• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TMNT on XBLA....

Smilebit

Hmmmm.... 4 player online co-op http://xboxfirst.com/?p=97

tmntarcadexbla.jpg

tmntarcadexbla2.jpg

Hmmm...I'd love for Capcom to get a license to rerelease AvP or Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. At least, Konami got TMNT 1 coin-op. TiT wasn't nearly as good, IMO.

Foil

Hell yes! Ugly border though.

Now just get the old X-Men arcade game up there with 4 player co-op.

Edit: Not sure, but something about those pics seems off. Fake?

Apoc29

MightyHedgehog said:
Hmmm...I'd love for Capcom to get a license to rerelease AvP or Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. At least, Konami got TMNT 1 coin-op. TiT wasn't nearly as good, IMO.

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs FTW! You haven't lived until you've suplexed a T-Rex with Mess-O.

Also, 4-player Sunset Riders, please.

element

if this is really on partnernet, MS is really going to have to do something about restricting access to it.

Foil

Shard said:
Hmmm, those Konami/Ubisoft logos would explain a few things.

If true, hopefully that bodes well for other companies to work together on getting old games up, like Marvel vs Capcom, Goldeneye 64, X-Men Arcade, The Simpsons Arcade, etc.

Logos look photoshopped to me. I'll wait for this to be confirmed.

Norse

cool...thanks for ink. Never heard of that site..they seem to have alot of screenshots of stuff..added to bookmarks

unomas

Banned
I haven't dumped much cash for XBLA games, but games like this with good co-op could definitely get me to start making purchases. I've been too busy downloading movies lately to mess with the arcade.

----

Banned
Make-up sex? :D

Just in time for the movie's release. Would be very smart for MS/Ubisoft/Konami to get this thing out on Live Arcade with all the hype for the upcoming movie.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Foil said:
If true, hopefully that bodes well for other companies to work together on getting old games up, like Marvel vs Capcom, Goldeneye 64, X-Men Arcade, The Simpsons Arcade, etc.

Logos look photoshopped to me. I'll wait for this to be confirmed.

Well, there is sort of back up evidence in the form of the ESRB listing for the NES TMNT 1 game. Granted it is all unconfirmed, but it appears that Konami is reviving the old TMNT games for use on the digital download. Furthermore, we know that Ubisoft currently has (at least a portion of) the TMNT license as they got that TMNT which is based on the CG film coming in March. In other words seeing those two logos makes perfect sense.

Lorul2

There is an easy way to verify this.

Post it on TeamXbox if it gets locked or deleted in the first hour its a pretty good chance its real...

:D

xsarien

daedsiluap
If this is fake I'm going to hurt someone real bad.

Alternatively, a VC release would be cool as I could keep all of my classic gaming - more or less - on one system.

element

Lorul2 said:
There is an easy way to verify this.

Post it on TeamXbox if it gets locked or deleted in the first hour its a pretty good chance its real...

:D
:lol :lol :lol oh so true. wouldn't be locked. it would be deleted.

Somnid

Looks rather BS to me. Ubisoft owns the movie rights, Konami has always owned the series rights. There's no reason why Ubisoft's logo would appear on this.

Frenck

Banned
Somnid said:
Looks rather BS to me. Ubisoft owns the movie rights, Konami has always owned the series rights. There's no reason why Ubisoft's logo would appear on this.

Exactly.

And I don't think they would work together for such a small scale product.

element

Somnid said:
what makes you think that the IP is split between movie and television show?

Frenck

Banned
element said:
what makes you think that the IP is split between movie and television show?

Old press release:

"Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that it has signed an exclusive worldwide license agreement with 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. and Mirage Group to develop and publish Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles® a video game based on the new CG feature-length film being produced by Imagi Animation Studios and to be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures in the U.S. and The Weinstein Company internationally. Under the agreement, it is expected that the video game will be available for gaming consoles in conjunction with the movie’s planned release in early 2007."

Top Bottom