• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

willbsn13

A thread to discuss FM7 before launch, since there is going to be lot of stuff coming out for the game shortly. And there were no other threads to discuss this info.

Previews for Forza Motorsport 7 will be coming out on Tuesday the 19th. Probably just before the demo arrives. These will feature the first full hour or so of career mode.

The Demo for FM7 will release on the 19th too, for both Windows 10 PC and Xbox One.

Today, a bunch of NEW info was dropped in the Turn 10 Week in Review article including;

- Install Size is 95GB for Xbox. 45GB of that is on the disc, 50GB is an additional download in the form of a day one patch. Though the game can be played just off the 45GB on the physical disc. The other 50GB "unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver's Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you'll need to have the additional update installed"
- Auction House, #Forzathon and Leagues will be enabled in the weeks after launch.
- New details on new Homologation feature next week
- Soon to be unveiling cars in the Specialty Vendor (which will feature a regular cadence of unique cars for purchase)
- Post launch updates over the months include Forzathon, New Rivals & Hoppers w/Homologation feature, New Prize Crates, Updates to Specialty Vendor.
- "The months ahead will also see new features to the game, which we'll outline in further detail soon."
- November 7th; Forza Motosport 7 will get a 4k update for Xbox One X.

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_15_17

The Achievements list was also dropped yesterday (but no topic was posted here)

Welcome to Forza Motorsport (5): Complete your first race
Buyer's Market (5): Buy a car in the Auction House
Wheelin' Dealin' (5): Sell a car in the Auction House
Bronze Collector (10): Collect 100 cars
Silver Collector (20): Collect 300 cars
Gold Collector (30): Collect 500 cars
Platinum Collector (50): Collect 700 cars
Suit Up (5): Unlock 10 Driver Gear suits
If The Shoe Fits... (10): Unlock 25 Driver Gear suits
Decked Out (20): Unlock 50 Driver Gear suits
Fashion Statement (50): Unlock 100 Driver Gear suits
Uncommon Collector (5): Reach Car Collector Tier 2
Rare Collector (10): Reach Car Collector Tier 3
Super Rare Collector (10): Reach Car Collector Tier 4
Legendary Collector (10): Reach Car Collector Tier 5
Exclusive Collector (20): Reach Car Collector Tier 6
Elite Collector (20): Reach Car Collector Tier 7
Ultimate Collector (50): Reach Car Collector Tier 8
Rennsport Driver (10): Own the 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS
Paparazzi (5): Share a Photo
Show Off (5): Share a Replay
Seeker Champion (10): Complete the Seeker Championship
Breakout Champion (10): Complete the Breakout Championship
Evolution Champion (15): Complete the Evolution Championship
Domination Champion (15): Complete the Domination Championship
Masters Champion (20): Complete the Masters Championship
Driver's Cup Champion (25): Complete the Forza Drivers Cup
Seeker Elite Champion (25): Complete the Seeker Championship on Elite
Breakout Elite Champion (25): Complete the Breakout Championship on Elite
Evolution Elite Champion (25): Complete the Evolution Championship on Elite
Domination Elite Champion (25): Complete the Domination Championship on Elite
Masters Elite Champion (30): Complete the Masters Championship on Elite
Driver's Cup Elite Champion (50): Complete the Forza Drivers Cup on Elite
Show and Tell (25): Complete all Showcase Events in the Forza Driver's Cup
Modified (5): Use your first Mod
Playing With A Full Deck (10): Acquire 50 Mods
Discard Pile (10): Equip and Fully Use 50 Mods
Cash Rules Everything Around Me (15): Earn 500,000 credits from Mods
I Am Legend (20): Finish an event and complete all challenges with 3 Legendary Mods
Moonlighting (10): Complete 50 laps at night
‘Bahn Burner (5): Complete a race in the 1998 Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion on Maple Valley
Italian Tune Up (5): Complete a race in the 2014 Ferrari FXX K on Mugello
Monster (5): Complete a race in the 2017 Nissan GT-R on Suzuka
No Substitute (15): Complete a race with every car from Porsche
Two-Fifty (5): Drive faster than 250 mph in any car
Making It Rain (5): Create your own weather forecast in Freeplay
Storm Chaser (10): Complete a race in every Rain Weather Scenario
Survival of the Fastest (50): Complete the Spa-Francorchamps 100 showcase event with Extra Long Race Length enabled.
Paint Booth (5): Share one of your Paints
All About the Benjamins (10): Earn 50,000 credits from the community using your Design
Tune It Up (5): Share one of your Tunes
Skills to Pay the Bills (10): Earn 50,000 credits from the community using your Tune
Unrivaled (15): Beat a 10 Rivals while running with no Assists
Super Human (20): Win a race with Unbeatable Drivatar Difficulty
Joy Ride (5): Enter Test Drive in any car
Nightvision (5): Complete 50 laps at night in Multiplayer
Rain Dancer (5): Complete 50 laps in the rain in Multiplayer
Gaining Experience (5): Complete 100 laps in Multiplayer
Devoted Racer (10): Complete 300 laps in Multiplayer
World Traveler (50): Complete a race on every track in Multiplayer
Hard Driver (15): Win a race with no Assists turned on in a Multiplayer race
Underdog (15): Start last and finish first in a Multiplayer race with 24 cars

I think we also still need an OT name..

Mods lock if old or unnecessary

Discuss

Game file sizes quickly went from huge to ridiculous this gen.

Most people were assuming that the 50 GB size of a dual-layer BD would be some kind of de-facto game size limit but these days it's more like you dedicate one hard drive to each game you want to play.

50gb day 1 patch? I was really hesitant to buy the Super Mario Odyssey Switch bundle because it was digital. A 50gb patch on my internet would take nearly a full day of nonstop downloading.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
so that's just for XB1? on PC the total size is 100GB? i'm starting to think about upgrading my 1TB SSD. might just need to stick a 7200RPM in because SSD prices are ridiculous still.

Peterthumpa

huh? Forza 7 comes out before the release of X1X. Why would they provide a 4K patch before the console even comes out? Doesn't make any sense
Well, at this point in time one would think that support for Xbox One X is already included for quite some time, given the E3 build, so it's at least weird that it doesn't come with it and the game just switches to 4K mode when running on a X next November.

I feel bad for people with slow or capped data Internet. 50GB day 1 patch, ouch.

I wonder how big the 4k texture pack will be on top of this.

Well, at this point in time one would think that support for Xbox One X is already included for quite some time, given the E3 build, so it's at least weird that it doesn't come with it and the game just switches to 4K mode when running on a X next November.

Pretty sure if you don't have an Xbox One X it won't download the 4K patch, so, they're probably not including it in the initial patch (when no one even has an X) deliberately.

I wish they wouldn't call it a day one patch.

Yeah it's not really a patch. It's more like, only half the game actually fits on the disc, so you have to download the other half before you can play it.

Why they can't just ship the game on 2 discs and save people who don't have Google Fiber the agony of downloading 50 GB to play their game is beyond my ability to comprehend.

willbsn13

Yeah it's not really a patch. It's more like, only half the game actually fits on the disc, so you have to download the other half before you can play it.

Why they can't just ship the game on 2 discs and save people who don't have Google Fiber the agony of downloading 50 GB to play their game is beyond my ability to comprehend.

I agree with you. I'm wondering if any game this gen has shipped with two discs?

Grassy

Wrong. The game is playable on-disc - https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_9_15_17

Naturally, the game can be played from the disc alone. However, if you want to experience the true depth and breadth of content in Forza Motorsport 7, you’ll want to take the additional update. A great example is the Forza Driver’s Cup single-player campaign. While all players can complete the first play-through of the Forza Driver’s Cup on disc, beating the series unlocks a wealth of new Forza Driver’s Cup content, including new competitive and Showcase events, as well as new trophies and Driver Gear rewards. In order to access those new events and rewards, you’ll need to have the additional update installed.

modsbox

Why the fuck can't anyone do two discs anymore? We had 2, 3, and 4 disc PS1 and 2 games for days. 50gb day one patch is just ridiculous.

Before I sold my X1 I vividly remember having Halo MCC, Halo 5 and like 3 other games total and having to delete shit to play Quantum Break. It was insane. After the OS you've only got like 425 gigs free to start with, this game is going to push 30% or more just by itself!

N21

Cue 153 races where you start anywhere between 1st and 23rd, but never 24th.

Me: Why, Turn 10?
Turn 10: Because it ain't about the game, it's about THE POWER!

gumball_and_darwin_evil_face_by_samanathakezia-d97by5a.jpg

big_z

the game went gold already and it takes time to press discs. even if they did a 2 disc release there would still be a large day one update to fix issues in the gold build.

MouldyK

Hopefully Microsoft's new tech cuts these download sizes a tad.

I mean, I know it won't...but I can hope.

With content now divided into context-sensitive chunks, the door is now open to titles that can be delivered to users on more than one Blu-ray disc. Logically, essential data is located on the first disc and installed first, with the Xbox system software prompting the user to insert further discs in order to install other data.

It will Atleast allow multidisc.

FyreWulff

I don't think the One or PS4 have implemented multi-disc game installs, unfortunately

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My issue with sizes like this isn’t the inconvenience of installation, it’s that these effectively make the game require an internet connection.

Rellik

This thread will probably get locked since I don't think these are allowed since the OT rules were changed, but this is nothing new for Forza. Although they used to at least spread it across multiple discs.

Top Bottom