• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Golf 5 Screenshots (WOW)

Mmmkay

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070223/golf5.htm?ref=rss

golf502.jpg

golf504.jpg

golf511.jpg

golf516.jpg

golf521.jpg

golf523.jpg

golf528.jpg

golf531.jpg

golf543.jpg

Stealth

Looks real nice. Is this a PSN game or is that just a note on when the demo will be out?

Edit: the characters look like they're from Grandia or something.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
my god.

... that is some of the creepiest shit ive ever seen.

REAL LIFE + WEIRD ANIME ART CHARACTER = SCARY RUN AWAY

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf, this looks awesome

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
CREEPY PLASTIC DOLLS + REALISTIC SCENERY?

= WIN WIN WIN

I think Sony forced Polyphony at point blank to reveal their secrets of lighting to the rest of Sony internal.

colinp

Banned
I dunno. I don't think they mixed the realism/anime look quite right, so the people look a bit creepy to me. :lol

Just.... creepy

Stealth

BrandNew said:
Trees must be really hard to do in games–every game has shitty trees.

Looks awesome otherwise.

Probably using that Speed Tree or w/e it is that Sony licensed. I think they look pretty good, though.

Ugh...this is some creepy shit. The graphics are great from a technical perspective, but the characters look like creepy "Precious Moments" come to life. The courses look great, though.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
you guys are kidding, right?

yea the environments look great, but c'mon... that all just looks wrong or something

Jammy

Banned
I love the way the characters look. I love the way the environments look. I hate they way they look together...

John Harker said:
my god.

... that is some of the creepiest shit ive ever seen.

REAL LIFE + WEIRD ANIME ART CHARACTER = SCARY RUN AWAY
yeah. i have to agree. technically it looks pretty sound, but it's just too ****ed up looking.

i'm getting that 'theme park big headed animal' creepy from this.

careksims

Day one purchase! I wish Super Swing Golf looked this good. I never did play one of these games. Is the A.I. at least forgiving?

Bebpo

Banned
It looks a hell of a lot better than it did at TGS when it was a jaggy PS2 game in disguise as a PS3 title.

Looks...playable now.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice Character models + lighting, but the environments need work. Not the old shot of the whole course but in the normal shots.

Stealth

So if I'm reading the translation right, Sony is putting out a free demo of this in Japan on the PSN from March 21st to May 7. And then a full release will hit in July...

Someone who can read Japanese confirm this?

Any1

Dude, wtf are yall people talking about creepy? As far as some anime golf game set in a real life environment goes, this game is friggin awesome! I'll take this "uncanny valley" crap any day over previous golf games.

Mrbob

Stealth said:
So if I'm reading the translation right, Sony is putting out a free demo of this in Japan on the PSN from March 21st to May 7. And then a full release will hit in July...

Been confirmed already.

Stealth said:

That would be the first time a demo has been pulled from the PSN, right? The only demo I know that has been removed from XBLM was Table Tennis because they though people were playing it and not buying the game because the demo had "enough".

Looks at those pants. It even takes into account discoloration in patches. And some of those high environment shots look real. Huge turnaround since the last time we saw this game.

Top Bottom