• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hukasmokincaterpillar said:
Actually that's kinda spot on with what Hennig talked about in the GI interview, striving to create a believable and endearing character to interact with. She felt very few games have been able to bridge an emotional connection to the player, and the handful she could personally cite had one thing in common, NPC's you collaborated with and became attached to on some level. Ueda's Yorda and Argo, Alex in HL2, even the squad in GeoW in a sense. I thought that was a pretty keen observation.
I went back, and read that part of the interview, and yeah, that's really it, just what I was hoping to hear. I'm actually pretty sure I read all that first time, but I must have forgotten that I've read it.

Kittonwy said:
She directed Jak 3, no?
I'm pretty sure she did, but I also clearly remember and interview with her where she all but outright said that she either came in too late to put much of a stamp, or because of some other reason was just an OK-person for that game (as in she just OK-ed almost everything that came to her desk, as she assumed the rest of the team knew a lot more about the J&D franchise than she did)

n0b said:
None of the devs you mention use Euphoria.
You don't have to use that particular engine to have the same kind of result. The little game I linked to above definitely uses something custom made, but it's doing that same basic thing.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm always losing at the sumo game, what gives?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ether_Snake said:
I'm always losing at the sumo game, what gives?
You have to push the other guy to fall down, but also make sure that you don't fall down before he hits the ground. Usually you can't just run full force at him and push, because that way you fall down sooner than he does.

Make sure to try the hidden part, it's more fun than the main game!

Marconelly said:
You have to push the other guy to fall down, but also make sure that you don't fall down before he hits the ground. Usually you can't just run full force at him and push, because that way you fall down sooner than he does.

Make sure to try the hidden part, it's more fun than the main game!
I found it :D
Goofing off in the menu pays off after all:)

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young are a pretty bad ass group together :p

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
On the main menu screen you have to throw the cubes so that they go between the columns on the right side and hit the barricade behind. You have to hit and break the 2nd barricade from the right. Just keep breaking all of them on the right side, you'll hit the right one eventually.

This months EGM has the first shots of the Nazi Submarine level and let me just say O.M.G.!

Really good looking water! Nice lighting and those shots just scream "Awesome atmosphere"

Also there is a shot of Nathan swimming inside a semi flooded compartment of the U-boat and you can see the water ripples move.

There is also a giant shot of pirates searching the site where Nathan's plane crashes. He is looking at them from a distance. The front part of the plane is lodged in a giant tree and one of the pirates is using a rope and climbing up to it, while 3 look on.

Forsete

Why the HELLZ are they not releasing these pics on the net? THE NET IS WHERE YOU HYPE YOUR GAME! Not in some shoddy american-only mag. /emo

Forsete said:
Why the HELLZ are they not releasing these pics on the net? THE NET IS WHERE YOU HYPE YOUR GAME! Not in some shoddy american-only mag. /emo

BTW the Water got upgraded!! It looks way ****ing better than what we saw in that shitty 3d screen shot.

I don't think this is some alpha build. BTW the submarine >>>>>>>>> the jungle level. Also the fire looks really good!

Kangu

Banned
Forsete said:

Yeah. What's the circulation for one of these shitty magazines? 1 million people, tops? Am I to believe that less than 1 million people would view these screenshots if they were released on the net?

Info

Nathan is a treasure hunter for hire.
He is more of a zero than hero - stumbling, being afraid, getting out of breath and getting dirty. - Amy Henning
"When he punches, he'll throw himself off balance. He'll be scrrambling for cover and firing blind."
"Oh, I fell on my face and I'm a clumsy guy." "No' it's the fact that when I'm being fired upon, my face should reflect it."

basically the guy you play as is a n00b

"Uncharted will feature elements of Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider and Gears of War - obviously with their own twist"

CEO says "we are not just Gears of War, where you are shooting all the time. We
re making it so you can climb up buildings and get higher angles on people, and jump accross gaps, pull your gun out immediately and shoot the guy on the other side."

It mentions that they're planning alot of different features for the trophy room for HOME in Uncharted. And yes, its pretty much the best looking game i've seen.

Insane Metal said:
D_B, you better get those scans for us :D

Oh, it´s not allowed is it ?

Not allowed. There are also new shots of Heavenly Sword. And guess what? The game just got BLOOD!

There is a giant shot of Nariko taking on a squad of baddies with their ivory laden vehicle in the background. One of the soldiers is seen flying in behind Nariko with blood raining from where Nariko dispatched him! :D

You can also see a cut on Nariko's leg and blood on right side of her dress. There is also a small shot of her fighting in a jungle and one where there are tons of baddies in the background (dead and alive) while she is about to chop one up.

It might be me but it looks like Lair's fire effect got upgraded (tiny shot though)

Kangu

Banned
Game looks incredible. I wish we'd get some proper screenshots though. This magazine exclusive crap has got to stop.

Kangu said:
Game looks incredible. I wish we'd get some proper screenshots though. This magazine exclusive crap has got to stop.

Agreed. But goddamn atmosphere and graphics! The sub section reminds me of Deep Blue Sea.

Man this game is going to be incredible. BTW the trees in the large jungle shot look kinda bad. Some individual leaves in the foreground are great but the tree tops in the background look n64'ish. Wonder why ND didn't use speed tree?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
SolidSnakex said:
That their goal with Snake is not to make him look realistic but to make him move as realistically as possible. And that their focus graphically was on the animation side of things moreso than anything else.

And with that MGS4 is wrestling with the four other animation-focused games fighting for top spot on my list.

Pimpwerx

Doom_Bringer said:
Not allowed. There are also new shots of Heavenly Sword. And guess what? The game just got BLOOD!

There is a giant shot of Nariko taking on a squad of baddies with their ivory laden vehicle in the background. One of the soldiers is seen flying in behind Nariko with blood raining from where Nariko dispatched him! :D

You can also see a cut on Nariko's leg and blood on right side of her dress. There is also a small shot of her fighting in a jungle and one where there are tons of baddies in the background (dead and alive) while she is about to chop one up.

It might be me but it looks like Lair's fire effect got upgraded (tiny shot though)
Not sure she has a cut on her leg. Seems like it's the "blood spatter" or whatever that stuff is flying through the air. I'm not convinced though, since other shots lack it. We'll see. PEACE.

Seriously they need to switch to Speed tree! goddamn giant trees look awful

can't wait to see the pacific island. That's going to be really beautiful

RC Cola

MirageDwarf said:
Did u get May issue? I have Zinio installed and I checked for new publications. It is not showing me any issue available to download.
Make sure you click on the link for the latest issue (right here: http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=1058-918Xd&of=PI1&bd=1&rf=eb_2005), sign in at the login screen (assuming you already have an account), and then follow the directions given. If you did all that, you should get the issue whenever you check for new publications. Otherwise, you won't get any new issues.

You have to sign in for every new issue.

uncharted looks great although, egm picked a rather bizare shot in that one with the plane though, worst looking shot Ive seen of the game. Actually all the screens in the ps3 games have a shiny bluriness...bah, doesn't do any favours, they look alot better in the mag

Endwar looks crazy for a strategy game...god damn

peace

it's not a bad shot, it's just that those trees look bad. I am sure it will improve though or maybe it looks better in motion. Remember everything in the game sways and casts shadows? I think soft shadows! Right?

Jim

Some AWESOME God of War: Chains of Olympus pics in that issue also. EndWar, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword as well.

RC Cola said:
Make sure you click on the link for the latest issue (right here: http://www.zinio.com/delivery?issn=1058-918Xd&of=PI1&bd=1&rf=eb_2005), sign in at the login screen (assuming you already have an account), and then follow the directions given. If you did all that, you should get the issue whenever you check for new publications. Otherwise, you won't get any new issues.

You have to sign in for every new issue.
That worked. Thanks. Didn't know that I have to click that link and sign in for new issue each month.

ELS-01X

Banned
It looks good, but not amazing or anything. Too much bloom and poor detail.

The submarine shots are OK, it's not like they're that detailed or anything, it's just a good use of moody lighting.

Jim

ELS-01X said:
It looks good, but not amazing or anything. Too much bloom and poor detail.

The submarine shots are OK, it's not like they're that detailed or anything, it's just a good use of moody lighting.

Any mention of a comparison to LAIR in this thread...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Jim said:
Some AWESOME God of War: Chains of Olympus pics in that issue also. EndWar, Uncharted and Heavenly Sword as well.

Hey Jim, being that this is now public data can we post the screenshots?

xaosslug

every time I see a new shot of Uncharted or HS, I find myself wondering if it's artwork for a sec. So pretty.

oh, and are those the first shots of GoW PSP in EGM as well? I couldn't be bothered to read the text. Anyway, nice.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Doom_Bringer said:
that's why it's not in quotes.... I just summarized what they were trying to say
I realize that. It's still a poor summary. He's not a n00b, he's just not infallible or invincible.

Mmmkay

Jim said:
whatdog.gif
To be fair there is something rough looking about the large picture in the article, but then Zinio doesn't exactly do the best job of handling images anyway. Not sure I'd go quite to ELS's hyperbolic lengths, but that image doesn't seem nearly as good as the others.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
SolidSnakex said:
Uncharted, Assassians, White Knight Story and Heavenly Sword?

Yeah. And maybe a few more... I'm kind of drawing a blank atm on those though... I'm at work and distracted.

You know, I'm really hoping a dev like Zipper picks up on what some of these other companies are doing and realizes how a robust, Uncharted-like animation system could improve a game like Socom.

They could basically just take the Socom II framework and completely focus on player animation and interaction with the environment... and the game would be perfect. 1,000's of animations and context sensitive stuff would keep game play fresh, even after the thousandth time you rescue the hostages in Desert Glory.

But I digress...

Top Bottom