• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rodrigo Duterte tells Philippines police to kill his son if drug allegations are true

Rodrigo Duterte has ordered police to kill his eldest son if drug trafficking allegations against him are proven true.

The Philippine President added he would make sure those who carried out the execution would be protected from prosecution.

The 72-year-old, speaking to government workers at the presidential palace in Manila, insisted death would be the result for any of his children involved in drugs.

"I said before my order was: ’If I have children who are into drugs, kill them so people will not have anything to say’,” he said.

"So I told Pulong (his son’s nickname): ’My order is to kill you if you are caught, and I will protect the police who kill you, if it is true’.”

Paulo Duterte appeared before a Senate inquiry earlier this month to deny links to a seized shipment of $125m (£93m) worth of crystal methamphetamine from China.

Opponents of his father, who has begun a brutal crackdown on the drugs trade, say they believe the 42-year-old may have helped ease the entry of the shipment into Manila.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ue-president-paolo-manila-china-a7959121.html

Miles X

Bit stupid of Duterte to say that ... his son is probably one of the few that can get close enough to him ...

99Luffy

Banned
True, unwavering. Justice.

62x4Iik.png

The Mule

"So I told Pulong (his son’s nickname): ’My order is to kill you if you are caught, and I will protect the police who kill you, if it is true’.”
Oh, so he believes in gathering evidence and having a trial i.e. the due process of law? But only when it's his son. Everyone else can just kill someone they suspect of dealing or taking drugs without any evidence...

This guy.

sphagnum

Banned
this is some Stalin level shit.

I mean Stalin didn't technically order his son's death, he just left him to die when he refused a trade with the Germans for him.

And then theres what he said about his son's failed suicide attempt though ("He can't even shoot straight!").

Tekniqs

Oh, so he believes in gathering evidence and having a trial i.e. the due process of law? But only when it's his son. Everyone else can just kill someone they suspect of dealing or taking drugs without any evidence...

This guy.
Word. Plus this is probably just lip service

Ac30

Well....at least he's not a hypocrite...yet.

He is, as others have said they gun down other suspects without trial. They would've already killed him if he wasn't Duterte's son (and frankly the PNP are probably so afraid they wouldn't dare kill him anyways).

Keasar

Ku....dos.... for staying on message?

72 years old!? Okay, is a pattern of old people in power being jerks starting to emerge?

Kettch

Ku....dos.... for staying on message?

72 years old!? Okay, is a pattern of old people in power being jerks starting to emerge?

I don't think his age really has anything to do with it.

He claims to have personally executed suspects as much as 30 years ago, when he was a mayor.

I wonder if, after this entire purge is done, the people there can stand knee deep in the blood and guts of their own people and rest easy. Sure they can claim outsiders don't understand but a great deal of atrocities have been justified in similar ways. They're staining their country's soul with this.

When keepin' it authoritarian goes way too wrong.

Jesus dude

Edit: Seriously, that is hardcore. Even most despots, insane royalty and corrupt leaders throughout the ages would say "wait a minute".

Bleepey

Duterte is like the president in
Kingsman 2
. Extremely mild spoiler for popular film released this week.

Top Bottom