• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EA to reveal a new Wii project on May 9th? + some Halo 3 related info

DreD

http://www.rumorreporter.com/?p=234

Two dates to remember for the upcoming two weeks. May 9th, I’ll be attending an exclusive EA event that will showcase some of their latest work. Including unknown games such as Tumble Bee, to games that’ll use the Wii microphone like Boogie. Expect lots of Sims coverage there too. I’ll be with AMN to help cover the event.

As for May 11th; let’s just call it the most jealous day for gamers this year. I’ll be able to see with my own eyes Halo 3 in action - the beta release that would be released for Xbox 360 owners a week later.

Both events will be showcased in San Francisco. No word yet if I’ll be able to leak anything early without breaking NDAs, but you knew that the coverage for Halo 3 would be evident. Let’s hope for some single-player revealings as well.

I do remember they were the first to claim Warhawk would become a PSN, multiplayer only game, so they're trustworthy as far as I'm concerned. By the sound of it, new EA games for other consoles could also be unveiled.

FoneBone

Reread the sentence; he doesn't say Tumble Bee is for Wii. I think it might be that Spielberg game... heck if I know, though.

DreD

FoneBone said:
Reread the sentence; he doesn't say Tumble Bee is for Wii. I think it might be that Spielberg game... heck if I know, though.

You're right. I gotta admit that would be a lot more interesting. :lol

EDIT: I changed the thread title (won't work on the main page though). Sorry for this confusion.

Krowley

Mrbob said:
Boogie? Tumble Bee?

Is this the future for exclusive third party support on Wii?

Who knows... Tumble Bee could be a survival horror game, or a manhunt style game.

I'm thinking it's probably an adventure game about a fat, drunken ballroom dancer with an affinity for zebra patterns but I think it's best to see the game before we make too many assumptions.

Isuppose It could be a a spelling game or something like that...

Lets hope not.

Desperado

Ronin said:
I saw the name Tumble Bee and immediatley thought of Buck Bumble. :-/
I hate that game.

Except for the multiplayer soccer minigame. And I would probably hate that too if I played it again.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Ronin said:
I saw the name Tumble Bee and immediatley thought of Buck Bumble. :-/

Right about now, it's time to get down, with the biggety Buck Bumble.

Actual lyric.

ethelred

The only EA project I'm potentially interested in for the Wii is the one being developed by Spielberg and Lou Castle... and that's only if it's a serious game befitting the guy's resume (which is primarily adventure games like Blade Dancer, RPGs like Lands of Lore, and RTSes like BFME2).

I dunno what this Tumble Bee is but it sure doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in!

zink120

Stop the speculation : EA Playground

http://wii.ign.com/articles/784/784856p1.html
ea-playground-20070501042446690.jpg

ea-playground-20070501042447409.jpg

ea-playground-20070501042452581.jpg

FrankT

Just saw this;

http://ds.ign.com/articles/784/784929p1.html

Exclusive: EA Playground

The development giant creates a ground-up Wii effort inspired by such titles as Wii Sports. We've got the first details and screens.

May 1, 2007 - Electronic Arts will later this week officially announce a brand new title for Nintendo's next-generation console. The game, tentatively titled EA Playground, is developed by EA Canada is set for a fall release on both Wii and DS. Each version will take advantage of the unique attributes of the systems to deliver players multiplayer-enhanced experiences inspired by such titles as Wii Sports. We recently chatted with EA Playground's executive producer, Dave McCarthy, to learn more. Here's what he had to say:

IGN Wii: What is EA Playground all about?

Dave McCarthy: EA Playground is all about capturing the sheer fun of being a kid. We've designed a dream playground full of interesting characters, cool collectables, and most importantly, a mix of easy to pick up and incredibly fun playground games. There are some classic favorites in there along with some new twists. It's all packaged together in a meaningful single player "campaign" to play your way through the schoolyard. In addition, there's also an approachable and fun multiplayer party experience that will appeal to all ages.

IGN Wii: Can you tell us about some of the games in EA Playground and how they utilize the Wii/NDS control schemes?

Dave McCarthy: When we started designing the game we had a ton of good ideas to choose from. After all, kids are incredibly creative when it comes to having fun in a playground setting. We put together our short list based on fun factor, approachability, multiplayer appeal, and the opportunity for control innovation. The cool thing is that we were left with a mix of games representing a range of genres, so there's always something different to try out in the playground.

Tetherball is just one of the games featured in the tentatively titled EA Playground. (Wii screenshot)On Wii, there's a mix of games that cover frantic actions mapped to gestures (e.g. throwing and dodging in Dodge Ball) and others that take advantage of navigating the entire world (e.g. RC Car Racing). While set in a similar universe, there are game types exclusive to the NDS version that use stylus mechanics (e.g. Bug Hunt) and even microphone input (e.g. Spit Balls). I won't get into all the games and mechanics quite yet, but I think it's safe to say you'll be entertained with the creative approaches our team has taken to playground games.

IGN Wii: What's the multiplayer mode like?

Dave McCarthy: I personally think that multiplayer parties are the ideal way to play EA Playground. Whether you do four-player local parties on the Wii or wireless sessions on the DS, you'll find that all games are multiplayer supported and that frantic simultaneous play is the order of the day. The games are all easy to pick up and play (e.g. remote-only on Wii), along with easy game entry, so it's the ideal game to crowd around with people of all ages. Just pick your games, specify your "rule set," choose a character, and track scores in your party session. You'll also find that as you progress through the single player "campaign" you'll unlock more games, characters, and environments to play with.

RC car racing is another of the minis in the Wii version of EA Playground. (Wii screenshot)IGN Wii: Does EA Playground revolve around a storyline?
Dave McCarthy: Given that we've designed EA Playground for kids of all ages, we wanted to offer a twist to the traditional single-player campaign experience that kids could easily relate to. When I was a kid, I obsessed over my sticker collection and I see that same fascination in my own kids today. So what we've done is populated the game with a wide selection of cool looking stickers you can collect based on playing various games, completing special dare challenges, and exploring areas of the playground world. You can customize the look of your sticker book as you triumph through single and multiplayer games, and show it off to all of your friends.

arab

this may not be the new game considering the rumor says it uses the mic for the Wii, playground mentions mic games as DS exclusive

EA Playground>Mass Effect
EA Playground>Lair
EA Playground>Crysis
EA Playground>Halo 3
EA Playground>GTA4
EA Playground>Final Fantasy XIII
EA Playground>Gears of War
EA Playground>Resident Evil 5
EA Playground>Metal Gear Solid 4
EA Playground>Spore

NUFF SAID!!!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Zerostatic said:
EA Playground>Lair
EA Playground>Crysis
EA Playground>Halo 3
EA Playground>GTA4
EA Playground>Spore

NUFF SAID!!!
4devt3r.gif

Zerostatic said:
Sadness == 2010 GOTY
Zerostatic said:
Yeah, wouldn't it be hilarious if it came out and was like the best game ever. Like #1 on gamerankings.com, that sh*t would be hilarious.
Zerostatic said:
Perhaps because Cubed3 is based in Europe as are the developers of this game? Regardless IGN and Gamespot both regard Nibris as a real developer and have coverage on some of the other games Nibris is working on so that's enough to suggest that the Company is for real. As for Sadness, I do have my doubts about how much development has been done on the game, and I also have doubts about whether it will come out or not, but I'm pretty sure they're not just straight out lying about their intent to release the game, and I do believe that there is work being done on the game as we speak.
monitorslapB.gif

Zerostatic said:
EA Playground>Lair
EA Playground>Crysis
EA Playground>Halo 3
EA Playground>GTA4
EA Playground>Spore

NUFF SAID!!!

Zerostatic
(Today, 11:28 PM)
Reply | Quote

Nuff said.

It really is a shame EA isn't using the Mii's. I mean, it would help sales for these games A LOT more than people would think.

Oh and for the complainers, EA Playground is clearly a game geared towards children. If I had a six or seven year old child, he/she would probably love wii sports and wii play (and hate Red Steel and Zelda), and this game would be good for them.

.....I would like to see an EA game geared towards the gamers though. More third parties need to capitalize on what the wii controls offer GAMERS, not families and children.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Sikaffy said:
Super Mario Hockey?

You know, a nice EA Hockey game with standard nuchuck/wiimote control would ****ing rock, especially if they had cutscenes where you could box your opponent (NES HOCKEY anyone?) and waggle moments where you could make shots at the goal.

That would ****ing rule.

CaVaYeRo

don't know why they keep calling it the "Wii mic". I learnt that the microphone will be included with Boogie, so it's not a Nintendo peripherial. Same as High School Musical.

maxmars

Haunted One said:
Doesn't look better than Re-Volt (1999).

Which is one of my favourite games EVER, incredible sense of speed without the retarded blur effect so much à la page today. I doubt this will be as good but I'd like to eat crow.

BTW Re-Volt graphics were better than this IIRC.

grandjedi6 said:
You think Sadness is an actual game, you're not allowed to use sarcasm

And you're a typical little videogame poster, you choose to see only what you want to see, did you not see where I wrote: "As for Sadness, I do have my doubts about how much development has been done on the game, and I also have doubts about whether it will come out or not". I fully believe that there isn't anything terribly concrete, but just the fact that there is concept art means there's something, even if it's just an idea. So get out of here with your condescending little attitude.

Top Bottom