to let you purchase an Xbox 360. The right question to ask is, why does your wife have that much control over you in your relationship, and how can you change it? This is the wrong forum to be asking and receiving any advice on the right questions you should be asking.

I wish you luck in the pursuit of re-gaining your manhood.

....Take of yourselves, and each other.

I'm sorry, I had to.

While my wife was in hospital after having our third child I bought a 360.

1 Have three kids
2 Buy 360 while she recovers
3 ......
4 Profit

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Tell her you'll ask for a dissolution of marriage if she doesn't.

It's a win/win strategy.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
How about you stop being such a pussy and buy one with your own money like any other normal person would?

Let you purchases one? Just go out there and buy one if you want one. If you are paying for it yourself, I don't see why it would be a problem is.

AlphaSnake said:
The hell? You ask us for advice and then diss us before we can even offer it? Hate to burst your ego but:

1) Most of us do indeed have girlfriends.
2) Most of us actually don't live with our parents.
3) Most of us who have girlfriends don't let them keep our dicks in their purse, and let us breathe every now and then. You want an X360? Go ****ing buy one.

QFT

Bearillusion said:
It's not 'his' money it's 'their' money. That's part of his point I believe.

Then why does she have the control to "let" him? If they can afford it, he should be able to buy what he likes responsibly.

Correction, he is able to buy what he likes responsibly. He just forgot.

Z3F

Banned
Tell her you wanted to get a PS3 but then decided to be a good husband and save $200 for the family.

HomShaBom said:

:lol pretty much then tell her to shut the **** up its my money i spend it how i want oh want she got the balls haha just make up some pr bullshiz like computer games make you smart and how we are living in the stoneage if we dont have one.

LJ11

For **** sakes, it's $400 bucks. A nice dinner will run you around $100 bucks. Take her out to 4 nice dinners and call it even. **** her really good too, that should go a long way.

Megafoo Chavez

I love EGM
dude, this is a joke thread. first of all, Newzboyz tell your none dick sucking pussy giving fat christian wife to shutup. second of all, stop shitting up gaf's already precious bandwidth when you can just research one of the million+1 threads and articles on the internet for games on the xbox 360.

But thankfully, i don't believe you have a wife or even old enough to shoot come out of your pathetic cock for your mommy to let you play a xbox 360. STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET.

Polari

Megafoo Chavez said:
dude, this is a joke thread. first off all, Newzboyz tell your none dick sucking pussy giving fat christian wife to shutup. second off all, stop shitting up gaf's already precious bandwidth when you can just research one of the million+1 threads and articles on the internet for games on the xbox 360.

But thankfully, i don't believe you have a wife or even old enough to shoot come out of your pathetic cock for your mommy to let you play a xbox 360. STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNET.

Yeah, pretty much.

Tchu-Espresso

Bearillusion said:
It's not 'his' money it's 'their' money. That's part of his point I believe.
Thats why i said his OWN money. As if he has no money of his own or doesnt have the ability to generate save his own money.

Megafoo Chavez said:
dude, this is a joke thread. first off all, Newzboyz tell your none dick sucking pussy giving fat christian wife to shutup. second off all, stop shitting up gaf's already precious bandwidth when you can just research one of the million+1 threads and articles on the internet for games on the xbox 360.

I was banned last week for posting two batman gifs. Hopefully the above receives the same treatment.

Tchu-Espresso

Megafoo Chavez said:

:lol :lol

Z3F

Banned
LJ11 said:
For **** sakes, it's $400 bucks. A nice dinner will run you around $100 bucks. Take her out to 4 nice dinners and call it even. **** her really good too, that should go a long way.

S*** or F***? Please clarify yourself. :lol

Tchu-Espresso

Bearillusion said:
I was banned last week for posting two batman gifs. Hopefully the above receives the same treatment.
Why? We're all thinking it, he just happened to say it.

I say we have a lot to learn from this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom