• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Uncharted Drake Fortune PS3 Game Scans

Wollan said:
Is Gamers Day actually happening? So far I've only seen it discussed on forums without links or proof.

It's confirmed

WN: Give examples of what I might be able to do. Take the soccer ball. What could I do to the soccer ball to change the way it reacts?

PH: We are going to take a deeper dive on Little Big Planet probably in May, on the next Gamers' Day.

Ceb

ChryZ said:
So the main characters name is Nathan, eh? The main characters' name of Resistance is Nathan Hale.

What's up with all those Nathans? :lol

And there's a Sergeant(?) Drake in Resistance. :D

What could the plot twist be? Aliens? Drake's mentor betraying him? Drake getting hubris and becoming the bad guy, leaving you to play as the chick for the remainder of the game?

Baryn

Banned
The voice actress is pretty. The in-game model is homely. But maybe this is what more games need to attract female players. I know I roll my eyes at the Gears of War cast.

Yeah I guess it's probably something scifi or paranormal. I am guessing ghosts like you saw in the pirates of the caribbean

Old man drake will probably come back from the dead

Wollan

That's great, May just become twice as interesting now.

Regarding the girl, I got the opposite impression. Some of you think she is this though tom boy like gal but I get more of a impression that she's more like a nature lover kinda person who like trips and whatnot. She seems pretty innocent and you see her looking out the window kinda excited. Also, there's the Game Informer cover where she's helped by Nathan which seems pretty confident. He has to go all John McClane to keep them both alive.

Twix

Nebur said:
Some info from the Spanish magazine:

ِNiiiice !

last night I had a nightmare about this game ,it looked surprisingly horrible ( more like a PS2 game with robotic animations :lol ) I’m obsessed with it, definitely my most wanted game for this year alongside MGS4...ND please make it the greatest game EVER !

gogogow

Doom_Bringer said:
yes Winter 2007
Alright, these games can't come soon enough, cuz I really don't know how long Resistance online is gonna keep me interested.
Already getting bored by Motorstorm.

AAK

gogogow said:
Alright, these games can't come soon enough, cuz I really don't know how long Resistance online is gonna keep me interested.

Oblivion or VF5?

Anzu

Banned
gogogow said:

The Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo (4 days to go) should keep you busy until Lair and NGS itself come out around June.

Seems like this winter is going to drain our bank accounts. Not only for PS3 owners but for 360 too.

Suddenly prostitution seems viable.

the animation in this game is @%@^@^%!$!# awesome

a6bd2493bc.gif
0135eafe4b.gif

08cd36e4a0.gif
a1d25c0735.gif

wish someone could make some Jak 3 gifs

gogogow

AAK said:
Oblivion or VF5?
I have Oblivion for the PC and I'm not really into fighting games anymore.

I will download the NGS demo, ofcourse, but I'm not gonna buy it at fullprice, I already have NGB for the Xbox.

And yeah, Lair, have to wait for the reviews. It's not gonna be an automatic purchase.

I hope MGS4 will make it (for Europe) this year. Please Kojima, don't give us march-may 2008 crap.........

Dizzan

MINI Member
Anzu said:
The Ninja Gaiden Sigma demo (4 days to go) should keep you busy until Lair and NGS itself come out around June.

Seems like this winter is going to drain our bank accounts. Not only for PS3 owners but for 360 too.

Suddenly prostitution seems viable.

A one level demo will hardly keep anybody busy for a month.

Fortunately for me I have exams and my girls 21st birthday to organise. Won't be buying any games til Lair and NGS

DB Those gifs are hot. Lets hope those animations hold up when we see the latest build

radeonxt

this spanish magazine sucks a lot!!

They still believe that killzone 2 renders are still the final product, & DMC 4 is still exclusive to ps3...

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Doom_Bringer said:
Yeah I guess it's probably something scifi or paranormal. I am guess ghosts like you saw in the pirates of the caribbean

Old man drake will probably come back from the dead

That's actually not a bad idea D_B.

JB1981

While I'm sure this game is going to be incredible, I still have a hard time believing it animates like the target trailer. It'd be amazing if it did, though.

mckmas8808 said:
That's actually not a bad idea D_B.

yup, this will probably be a trilogy encompassing three games and they can't have some generic pirate group chasing Nathan throughout the three games.

We already know the game takes place near Bermuda triangle so it's pretty obvious....

JB1981 said:
I still have a hard time believing it animates like the target trailer. It'd be amazing if it did, though.

Have you played Jak 3?? The animation in that game is pretty amazing for a PS2 game. They already explained how they are going to merge different animations with the SPU's to make the overall game animation very smooth. Plus Game Informer also said the early build animates like the old target trailer

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
JB1981 said:
While I'm sure this game is going to be incredible, I still have a hard time believing it animates like the target trailer. It'd be amazing if it did, though.

Well the GI magazine guys say that it animates basically the same so....

From GI on the animation system

With such a wealth of movements available, the team is aiming for the illusion that the character never repeats himself. That's because among the hundreds of unique animations, many of them are layered on top of each other. This impressive animation technique farms much of the moment to moment combinations out to the PS3's SPU's, allowing drake to display any number of poses, emotions and movements all at once. For instance, picture the main character sprinting across a wide open clearing to reach cover. His running is combined with frantic ducking and weaving as bullets fly frmo a nearby cliff face. He's been running for a long time, so his frame is visibly shaking from hard breathing. Simultaneously, he's desperately reloading his rifle so he can fire back.

+100 to ND being one of the few next gen devs that gets it.

awesome! I still haven't read the preivew :p

It's also nice to know the gameplay will be diverse! You can ride jeeps, shoot from mounted guns (on rails stuff), ride jet skis, climb giant canyons and probably swim as well

Mononofu

Wollan said:
That's great, May just become twice as interesting now.

Regarding the girl, I got the opposite impression. Some of you think she is this though tom boy like gal but I get more of a impression that she's more like a nature lover kinda person who like trips and whatnot. She seems pretty innocent and you see her looking out the window kinda excited. Also, there's the Game Informer cover where she's helped by Nathan which seems pretty confident. He has to go all John McClane to keep them both alive.

QFT

Ellen is not as beautiful as her voice actress but why can't a guy be physically attracted to a woman like that? Some of you guys are pathetic. *Cough*LinkAMN*Cough*

Twix

With such a wealth of movements available, the team is aiming for the illusion that the character never repeats himself. That's because among the hundreds of unique animations, many of them are layered on top of each other. This impressive animation technique farms much of the moment to moment combinations out to the PS3's SPU's, allowing drake to display any number of poses, emotions and movements all at once. For instance, picture the main character sprinting across a wide open clearing to reach cover. His running is combined with frantic ducking and weaving as bullets fly frmo a nearby cliff face. He's been running for a long time, so his frame is visibly shaking from hard breathing. Simultaneously, he's desperately reloading his rifle so he can fire back.

that really sounds like true next gen..not just a shallow graphics upgrade.

Madman

Tieno said:
I was kind of hopeful a few weeks ago when Phil said they had changed their attitude (it doesn't need to be finished/perfect to show it) but so far not much has changed.

I think it was more like he wants to change that attitude, not that it is going to change right away.

Anyways, the game looks great. The animation sounds like it's going to make the game. I assume the female character is intended to look like nothing special. Nothing wrong with that. Very interesting concepts in the game. If the enemies hunt you down, does that mean that you will have to travel by river or stream in order not to leave any tracks? The game sounds very interesting, and I hope more of it is shown off soon.

Link Man

Banned
pswii60 said:
Well, she looks different to the norm for videogame females. And I think they've tried to make her look a tad rough-and-ready, as she's exploring the jungles after all. I think I'll reserve judgement until we've seen her in motion ;)

Why, because she's not a fat McDonalds-obsessive?

Oh sh... I just dropped to his level. And besides, our Brit women are getting fatter by the day

Oh, I was just going by the jaw. And I was joking anyway.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mononofu said:
QFT

Ellen is not as beautiful as her voice actress but why can't a guy be physically attracted to a woman like that? Some of you guys are pathetic. *Cough*LinkAMN*Cough*
I have a feeling ND guys will do their damnedest to make sure she's the character we'll grow to like for many reasons other than her looks alone, and how that's precisely why they went this way instead of making her stereotypically pretty.

Kinda the same how in Ico, Yorda is likable because of her vulnerability at first, and later on her strength, and not just because of her looks. They are probably going to try to explore that a lot more here, and I wouldn't doubt Amy Henning's had her hand in that. Well, at least I hope it will all pan out this way.

Hy_

Don't think every video game women needs to have mass sex appeal. Especially for this kind of game. The jungle is humid and dirty. If they had a chick all dolled up, she would be bitching about her mascara running all the time! So I think she fits fine with the setting.

Anzu

Banned
Marconelly said:
I have a feeling ND guys will do their damnedest to make sure she's the character we'll grow to like for many reasons other than her looks alone, and how that's precisely why they went this way instead of making her stereotypically pretty.

Would've been nice for a developer to base their ingame character's looks on the voice actor/actress. Would've worked perfectly well for this game.

Twix said:
that really sounds like true next gen..not just a shallow graphics upgrade.

It's why this will easily seperate itself from the majority of next gen games which pretty much are more polys, better texturing and better lighting. It's still amazing that very few next gen developers even seem to care about getting their game to animate like you'd expect a next gen game to animate.

VonGak

Banned
Madman said:
I assume the female character is intended to look like nothing special. Nothing wrong with that.
Well looking at the shots of Nathan, the pirates, the environment and previous ND games it's safe to say that their artists are so good that it isn't pure accident she looks the way she does.

Who knows, maybe our hero is the kind who prefer women for their personality (AKA closet Broadway lover).

Yoboman

95196195220070423100902.jpg

I thought he'd gained the dirtiest shirt ever due to roughing it in the jungle... Yet it's that dirty at the start :lol Assuming that's the beginning of the game

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
CurlySaysX said:
08cd36e4a0.gif

I wonder if they will use the motion sensing technology on the SIXAXIS to achieve this move. would be pretty cool if they did.

These are in-game shots? I had no idea this game was so far along.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
they look too happy in that shot...i suspect she dies/gets kidnapped somewhere down the line....

Madman

SolidSnakex said:
It's why this will easily seperate itself from the majority of next gen games which pretty much are more polys, better texturing and better lighting. It's still amazing that very few next gen developers even seem to care about getting their game to animate like you'd expect a next gen game to animate.

I wouldn't put this game as the only one. Heavenly Sword looks like it's going to animate great, and we still haven't seen Killzone. At first the Killzone animation seemed impossible. I could not say the same thing now. If Uncharted really animates like it's trailer, then it's entirely possible that Killzone could animate like it's trailer. Not sure that it will(they may not even be going for those types of animations in the first place), but it certaintly isn't impossible.

Ploid 3.0

SolidSnakex said:

I was just thinking about next gen Silent Hill and if it had animations like this that would be awesome. It would suppliment the creepy graphics but the more. Silent hill needs to get rid of it's stiff in game walking. Wish more next gen games did more than just improve the graphics.

Madman said:
I wouldn't put this game as the only one. Heavenly Sword looks like it's going to animate great, and we still haven't seen Killzone. At first the Killzone animation seemed impossible. I could not say the same thing now. If Uncharted really animates like it's trailer, then it's entirely possible that Killzone could animate like it's trailer. Not sure that it will(they may not even be going for those types of animations in the first place), but it certaintly isn't impossible.

I'm not suggesting its the only one. I'd say Uncharted, Ratchet, Heavenly Sword, Assassins, and LBP all animate like you'd expect an next gen game to. But that's it.

looks awesome as ever...

but guys... i can't believe you're all freaking out about the sidekick.

so only women you find visually attractive are allowed in a game?

i'm glad you guys aren't running things.

zoe from grindhouse was HOT

u_neek

Yoboman said:
I thought he'd gained the dirtiest shirt ever due to roughing it in the jungle... Yet it's that dirty at the start :lol Assuming that's the beginning of the game
Maybe it's from the ending? They're flying home to have
a cup of coffee.. They're obviously both gay

Top Bottom