• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
it seems there's an extremely good chance I'll be going to jail for 90 days. Further, I'm sure that the time will keep being extended depending on how much trouble I want to cause them for this bullshit wrap.

Well just a heads up! potential three months with no Amir0x : the upside for me, I may miss my sisters wedding! Hurrah! The downside for everone else: No Amir0x! I'm sure you're all horrified.

Amir0x

Banned
basically my mother violently attacked me with her purse, and I restrained her from doing further damage. Apparently you're not allowed to restrain someone who is attacking you, you must walk away. Long story short, my mother is hitting me with one of them things where if I go within 90 meters of her house I will be arrested and put in jail for 90 days. I fully intent to do precisely that, to piss my mom off. And I will keep doing it, over and over again, until she cancels or burns the notice against me.

newsguy

Dude that sucks. Does it have something to do with your bro? I remember reading something about your brother going to jail a while back. BTW, if you get your salad tossed make sure they don't use honey or anything oil based.

EDIT: I see it had nothing to do with your bro.

mrmyth

Amir0x said:
basically my mother violently attacked me with her purse, and I restrained her from doing further damage. Apparently you're not allowed to restrain someone who is attacking you, you must walk away. Long story short, my mother is hitting me with one of them things where if I go within 90 meters of her house I will be arrested and put in jail for 90 days. I fully intent to do precisely that, to piss my mom off. And I will keep doing it, over and over again, until she cancels or burns the notice against me.

Your logic does not resemble Earth logic.

Easiest way to piss her off is to move farther away and ignore all of them.

Amir0x said:
No offense, but I found it funny that you couldn't recall the name "restraining order" after using the word restrain twice before hand. :p

Amir0x

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Is there a chance she's not going to get the order served?

If by 'chance', means she just hopped in a can an hour ago to go to the court house to get the order served, then yes.

BobfromPikeCreek said:
No offense, but I found it funny that you couldn't recall the name "restraining order" after using the word restrain twice before hand. :

Technically, and I don't claim to know all the details here, but it's NOT a restraining order. It is called something else, and is apparently specific to child parental interaction.

Amir0x said:
it seems there's an extremely good chance I'll be going to jail for 90 days. Further, I'm sure that the time will keep being extended depending on how much trouble I want to cause them for this bullshit wrap.

Well just a heads up! potential three months with no Amir0x : the upside for me, I may miss my sisters wedding! Hurrah! The downside for everone else: No Amir0x! I'm sure you're all horrified.

No Super Paper Mario for you? :(

Stay safe dude.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
So...unless you enjoy prison sex, I really see no reason to go back to the house. It might be easier said than done, but, just leave that place and move on. No sense wasting life in a jail cell, just because you wanted to piss someone off. If you really want to go to prison, I'm pretty sure their is a bank you can rob or some shit.

JayDubya

Banned
I'm of the opinion that if someone, including mother or wife, tries to hurt you, you're in your rights to stop them. No one has the right to attack you.

This is bullshit, Ami. Worse than the legal bullshit, this is a horrific betrayal by a loved one.

Amir0x

Banned
mrmyth said:
Your logic does not resemble Earth logic.

Easiest way to piss her off is to move farther away and ignore all of them.

It's logical if you consider that house contains my two sisters, whom I would willingly die for to protect, and which no pathetic police force can prevent me from going there. What's worse is since it applies to everything, they're not even allowed to visit me at my house either. So it's REALLY ****ed.

White Man

I don't know what your situation is, Ami, but you don't want to go to the clink for 90 days if you could avoid it. Just ignore, her, man. There may be guilt trips worth laying and points to be made, but jail for 90s days is not something you want to walk into if it can be avoided. I'm positive that there must be other ways to make whatever statement you are trying to convey. 90s days prison to make a point is a hell of a lot of collateral damage, especially when it's over something as relatively unimportant as family.

Oldschoolgamer said:
So...unless you enjoy prison sex
I don't think a 90 day sentence caused by disrupting some form of restraining order (whatever it may really be called) will get him sent to a (to quote Office Space) "federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison."

Still though, I agree this is a bad idea.

newsguy

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Oh, btw, punch someone on the first day.

Amir0x said:
Long story short, my mother is hitting me with one of them things where if I go within 90 meters of her house I will be arrested and put in jail for 90 days. I fully intent to do precisely that, to piss my mom off. And I will keep doing it, over and over again, until she cancels or burns the notice against me.
I believe this falls under the category of "cutting off your nose to spite your face."

Amir0x said:
no pathetic police force can prevent me from going there
Sounds like your going to have an excellent opportunity to watch them do exactly that. 90 days at a time.

mrmyth

Amir0x said:
It's logical if you consider that house contains my two sisters, whom I would willingly die for to protect, and which no pathetic police force can prevent me from going there. What's worse is since it applies to everything, they're not even allowed to visit me at my house either. So it's REALLY ****ed.

I don't know the backstory so I'll be an ass - do they need the protection?

You show a repeated willingness to break this order and it'll be more than 90 days in lockup. Times have changed.

Amir0x

Banned
White Man said:
I don't know what your situation is, Ami, but you don't want to go to the clink for 90 days if you could avoid it. Just ignore, her, man. There may be guilt trips worth laying and points to be made, but jail for 90s days is not something you want to walk into if it can be avoided. I'm positive that there must be other ways to make whatever statement you are trying to convey. 90s days prison to make a point is a hell of a lot of collateral damage, especially when it's over something as relatively unimportant as family.

Make a suggestion. I'm all ears.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
her being able to get a restraining order against you doesn't mean what you did was illegal. It's usually very easy for a woman to get a restraining order... or other like type court order.

Amir0x said:

File a restraining order against her... see who cracks first.

White Man

Amir0x said:

I can't possibly know your situation as well as you do. I don't know what your goals are or what your resources are.

Won't she need a decent reason to get one of the not-a-restraining-order orders?

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Man, and I thought my life became ****ed when I actually had to call the police on my dad for how he was starting to act around my mom. You'd be surprised how little they're able/willing to do unless a person has basically already done the harm. There would be moments where I would try to verbally instigate him into hitting me just so they'd at least drag his ass away for a night. You've gotta love the law sometimes, especially in moments like yours. I'm sure I can at least loosely understand the type of frustration you're going though, but drink a few and try to wait until the whole "devil-may-care" period passes. You really don't want to do something that's going to have you winding up in jail for night, much more 90 days. A fact you'll likely realize within your first hour there.

I've found when it comes to shit parents (and what's rough is it's an on-and-off thing with my dad), it's sometimes best to just let it go.

JayDubya

Banned
Amir0x said:

Option #1: Go to the cops and file an assault charge against your mother. She started this, so fight back with gusto.

Option #2: Fight this in court.

Flo_Evans

the best thing to do is just to obey the restraining order. Unless she is a total cold-hearted bitch, soon she will realize that she was wrong and ask you to come back. Thats when you say "**** you I don't ever want to see you again" For maximum effect get your sisters to move out with you.

Unison

Why did your mom attack you in the first place? Last we heard she was not playing Wii with you due to her arthritis...

Dali

Your mother is giving you trouble. MY mother is giving me problems too. I believe we can to some sort of agreement that would be mutually beneficial.[insert maniacle laughter]

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Amir0x said:
Technically, and I don't claim to know all the details here, but it's NOT a restraining order. It is called something else, and is apparently specific to child parental interaction.
You mean an order of protection?

If one is issued, best to heed it while you fight it or have it overturned. Just spending an overnight in holding can be hell.

JayDubya said:
Option #1: Go to the cops and file an assault charge against your mother. She started this, so fight back with gusto.

Option #2: Fight this in court.
I agree. Ani you don't want jail on your record, no matter how admirable the reason is; jail is jail to employers.

White Man

I'd count backwards from 10, if you are still around, Ami. You said this is all happening like RIGHT NOW, so you'll probably come up with something more rational once a few hours pass and the details of the new situation fall into place.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
First, your mother attacked you... so file the damn assault charge like JayDubya said. You don't play hardball by getting yourself in jail.

If you really wanted to be an asshole, and your sisters are minors... contact social services. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom