• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

szaromir said:
Uncharted will probably have incredible engine. I am more worried about gameplay as Jak 2, 3 and X Racing sucked very badly. I hope Uncharted isn't going to be a jack of all trades, master of none game like Jak 2&3 were.

You got this all wrong. Jak 2 had terrible gameplay because of backtracking however Jak 3 did not! It's a solid game and so is Jak X. Amy Hennings worked on Jak 3 and that's why it's good.

Didn't you say you couldn't play Jak 3 because it was too jaggy for you?

deepbrown

mr_nothin said:
SPILL MORE!!

Actually it doesn't explian the models...I thought it would. But basically it's his models he's done for the game...and I guess they are hoping to get them into the game looking like that and I doubt they'll be that far off.

deepbrown

Also...he says he was interested in working for Project Offset as he was impressed by their stuff, but didn't hear anything from them. Then went to Naughty Dog....wasn't sure as he didn't see any of the game media. But then he was shown it on another day and their plans...and he was "blown away", saying nothing came anywhere near Naughty Dog. He's been working with them for a year and he's been promoted, having a ball it seems...and he mentions that Naughty Dog's relationship with Sony is really healthy and Sony allows them so much freedom :)

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doom_Bringer said:
What's the problem D_B? Maybe he went over a friends to watch the game, like you do before coming here to pass judgment.

kaching said:
What's the problem D_B? Maybe he went over a friends to watch the game, like you do before coming here to pass judgment.

I had a argument with him an few months back over Jak 3 vs Oddworld.

mr_nothin

Banned
deepbrown said:
Actually it doesn't explian the models...I thought it would. But basically it's his models he's done for the game...and I guess they are hoping to get them into the game looking like that and I doubt they'll be that far off.
:(
I was skimming just to see about the models...
You're so lame for that one...

Who exactly are you dood?

szaromir

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
Not exactly. I didn't play much Jak 3 because i felt it was too similar to Jak 2 which I didn't like (unlike Jak 1). I said that IQ was bad in ND games though. But it's all old days and I don't want to troll another Uncharted thread with my Naughty Dog hate, so let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic for Uncharted and I'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage first.

mr_nothin

Banned
szaromir said:
Not exactly. I didn't play much Jak 3 because i felt it was too similar to Jak 2 which I didn't like (unlike Jak 1). I said that IQ was bad in ND games though. But it's all old days and I don't want to troll an Uncharted thread with my Naughty Dog hate, so let's just say I'm cautiously optimistic for Uncharted and I'm looking forward to seeing some gameplay footage first.
Jak 3 was no where near Jak 2
HOW DARE YOU?
I hated Jak 2

szaromir said:
Not exactly. I didn't play much Jak 3 because i felt it was too similar to Jak 2 which I didn't like (unlike Jak 1)t.

and that's where you are wrong. I played Jak 3 first and and Jak 2 after and I thought Jak 2 had a terrible design. Way too much traveling and backtracking, Jak 3 doesn't have that. Plus they fixed some other problems.

mr_nothin said:
Jak 3 was no where near Jak 2
HOW DARE YOU?
I hated Jak 2

Agreed. Amy Hennings am saved the series.

spwolf

OatmealMu said:
What an awesome morning on GAF. There's the DMC4 thread, the Jaffe one, and this. Much appreciated, GAF.

better join GAF folding team to show some appreciation... :)

theBishop

Banned
Forsete said:
Uncharted, game set and match so far for this generations graphics.

Until Uncharted 2 :)

But seriously, I don't think we're going to see what PS3 can do for a few years yet.

Even 360 still has a lot of juice left.

IMHO, Multithreaded code has a lot more potential for optimization than we're currently seeing.

karasu

1296976qp7.jpg

She's cute here. What happened in game? 0_o

Yoboman

Marconelly said:
Are you sure you're not mixing this game with Bioshock (which I know has dedicated water team or at least one person dedicated to water, something like that)
No, both of these games have a team dedicated to water. I believe they mentioned it in GI

In the GI there are several shots of her, in some she looks good in others her jaw makes her look strange. It just depends on the angle.

Thanks for the interview post DB I thought it was pretty sweet.

The part where he talks about just being blown away is really exciting just because with his talent I would imagaine that being a pretty hard thing to do. Kind of just confirms ND absolute domination as a company.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
In the GI there are several shots of her, in some she looks good in others her jaw makes her look strange. It just depends on the angle.
It doesn't look like the same model actually. Perhaps they updated her looks since then, there were quite a few complaints. She looks more like her voice actor now actually

That seems to be their goal as Drake looks alot like his voice actor while in the Gi shots atleast, Elena wasn't really at that point.

Yoboman

SolidSnakex said:
That seems to be their goal as Drake looks alot like his voice actor while in the Gi shots atleast, Elena wasn't really at that point.
Her lips are definitely fuller and her face rounder than before

mr_nothin said:
:O

Just wondering..are you thinking about Jak X?

no there was far too much vehicle combat and missions in Jak 3... plus the story was alot more boring and useless....to me Jak2 was infinitely better...jak 3 was an expansion...it was also alot easier...except for those wipeout crap missions damnit

peace

jmd494

Forsete said:
Uncharted, game set and match so far for this generations graphics.

Really? You really think so? Maybe I'm missing some gorgeous new shots...On what shots are you basing this opinion? Not the two fake face shots, right?

(I REALLY hope you're right b/c this game looks REALLY FREAKING COOL :D)

gbovo

This quote...
I told him I really needed to see what they were working on before I could make any further decisions. So he told me to come in the following day in order to show me everything.So the next day I went back and Evan and Bob proceeded to show me everything they had. And I must say, I was truly blown away. The technology and plans they had would remove restrictions that hinder other game studios. I had a feeling it would be something special.After thinking over the offer for a few days, I came to the decision that nothing else even came close to Naughty Dog. I’ve been there for just over a year now and it’s been an amazing experience.
...makes my loins water in anticipation.

Ceb

If they could make the eyebrows stand out more and make the eyes less "dry", the difference truly would be minimal.

Top Bottom