• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 7 Pre-Release Discussion (50GB Day1 Patch, Achievements, Demo/Previews on 19th)

What is the point of the disc if the day one update is the same size as what the bluray can hold? does this game even play without the update or is it missing key content?

Maple Valley with all the trees in 2D is not looking very hot to say the least.

Usually I am not a "trees not looking good" guy but there are so many in this track and it is a little distracting.

Two questions:
At what time will the early access go live?
Has anybody received their Forza 7 Ultimate key from cdkeys?

I’m getting a little excited if you can’t tell.

Maple Valley with all the trees in 2D is not looking very hot to say the least.

Usually I am not a "trees not looking good" guy but there are so many in this track and it is a little distracting.

It's a bit of a shame that starting last gen we had 3D spectators in the hundreds and 3D trees that moved, now we have fallen back to xbox original standards.

Hawk269

No rain on Monza and Mugello? :( I was hoping for a weather on all tracks. I though that was the reason we not getting many new tracks this time cause they worked on a weather for the rest, really disappointed by this.

I wish they did not waste the extra resources to do the Top Gear track. That and test track are pretty pointless tracks for me...they should left Top Gear as whatever and took a more common track in it's place.

Hawk269

Yesterday, I decided to load up Forza 6 and run the Nurb GT track in the rain to see how it compares to Forza 7 demo and damn it is so much better on the Demo. Aliasing is shockingly so much better in Forza 7 as is the texture filtering. But the biggest is the IQ being so much better. Turn 10 usually does pretty good but they always have aliasing issues and while the demo still has it's aliasing issues, it is so much better than Forza 6.

saladine1

Two questions:
At what time will the early access go live?
Has anybody received their Forza 7 Ultimate key from cdkeys?

I’m getting a little excited if you can’t tell.

Waiting for mine as well. They said it'll be delivered one day before the 29th....28th here in Aus at the moment and still nothing.

willbsn13

When its just right....

We've some image tweaks to complete, I'm actually doing the bbcode at work because it's more interesting what I'm paid to do.

But its basically done

Awesome work as always Frontier. My ultimate edition unlocks in 4 hrs, can't wait to start playing!

frontieruk

Awesome work as always Frontier. My ultimate edition unlocks in 4 hrs, can't wait to start playing!

Yeah we were almost ready for the Aussie launch this time, till the image issue reared its head, but it gives me some more time to build out the text and that's what's really important right?

Not Zorbies awesome images...

But Damn they are good this time...

willbsn13

Yeah we were almost ready for the Aussie launch this time, till the image issue reared its head, but it gives me some more time to build out the text and that's what's really important right?

Not Zorbies awesome images...

But Damn they are good this time...

New Zealand launch actually ;)

And I hope the images are as awesome as advertised, no pressure Zorbs....

Wow, that was a horrifying crash. Glad to see that guy able to walk away from it.

I never knew that truck racing was a thing, so thanks for the links. It makes me feel like there's probably at least one person out there that's stoked for the truck racing in the game and that makes me a little happy (as silly as that sounds). I initially thought it was just like some "fun" thing they put in the game.

Yeah, I posted that first video having only skipped to the middle to see if the quality was OK, then realised it had a crash. But everything was fine with the drivers (damn he looks so young!), so I kept it in there.

It's really cool they are adding them! I think some people will love to race these monsters! Though i doubt there will be that many different trucks to choose from. Still, a huge 24 truck race is just amazing to look at, and seeing people do this in real life still just amazes me!

Grassy

Jesus fucking christ, don't pause your download on the Windows Store whatever you do. I downloaded 50GB overnight then paused it and turned off my PC when I went to work this morning, came home and restarted it and it reset to fucking 0GB...can't wait to not play this game at launch.

I guess that's karma coming back at me after saying I had no problems downloading Forza Horizon 3 and I hadn't had any issues with the Windows Store...cunts.

xrnzaaas

Jesus fucking christ, don't pause your download on the Windows Store whatever you do. I downloaded 50GB overnight then paused it and turned off my PC when I went to work this morning, came home and restarted it and it reset to fucking 0GB...can't wait to not play this game at launch.

I guess that's karma coming back at me after saying I had no problems downloading Forza Horizon 3 and I hadn't had any issues with the Windows Store...cunts.

Lol someone at Microsoft skipped the 'how to make a download client 101' class.

G Rom

Oh how I missed you Suzuka...

36f5f762-1b77-41b0-bwhr1l.jpeg

d4d1544c-c215-41fc-b1lrn7.jpeg

Daffy Duck

So I’m downloading now and the game is 67Gb, is there the massive day one patch on top of this or when the game is done will it download the patch?

Xbox one BTW

Watched the official stream yesterday and saw how the first car is a freeby.

I'm definitely going to choose that McLaren F1 as mine.

G Rom

Nearly made the mistake to go for a modern hot hatch as my free car...

f7f96a6f-5640-4a0a-8biry9.jpeg

190b6477-7939-4cc6-91fpaz.jpeg

I’d have to check other cars but I think they might finally be busting out the Forzavista model in photo mode, I don’t think would have had that level of detail in FM6 on-track photo mode.

BTW, Helios if you’re reading this, you can add to the fix list for the first patch to add the ability to move around the watermark on photos, like in Horizon. I find it incredible that this still hasn’t been ported over to Motorsport...

I’d have to check other cars but I think they might finally be busting out the Forzavista model in photo mode, I don’t think would have had that level of detail in FM6 on-track photo mode.

There's a 100% giveaway to check - look at the pillars to see if the hanging seatbelts are present. They're there in the Forzavista models but not in the gameplay models.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
The final game runs perfectly on my PC, just like the demo, no stutter despite having two cores at 100%.

1440p, everything Ultra, MSAA 4x, 200% resolution.
Unlocked FPS gives 90-140+ FPS (but with tearing so I lock it to 60).

i7 5930K @ 4.4 GHz
Inno3D 1080 Ti iChill Ultra X4
16 GB DDR4
Thrustmaster TX

Top Bottom