• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

karasu said:
1296976qp7.jpg

She's cute here. What happened in game? 0_o
Is that a render?

Forsete

Gold Member
Doom_Bringer said:
May 14

It hasn't been confirmed though and nobody knows when they will show Uncharted

Ugh.. They really need to lift the lid soon.

It looks to hump every other console game visually, AND the gameplay sounds so awesome.
I'm intruged how the audio will turn out after that comment from ND, I hope they can demo that somehow.

mabuza

Banned
by the way i was listening to insomniac's full moon podcasts, and they definetely confirmed it will be shown on sony's gamers day. i think its monday next

Forsete

Gold Member
mabuza said:
by the way i was listening to insomniac's full moon podcasts, and they definetely confirmed it will be shown on sony's gamers day. i think its monday next

Uncharted or the new Ratchet? :) (Looking forward to both of them, but right now I'm more interested in Uncharted)

mabuza

Banned
Forsete said:
Uncharted or the new Ratchet? :) (Looking forward to both of them, but right now I'm more interested in Uncharted)
definetely uncharted. a listener asked the guys what they thought of uncharted and they said it was awesome from what they've seen, and that more will be unveiled at gamers day including ratchet of course

Forsete

Gold Member
mabuza said:
definetely uncharted. a listener asked the guys what they thought of uncharted and they said it was awesome from what they've seen, and that more will be unveiled at gamers day including ratchet of course

Saaweet. About time. :D
Thanks for the info.

Mononofu

Taken from VG Aficionado on PSINEXT forums.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune footage to be shown at Sony's Gamer's Day

Published: 40 minutes ago | Rumors | PlayStation 3
Info Report

Great news for Naughty Dog fans; the Uncharted: Drake's Fortune train has started to move. Richard Diamant, the lead character artist on Uncharted, has posted that:

"The marketing train is moving! Pretty much every month there is going to be some kind of preview I believe somewhere. In terms of gameplay.. well.. I'm not sure when we are going to release that to the public.. but the ship date is coming up fast! So regardless it wont be too long of a wait!!"

He then implies after a question about seeing the game in motion, that "All I can say is gamer's day is coming up very soon."

So Sony's Gamer's Day it is.

He further discusses the ingame graphics of Nathan Drake. Be prepared to be notably impressed, in that the model will look like the 2006 trailer, if not better... ingame:

"The in-game version was built on top of the high res. re-topologized to be low enough for games. Then a normal map was crated to get all the high detail of the original model.

You will be able to move the camera around his face and see the same detail in game. Right now there is no difference between the game res and cinematic. So whatever res you see in the cinematic is there in game."

NB: A link to the this information cannot be given, but it is assured that is 100% legitmate.

linky: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-38532.aspx

The marketing train is moving! Pretty much every month there is going to be some kind of preview I believe somewhere.

Now that's what i'm talking about, kick in that marketing machine on all fronts Sony. Once GD hit let everything flood out.

Can't wait for them to finally show this off, i'm getting annoyed withthe clunky animated games that have been released so far (see all next gen games released so far). If ND's track record is anything to go by they'll show other developers how its done.

Mononofu

So if this correct should we expect Nathan's model to look better than the shots in GI? It already appears to be upgraded compared to the trailer.

His explanation for the art change

Npl- we decided to go for a painterly feel for the models. not 100% photo realistic. this decision was made to get away from the creepy uncanny valley feel of a lot of other games that just throw photo's on a model and use scans for heads. so yes, its not 100% perfect, its a little stylized and "artistic" if you will. I'm hoping that comes through with the model.

SolidSnakex said:
Can't wait for them to finally show this off, i'm getting annoyed withthe clunky animated games that have been released so far (see all next gen games released so far). If ND's track record is anything to go by they'll show other developers how its done.

Seriously....why haven't more developers gone for dynamic animation systems??? The best we've done is probably NBA Street Homecourt, but it still has issues. In action/adventure games, we STILL haven't topped Prince of Persia, which was good for its time, but it's still 4 years old!

dammitmattt said:
Seriously....why haven't more developers gone for dynamic animation systems??? The best we've done is probably NBA Street Homecourt, but it still has issues. In action/adventure games, we STILL haven't topped Prince of Persia, which was good for its time, but it's still 4 years old!

SoTC and ICO stand up to that (i'd say they're better actually), but then again they're last gen games also. :/ It's really disappointing that animation seems to be the only area of graphics that developers don't seem to care about. You've got all these developers that talk about amazing textures, lighting ect. but the one aspect that's always ignored seems to be animation. There are around 10 announced games that seem like they're really going to push for real next gen animation. And that's sad.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mononofu said:
So if this correct should we expect Nathan's model to look better than the shots in GI? It already appears to be upgraded compared to the trailer.
I'm not sure that's what he says. He's saying that the model in cutscenes will be the same model as in the gameplay. Which is not all that surprising as ND so far always had realtime cutscenes in their games (even though cutscene models in Jak 2 and 3 were higher poly).

SolidSnakex said:
SoTC and ICO stand up to that (i'd say they're better actually), but then again they're last gen games also. :/ It's really disappointing that animation seems to be the only area of graphics that developers don't seem to care about. You've got all these developers that talk about amazing textures, lighting ect. but the one aspect that's always ignored seems to be animation. There are around 10 announced games that seem like they're really going to push for real next gen animation. And that's sad.

Yeah...ICO and SOTC had fluid animation for the most part, too. The problem is that developers are in love with motion-capture animation and completely forget about the transitional animations. The most important thing is for developers to develop animation systems that allow a seamless blend between different animations so everything is always flowing well, while at the same time not taking control away from the player.

It's not easy, but come on, this is next-gen!!!

That's probably the biggest issue, developers don't want to take the time to figure out how to make the animation incredibly smooth while also making the character feel right. Here's what ND said about that

We wanted him to have realistic movement and realistic weight and physics, to feel likes he's a 190lbs guy moving around. We wanted him to move fluidly without popping from state to state or from one animation to the next."

"But almost contradictory to the first two goals we wanted him to feel very responsive to the player."

Animation is going to really be what seperates alot of next gen games from the other. When people really start seeing what's possible hopefully then other developers will wake up and start making their games animate like the last gen.

szaromir

Banned
Example of great last-gen animations were Ninja Gaiden and Prince of Persia. Assassin's Creed from creators of PoP is also supposed to have procedural animation blending (like Uncharted) so if devs remove some glitches seen in the demo the game will also be incredible animtions-wise.

szaromir

Banned
dammitmattt said:
Is this what Lucas is using for Indiana Jones? If so....the demos are incredible.
I saw a demo with Indiana fighting his opponents on a tram - very glitchy to say the least. Others looked a bit better, but the game seemed to have a long way before it at E3 2k6. Is it still going to be released this year?

wotter

game looks awesome, can't wait for more footage :)

*images deleted*

**luca_29_bg
send you a link to a high res image of his avater

Raist

Banned
I wonder why Sony's so quiet with their major games.

I mean, they're not really in a leading scheme so far (and not even in a good position, let alone market leading), so showing up the good games could help a bit (I know, a price cut would probably help a ton more, but still)

What are they doing exactly ?

Preparing a megaton series or just screwing up ?

Raist said:
I wonder why Sony's so quiet with their major games.

I mean, they're not really in a leading scheme so far (and not even in a good position, let alone market leading), so showing up the good games could help a bit (I know, a price cut would probably help a ton more, but still)

What are they doing exactly ?

Preparing a megaton series or just screwing up ?

There's alot of expectations strapped to all their projects so its probably in their best interest to wait until they really feel like they're ready to be shown instead of just showing you early builds and having backlash happen.

Yeah, I think a lot is riding on defining the "Playstation 3 difference", so to speak. So showing off games in advanced stages where they can really impress is probably in Sony's best interest. I mean, look at the reception Lair has received; it's gone from complete disappointment to at the very least general acknowledgment of the technical strength of the game, and it makes you wonder if it hadn't been smarter to simply have waited until now to show it off.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Yeah, I think a lot is riding on defining the "Playstation 3 difference", so to speak. So showing off games in advanced stages where they can really impress is probably in Sony's best interest. I mean, look at the reception Lair has received; it's gone from complete disappointment to at the very least general acknowledgment of the technical strength of the game, and it makes you wonder if it hadn't been smarter to simply have waited until now to show it off.

Yep Lair really is a good example, all you need to do is go into that recent big Lair thread where IGN had a big update and the game got crushed by just about everyone and then we started seeing footage from the event F5 held and people turned completely around on the game.

Top Bottom