• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

Elios83

I love these:

213298453620070423101113.jpg

186560688720070423100903.jpg

But the girl is seriously unattractive :lol :lol Naughty Dog should change her face a bit :D :D

Station42

I don't like it, i really don't like how it looks...you know, I'm not hearing any voice telling me: "Buy me Bonestorm or go to hell!"

VonGak

Banned
Station42 said:
I don't like it, i really don't like how it looks...you know, I'm not hearing any voice telling me: "Buy me Bonestorm or go to hell!"

So true, this game really lack something... like this:

xbox_360_logo_qjgenth.jpg

Would be nice with some valid hating, something people could actually elaborate on and reason with. :)

mabuza

Banned
VonGak said:
So true, this game really lack something... like this:

xbox_360_logo_qjgenth.jpg

Would be nice with some valid hating, something people could actually elaborate on and reason with. :)
he's got a ps3

Im really hyped for this...but they need to release some vids...its about time. My hypes not increasing to I again see it in action. This goes for many ps3 games....Show us the goods!

FightyF

Banned
Looks great!

But I really can't wait until we see this game in motion, I have a feeling that the physics and animations is what will distinguish this game. You see hints of it in these screens.

VonGak

Banned
Apart from the highly detailed textures, HDR, top notch shadows, folding clothes and so on what really caught my eyes is the way Naughty Dog hides polygon edges, they aren't as sharp/evident as in other games (no it's not just due to low quality scans :) ).

It's as if they are more round removing the feel of boxes with BUMP/normal-mapped textures glued to them.

Hagi23

The worst looking woman in a game in recent memory was the Gears of War broad this Uncharted chick looks like a supermodel in comparison. :lol

Orlics

VonGak said:
Okay so you are one of those who are turned on by blond hair. :lol

But it doesn't change that the facials features are the same. You know, those which people tend to copy over to Nathan's body to prove she looks like a guy.

The only difference is the nose which Naughty Dog has made look better, given her the nose of a super model.

I don't like blondes. I'm just saying the voice actress actually looks like a woman. If they intended the in-game female to look like her they are probably not finished.

Chrono

Banned
I want video. And new info. And a release date. Same with Heavenly Sword. DAMN YOU SONY.

Kojima too, you bastard. Half a dozen trailers for MGS4 already and suddenly nothing for over six months. I can't wait until july. I can't. *jumps out window*

Steroyd

Hagi23 said:
The worse looking woman in a game in recent memory was the Gears of War broad this Uncharted chick looks like a supermodel in comparison. :lol

Holy crap I'm going to need pics or I'll be haunted with a baldy space marine chick image in my head. :lol

VonGak

Banned
Orlics said:
I don't like blondes. I'm just saying the voice actress actually looks like a woman. If they intended the in-game female to look like her they are probably not finished.

Then you need to point out the differences because the facial features, proportions and expressions are the same as her.

The only difference is the voice actor's small potatoe nose.

Chrono said:
I want video. And new info. And a release date. Same with Heavenly Sword. DAMN YOU SONY.

Kojima too, you bastard. Half a dozen trailers for MGS4 already and suddenly nothing for over six months. I can't wait until july. I can't. *jumps out window*

Not Kojima's fault that the E3 date has been pushed.

At least he has given us more info about MGS4 than we have gotten about any other upcoming high profile title.

Haunted

drohne said:
if you asked me in the abstract whether i'd like to see more realistic, less sexualized, less embarrassing portrayals of women in videogames, i'm sure i'd say 'yes.' but good lord, that woman's too ugly to be in a videogame. personal ugliness occurs in life, but i don't know why you'd go and build such an ugly person.
so basically, you're a hypocrite. :p

I just hope she's not too stereotypical. Ah, who am I kidding - the boyish looking females are usually strong (read: tough and/or cheeky) characters, so she will probably be the same. If there's one bad thing about the relation between Hollywood and the games industry, it's that our industry seems to take their stereotypical characters and puts them into games.

The graphics look great, but I want to see some videos of it. :(

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Chrono said:

How many chances has Kojima had for MGS4 demonstrations lately? Not many, that's for certain. Really, though, I'd imagine the whole team has been focusing hardcore on finishing the game rather than demonstrations. As with MGS3 (which also disappeared for a while), I'm sure it will resurface soon enough with loads of new information.

VonGak

Banned
AAK said:
Naughty Dog should officially release .gifs of some of the game's animations ASAP.
No way.

You know how many who would yell downgade if they saw 256 colour GIFs or a low res video encoded at a low bit rate.

AAK said:
Naughty Dog should officially release .gifs of some of the game's animations ASAP.

Going by what GI said, you can look at the E3 trailer to see how the game animates. They got to play the game and made it sound like the game doesn't animate much differently from that.

ram

nelsonroyale said:
Im really hyped for this...but they need to release some vids...its about time. My hypes not increasing to I again see it in action. This goes for many ps3 games....Show us the goods!

i`ll agree, show us some damn ingame vids!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
She doesn't look like (a bit younger) Helen Hunt to anyone else? I dunno, I could *swear* that's who she was modeled after, looking at this picture alone:

95196195220070423100902.jpg

Looks a lot more like her than she looks like the voice actress pictured, if anything because the way the eyes curve down when she smiles. She looks tomboyish, of course, but I think it's just the way they made her hair short and styled that way.

AAK said:
You tell me which looks more impressive:

]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5264/rtrtrtcz8.jpg[/IMG]

]http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/mcbain_1st/cellowned.gif[/IMG]

dude leave that shit out!! They are two different games, with very different scales.

The game looks ****ing amazing as always but I gotta to agree with the rest, the female character looks fugly and they should apologize to the actress.

Btw I don't see ELS-01 in the thread and I'm starting to worry. Did something serious happen to him?

pswii60

Marconelly said:
She doesn't look like (a bit younger) Helen Hunt to anyone else? I dunno, I could *swear* that's who she was modeled after, looking at this picture alone:

95196195220070423100902.jpg

Looks a lot more like her than she looks like the voice actress pictured, if anything because the way the eyes curve down when she smiles. She looks tomboyish, of course, but I think it's just the way they made her hair short and styled that way.

Well, she looks different to the norm for videogame females. And I think they've tried to make her look a tad rough-and-ready, as she's exploring the jungles after all. I think I'll reserve judgement until we've seen her in motion ;)

LinkAMN said:
You know, I wonder if she's British? That might explain it a bit.

:lol

Why, because she's not a fat McDonalds-obsessive?

Oh sh... I just dropped to his level. And besides, our Brit women are getting fatter by the day

CurlySaysX said:
The main character doesn't look menacing enough.
Naughty dog should give him an eye patch, a scar and a mullet.

He is suppose to be a ordinary researcher looking for a lost treasure.

fortified_concept said:
Btw I don't see ELS-01 in the thread and I'm starting to worry. Did something serious happen to him?

too early in the morning! It's 9:30 AM EST now, he should be coming in soon

Nebur

Some info from the Spanish magazine:

- The Caribbean jungle we've seen is just the first place we'll visit. Nathan and Ellen are looking for Sir Francis Drake's coffin since it is believed there's a map inside.

- Next stages: a WWII Nazi submarine and a Pacific Ocean island, where there's a plot twist.

- "The storyline is intended to be the most elaborate one ever". We'll see about that *coughMGS4cough*.

- Enemies know what they're doing to hunt Nathan down. They'll follow his footprints and they'll coordinate to attack him. If Nathan needs to run away, he will be able to take advantage of the environment to do so. There will be platforming gameplay elements.

- Contextual actions: if Nathan encounters a big rock, he'll be able to climb it automatically instead of having to keep running or being stuck around there. Expect these actions to be useful in pursuits and runaways.

- 3000 animations have been created for Nathan, in contrast with 200 for Naughty Dog's Jak from Jak & Daxter.

- You can shoot while you're running. Melee fighting to be as important as shooting.

"- Next stages: a WWII Nazi submarine and a Pacific Ocean island, where there's a plot twist."

Now that's new info.

"- Enemies know what they're doing to hunt Nathan down. They'll follow his footprints and they'll coordinate to attack him. If Nathan needs to run away, he will be able to take advantage of the environment to do so. There will be platforming gameplay elements."

If they can really pull that off it'll be awesome.

pswii60

Nebur said:
Some info from the Spanish magazine:

Wow, loving the idea of completely different environments and an elaborate storyline.

Sounds like a major big budget action adventure movie! :)

Anzu

Banned
Best looking game so far, I really can't wait for this, and I'm not the tomb raider type of player. This just looks exceptional.

BUT! Can someone PLEASE PLEASE post the gif of Jim Carrey in that throwing up motion alongside the woman from this game? :lol I'd be in stitches.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
nelsonroyale said:

And this is the reason why Sony has a 3 to 1 tie ratio with the PS3 instead of a 4 or 4.5 to 1 tie ratio.

They don't show enough material in motion before the game is released. SHOW THE GOODS!!! ****!!! I love the way the game looks, but I need to see it mooooove.

Tieno

mckmas8808 said:
And this is the reason why Sony has a 3 to 1 tie ratio with the PS3 instead of a 4 or 4.5 to 1 tie ratio.

They don't show enough material in motion before the game is released. SHOW THE GOODS!!! ****!!! I love the way the game looks, but I need to see it mooooove.
I was kind of hopeful a few weeks ago when Phil said they had changed their attitude (it doesn't need to be finished/perfect to show it) but so far not much has changed.

They aren't just going to show something like Uncharted just out of nowhere. Their gamers day is next month and that's when it'll come out if they're going to show it anytime soon.

ChryZ

So the main characters name is Nathan, eh? The main characters' name of Resistance is Nathan Hale.

What's up with all those Nathans? :lol

mckmas8808 said:

showing early builds leads to bad word of mouth. Were you around when they released those hidious shots of MotorStorm? I mean they got so much flak for that and the actual game looks 10X better.

With Uncharted they might not want to show it because it might be running at a bad frame rate, there might be a lot of glitches in the background, all the 3000 animations might not be in place yet....

showing early builds is suicide IMO

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
showing early builds leads to bad word of mouth. Were you around when they released those hidious shots of MotorStorm? I mean they got so much flak for that and the actual game looks 10X better.

With Uncharted they might not want to show it because it might be running at a bad frame rate, there might be a lot of glitches in the background, all the 3000 animations might not be in place yet....

showing early builds is suicide IMO

I liked seeing the Motorstorm footage from that early GDC. I understood that it was early and gave it a chance.

But like SSX said they will probably show it next month at Gamer's Day.

Top Bottom