• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steep director again says the Switch version is still happening

Ubisoft hasn’t said much about the Switch version of Steep since it was announced for the console back in January. Even with the silence, we apparently shouldn’t be too concerned, as it’s said to still be happening.

Nerd Report interviewed Steep director Arnaud Ragot in preparation of a new expansion releasing on other platforms soon. The publication also managed to ask a question about the Switch edition. Ragot said that it’s “still planned, still something we have in our mind.” The current focus is that expansion, though.

See Youtube Link for more information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=140&v=H9uQiQS5MLs

Hmmmm I'm choosing to believe vern on this one haha

I don't doubt that it might happen, but I'm starting to wonder who would even buy it at this point. It probably makes much more sense to can it.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
"Still planned" doesn't really sound like it's definitely happening. In fact it doesn't even sound like it exists yet.

Doorman

"Still planned / in our mind" sure reads more to me like "someone in marketing announced this but we've done literally zero actual work on it and just hope people forget."

I agree that it's probably too late for this to really matter anymore. People who liked Steep's concept likely already own it and we're at a point in the Switch's life where the "starving for games" sales bump may not work so much in their favor anymore. Not to say it couldn't do well, but I hope they aren't considering this as a possible hit or a big litmus test for system interest.

giphy.gif

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Good - no need to release it until they are happy with the quality.

LordRaptor

It would make more sense to release it with all dlc included as a GOTY edition along with any other GOTY releases than it would to release it late and missing content at full price

jdstorm

Banned
Steep has been a GaaS game for a while now so I'm guessing that Ubisoft is probably trying to make an expansion/GotY edition so tbat Steep (Switch) is a viable value proposition for both new consumers .and customers that want to double dip

Effect

Wish they'd just be honest and say it's not happening. "Still planned" is not a confirmation of the game coming or being worked on. "Still planned" says to me nothing at all has been done. If they still have nothing to show at this point they might has well not bother and stop lying. No one is going to care about the game come 2019/2020. That's when I'd expect something if this is still in the planning stages.

JP

That's good.

Maybe it'll be finished in time to launch alongside their Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics DLC.

Top Bottom