• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

Aisenherz

Banned
Dooshbag said:
Seriously, I can't understand all the hype behind this game. I don't see what differentiates it from being Tomb Raider with a dude (Dude Raider).
It has nothing to do with Tomb Rider

Raist

Banned
[CFD] El Capitan said:
We are all excited to see what they can do.

I approve your fix, Sir.

btw is this EGM issue really available on the zinio thing ? Been spending a while searching but can't find it <_<

deepbrown

JB1981 said:
so you've played it then?

You've watched the trailer have you not and read the report from ND saying it was in game animation. You've also read the interviews about the animation in the game? All the animation seen is ingame, that screenshot of the truck going through the forest is not artwork, that is also ingame.

JB1981

deepbrown said:
You've watched the trailer have you not and read the report from ND saying it was in game animation. You've also read the interviews about the animation in the game? All the animation seen is ingame, that screenshot of the truck going through the forest is not artwork, that is also ingame.
I still think the target render (trailer) is a big step up from what we're seeing today. I have a hard time believing the game animates as smoothly as that video. If it does, then I will be one happy camper. I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic for the time being, though.

Don't think this has been posted yet:

*edited* Oops nm :p

EGM has some new screens on Uncharted, also Heavenly Sword and Eye of Judgment

The lightning in that water level is amazing!

deepbrown

JB1981 said:
I still think the target render (trailer) is a big step up from what we're seeing today. I have a hard time believing the game animates as smoothly as that video. If it does, then I will be one happy camper. I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic for the time being, though.

Well that's wise. Then you'll be even more blown away when it comes out :)

That wasn't a target render, and the main difference between that video and what we're seeing today is that its far more stylized now. But its not like the texture or Drakes model have been downgraded.

As far as the animation goes, everything GI described made it sound like the animation wasn't any different from the trailer (they got to play it). Especially the sequence with Drake running awhile dodging bullets and reloading his guns. It sounds like something you'd see in cutscenes but its how the game plays.

JB1981

SolidSnakex said:
That wasn't a target render, and the main difference between that video and what we're seeing today is that its far more stylized now. But its not like the texture or Drakes model have been downgraded.

As far as the animation goes, everything GI described made it sound like the animation wasn't any different from the trailer (they got to play it). Especially the sequence with Drake running awhile dodging bullets and reloading his guns. It sounds like something you'd see in cutscenes but its how the game plays.
The screens we're getting today look nowhere near as good as that trailer, imo, particularly the shader work on Larry Croft's skin, shirt, jeans, etc. The global lighting was also a lot more impressive in that "trailer." I'm a big Sony fan, SolideSnake. I just don't see what you guys are seeing. The game doesn't look like it once did.

Dizzan

MINI Member
This (besides pro evo 7) is my most anticipated game of 2007.

I am sure the gameplay, animation and story will be great but the screens man.... Some look fantastic then some look like ASS...... I understand the scans are low quality but I can see a lot of low res textures in there....

luca_29_bg

Aisenherz said:
It has nothing to do with Tomb Rider

I really hope that this scans come from the same build seen in the last game informer (very old )because some things like tube in the submarine looks like a ps2 game :(

JB1981 said:
The screens we're getting today look nowhere near as good as that trailer, imo, particularly the shader work on Larry Croft's skin, shirt, jeans, etc. The global lighting was also a lot more impressive in that "trailer." I'm a big Sony fan, SolideSnake. I just don't see what you guys are seeing. The game doesn't look like it once did.

E3
naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060526040208405.jpg

Now
62rirys.jpg

E3
naughty-dog-ps3-project-untitled-20060510112119634.jpg

Now
4mkh55l.jpg

I'm just not seeing the big difference you're seeing. They don't look much different aside from the new style they've given the game.

Ceb

Doom_Bringer said:
Not allowed. There are also new shots of Heavenly Sword. And guess what? The game just got BLOOD!

At least two of those HS pics are several months old.

Uncharted looks great.

I don't know to me the new screens look better than the E3 ones. More detail on his clothes face and hands plus better lighting. I'm with JB1981 about animation though. It looks too good to be true and I can't imagine how -for example- the punching animation could work in the game. I mean it does looks phenomenal and all but could it really work well with controls?

SolidSnakex said:
I'm just not seeing the big difference you're seeing. They don't look much different aside from the new style they've given the game.

If anything the character's skin looks more opaque in the original trailer than the recent pics we've seen, so I'm not sure where the so-called "shader downgrade" is there. The overall lighting looks better than ever IMO. But whatever, the game needs to be seen in motion to appreciate it (lighting, shadow, shader fx, animation etc). The same held true for the "target render" as well.

Raist said:
ssshhhh, you may summon who you know

Don't imply its existance you might awaken it. Actually don't even think about it. Kittonwy's mistake was fatal so the let's just pretend he didn't say what he did.

I'm scared.

fortified_concept said:
I don't know to me the new screens look better than the E3 ones. More detail on his clothes face and hands plus better lighting. I'm with JB1981 about animation though. It looks too good to be true and I can't imagine how -for example- the punching animation could work in the game. I mean it does looks phenomenal and all but could it really work well with controls?

I think it'll work because all characters will animate like that. And as a result that'll mean all the characters will have similar disadvantages, so if another character throws a big punch like Drake does and throws himself off balance, then you'll have a chance to counter that just as they would if you did the same. If you watch the trailer when Drake punches the guy it causes the enemy to recoil backwards (and spins him around) opening him up for another attack. So there are advantages to it just as there are disadvantages.

I thought I remember something about ND reaching 90% of shader capacity in it's current build in relative relation to reaching the original trailer's benchmarks.

SolidSnakex said:
Show us a quote where ND confirms the game was downgraded.

You were away. This happened when they released the 3D shot to GI. Basically several people include Snoopers attended a Naughty Dog event in France and the developer talked about the game. A lot of technical things were discussed in the event including the fact that ND is sharing engine With Guerilla, Sucker Punch and other SCEWWS.

They basically said they downgraded the shaders because RSX was downclocked by 50MHz

SolidSnakex said:
If that's considered downgraded then I don't see a problem with it.

I agree the game is looking really good so far and it will only improve until it's release in Winter.

Naughty Dog already made the best engines on PS2, so I don't understand why anyone would doubt them. And you got multiple developers praising them include Game Newell and Nano from Ninja Theory.

Greg

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Yeah, pretty much.

It's aiming for the stars, but hitting the moon instead kind of thing.
Which star?
Which moon?

These things are important, you know? :lol

Thoren

Banned
Looks good, hopefully they fix up some of those flat textures before its finished.

Can someone link me to the trailer?

I truly think the game looks better than the E3 trailer the shots just come alive and have much more gritty look to them.

Like SSnake said if thats downgraded damn im all for it.

To me its the best looking game I have seen yet especially if it hits the animation which it looks like its going to.

Im just so excited to be playing a adventure game with such great locations. I am so over all the sci fi stuff im ready for something I can just get into to.

I just anticipating it because I loved Jak 3. I thought it was an incredible game and Amy Hennings is a great producer. I so glad she is working on this game.

and yea the Pacific settings look awesome!! I can't wait for ND to show of the Pacific level. It's going to be beautiful

The developers look fine, they aren't he best but they look good anyway. Different devs choose different thigns to focus on graphically, i'm just glad ND has chosen animation as you'll find many devs who just focus on really nice looks textures and have animation that hurts your eyes.

Dizzan

MINI Member
This game has turned me on since day one and I just keep getting hornier and hornier for it.

I honestly believe, in a HUGE year of game releases, this will blow a face full of c*m all over MGS4, Halo3 and GTAIV to win GOTY.

Dizzan said:
This game has turned me on since day one and I just keep getting hornier and hornier for it.

I honestly believe, in a HUGE year of game releases, this will blow a face full of c*m all over MGS4, Halo3 and GTAIV to win GOTY.

ahhh thats a good line

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
E3 build looked better.

More realistic lighting, more realistic fog (why the heck is it blue now?), foliage looked better, color palette was better and more realistic, and the character was shaded more properly (could be linked to the better lighting). Plus it appears that the texture resolution was better back then too.

Oh well, I want to see this thing in motion, it better move as well as it did back then, it's the first game that is supposed to show us "real" next-gen animations like those we are to expect from FFXIII, White Knight Story, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and quite frankly what I would expect from MGS4 (unlikely, sadly).

Ether_Snake said:
E3 build looked better.

More realistic lighting, more realistic fog (why the heck is it blue now?), foliage looked better, color palette was better and more realistic, and the character was shaded more properly (could be linked to the better lighting). Plus it appears that the texture resolution was better back then too.

It was an early build. Don't be so negative.

deepbrown

Ether_Snake said:
E3 build looked better.

you serious? There has been no downgrade, there has been an upgrade.

balance-behind%20copy--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

Top Bottom