• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So uhm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Woah, wtf.

That really sucks, Ami. I'm sure there's a not-so-nice backstory to all of this because unless it some kind of shady plot against you, I don't see your (or anyone's) mom attacking someone just because.

Either way, best of luck with this, I trust you'll definitely make the right decision. And be sure the forum will definitely miss you D:

LordMaji

Amir0x said:
basically my mother violently attacked me with her purse, and I restrained her from doing further damage. Apparently you're not allowed to restrain someone who is attacking you, you must walk away. Long story short, my mother is hitting me with one of them things where if I go within 90 meters of her house I will be arrested and put in jail for 90 days. I fully intent to do precisely that, to piss my mom off. And I will keep doing it, over and over again, until she cancels or burns the notice against me.

Thats ****ed up. Something like this happened to me. But the cops didn't do anything because I showed bruises she had caused to me and also a few bite marks she left. I was 15.

So nothing became of my mom going on a drunken rampage. Craziness man, good luck.

Zenith

Banned
Amir0x said:
It's logical if you consider that house contains my two sisters, whom I would willingly die for to protect, and which no pathetic police force can prevent me from going there. What's worse is since it applies to everything, they're not even allowed to visit me at my house either. So it's REALLY ****ed.

if your sisters are so young that your mother's restraining order or whatever it is applies to them then can't you call social services to "assess" your mother's fitness as a parent?

Amir0x

Banned
Zenith said:
if your sisters are so young that your mother's restraining order or whatever it is applies to them then can't you call social services to "assess" your mother's fitness as a parent?

She seriously has the youngest brainwashed into thinking this is how normal parents behave. If a child services came, it'd only affect the 17 year old, and I believe nothing can come of that.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Amir0x said:
It's logical if you consider that house contains my two sisters, whom I would willingly die for to protect, and which no pathetic police force can prevent me from going there. What's worse is since it applies to everything, they're not even allowed to visit me at my house either. So it's REALLY ****ed.

So you're saying you could be sitting in your place minding your own business and your mom could pull into your driveway and park, and that would get you arrested?

If she did that, you'd have to run out the back door?

Armitage

Don't go to freaking prison over it. There has got to be a better way to protest, maybe stand exactly 91m away and make sure you get noticed. 90 days prison time isn't worth it.

JayDubya

Banned
Like I said, set DEFCON 1 and load up the big guns.

She's FIYAHING ZEH MISSAHLZ and your current plan is just to walk into the blast radius.

Lob some tonnage back. Play hardball. Don't walk right into the trap.

Amir0x

Banned
GDJustin said:
So you're saying you could be sitting in your place minding your own business and your mom could pull into your driveway and park, and that would get you arrested?

If she did that, you'd have to run out the back door?

No, if I provided the transportion for one of those family members to reach my house, THEN it would go there.

Zenith

Banned
Amir0x said:
She seriously has the youngest brainwashed into thinking this is how normal parents behave. If a child services came, it'd only affect the 17 year old, and I believe nothing can come of that.

can't you co-opt your elder sister into helping convince your younger one? how long can it be till she turns 18 so you can meet her outside of the family home anyway, and then you can just cut your mother loose.

JayDubya

Banned
Amir0x said:
No, if I provided the transportion for one of those family members to reach my house, THEN it would go there.

So have your family members walk 100 meters away from the house before you pick them up. And drop them off 100 meters away.

Follow the letter of the (in this instance unjustly applied) law.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
What if you ran into them at the mall? If you saw them coming would you have to leave?

i disagree with most everyone else in this thread, you should show your mother who's boss by getting arrested and going to jail for 90 days, multiple times if possible.

you were on the right track amirox, don't let these fools disuade you from doing the right thing.

i'm proud of you man, stand up for what's right.

Hitokage said:
First, your mother attacked you... so file the damn assault charge like JayDubya said. You don't play hardball by getting yourself in jail.

If you really wanted to be an asshole, and your sisters are minors... contact social services. ;)

Indeed. If you're of legal age, you could even be assigned as guardian...

sky

90 days in jail isn't worth it, just to spite her. It might sound like a meaningful idea right now, but it's not worth wasting your time. Just lay low for a while. When you're angry, it's easy to make rash decisions that you'll later regret.

Amir0x said:
basically my mother violently attacked me with her purse, and I restrained her from doing further damage. Apparently you're not allowed to restrain someone who is attacking you, you must walk away. Long story short, my mother is hitting me with one of them things where if I go within 90 meters of her house I will be arrested and put in jail for 90 days. I fully intent to do precisely that, to piss my mom off. And I will keep doing it, over and over again, until she cancels or burns the notice against me.

That's pretty ****ed up... If you live in Texas you can legally shoot and kill her. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/27/AR2007032701384.html

Mute

Banned
Seriously, whip her ass in court. Sorry you have to deal with that craziness though, that's terrible.

Mike Works said:
i disagree with most everyone else in this thread, you should show your mother who's boss by getting arrested and going to jail for 90 days, multiple times if possible.

you were on the right track amirox, don't let these fools disuade you from doing the right thing.

:lol :lol :lol

:bow

fmcato

Get your ass into jail and there's no way in hell you'll get your sisters away from your mother in a legal way. Don't forget this.

Mike Works said:

QFT

C.Dark.DN

Banned
i'd call and talk to her, you don't want any trouble.

i don't think you're mom suddenly went psycho. there must have been an accumulation of things over time that you and her did that need to be worked out.

Ami: buy your Mom a Wii

and then stab her with with the Wiimote.....i mean if your gonna go to jail might as well do something funny.

Amir0x said:

Please think about SUPER PAPER MARIO before doing this :(

what would Paper Mario do?

White Man

It's gonna be tough playing Super Mario Galaxy when some neo-Nazi is carving a swastika into your ass while ****in' you in the pooper.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Hmmm....doesn't really make much sense. Will you, like, have to go to court before they send you to jail? Like, where you could tell them how this doesn't make any sense?

Rayo

Banned
salva said:
don't get raped in jail
Just remember: Only the rapist doesn't get raped.

Secondly, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger! This could be a nice vacation from responsibilities and a new experience.

waterboy.jpg

"m-momma, would you like me to tell you my opinions on popular games i don't like?"

waterboy3.jpg

325px-Waterboy.jpg

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Amir0x said:
it seems there's an extremely good chance I'll be going to jail for 90 days. Further, I'm sure that the time will keep being extended depending on how much trouble I want to cause them for this bullshit wrap.

Well just a heads up! potential three months with no Amir0x : the upside for me, I may miss my sisters wedding! Hurrah! The downside for everone else: No Amir0x! I'm sure you're all horrified.

So is TTb going to be going into massive pangs of celebration over this news?

JayDubya

Banned
White Man said:
It's gonna be tough playing Super Mario Galaxy when some neo-Nazi is carving a swastika into your ass while ****in' you in the pooper.

Please, like that'll be out in 3 months. :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
As much as I would love the inevitable epic return thread, it doesn't seem worth it.

I admit I'm quite the accomplished player in the game of hurting yourself just so someone else doesn't (undeservedly) win, but I'd have to bow before you as the king of this if you go through with it.

Just like you'd be bowing in front of guys in jail...

Hitokage said:
First, your mother attacked you... so file the damn assault charge like JayDubya said. You don't play hardball by getting yourself in jail.

If you really wanted to be an asshole, and your sisters are minors... contact social services. ;)
I'm sorry, but that is LOL funny. I've called CPS on my wife's step father for abusing his kids when they visit him (like bruises kind of abuse - they're all under 16 still) and they've done nothing. I had a counselor call them and report the abuse - still nothing. I think they need a dead kid before they'll do anything. (there was a case in Portland, OR at about the same time I moved up here and it took exactly that - a dead girl - for CPS to do anything after several notices that something was up.)

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Rob some liquor stores too, to get some more time added. You'll be teaching your mom a valuable lesson: don't mess with Amir0x, or he'll spend as much time in jail as needed to make you angry.

follow the damn order, man, as idiotic as it is.

Shouta

I agree with Jay and Hito. Fight fire with fire and do it via the court system. Going to jail won't achieve anything but if you can put legal pressure on her, I think it'd have a better chance of changing her attitude. It'd change her attitude or possibly make it worse though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
bune duggy said:
I'm sorry, but that is LOL funny. I've called CPS on my wife's step father for abusing his kids when they visit him (like bruises kind of abuse - they're all under 16 still) and they've done nothing. I had a counselor call them and report the abuse - still nothing. I think they need a dead kid before they'll do anything. (there was a case in Portland, OR at about the same time I moved up here and it took exactly that - a dead girl - for CPS to do anything after several notices that something was up.)
Yeah well, there's always the off chance amirox wouldn't be talking to people as lousy as the people in oregon. ;)

White Man

Hitokage said:
Yeah well, there's always the off chance amirox wouldn't be talking to people as lousy as the people in oregon. ;)

Speaking as someone from central PA, I really doubt we're dealing with the cream of the crop when it comes to the state social workers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom