• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

??IV 3D remake to DS

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Pureauthor said:
FFIVa was released less than two years ago.

LESS. THAN. TWO. YEARS. AGO.

This is stupid.

There is no fighting the siren call of the Square Enix remake.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Greenpanda said:
who needs new games!! amirite

puke.

If SquareEnix ported Xenogears over to the DS I would be pretty happy.

Even if it is a pretentious 70 hour videogame.

F#A#Oo said:
DS is more then capable of improving FFIV...

I just finished this game last month so I'm a bit...miffed at the news...:(

Personally I would prefer 2D remakes of the SNES games since they wont use the ugly DS 3D graphics.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Seriously, though. I'm not too sure what's to be excited about with a 3D remake with DS level hardware. Wasn't the biggest fan of FFIII's look..

thefro

DeaconKnowledge said:
Meh. I'm really not looking forward to a grind-fest like 3 was. Wasn't V when Square started perfecting the balance between story and the RPG grind?

I'm guessing you've never played IV, because there's little grinding needed at all. Unlike FFIII DS where you need to grind a bit if you have the right jobs (just to get rid of crystal sickness) or grind a ton if you have the wrong ones for a dungeon.

Gameplay is like FFVI in terms of grinding needed.

There's also a much better story than FF III, even the slightly expanded DS version.

I don't see the point of remaking the game on DS unless they're going to expand it a lot, but I'll probably get it just because IV is one of my favorite RPGs of all time (if the rumor is true).

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
TheJollyCorner said:
FFI and II Remakes- PSP

FFIII and IV Remakes- DS

FFV and VI Remakes- Wii

FFVII and VIII Remakes- PS3

FFIX Remake- 360 :D

BERIEVE!

It is with the shank!!

F#A#Oo

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Personally I would prefer 2D remakes of the SNES games since they wont use the ugly DS 3D graphics.

Your wrong...3D graphics can be nice on the DS...but meh! Your only saying that because it would look nicer on the PSP...

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
I'm happy I did not bought these on the GBA because I thought they went into the cheap way. Now they're coming in a better version! (Or so I hope!)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
TheJollyCorner said:
FFI and II Remakes- PSP

FFIII and IV Remakes- DS

FFV and VI Remakes- Wii

hmm, well, they did say they didn't want to focus too much attention to any one particular platform... since they want them all to be succesful (and evidently, a system can't without FF on it or something)... so I can actually see that as happening :lol

Jonnyram

TheJollyCorner said:
FFI and II Remakes- PSP

FFIII and IV Remakes- DS

FFV and VI Remakes- Wii

Wouldn't it be:

FFV and VI Remakes- PS3

FFVII and VIII Remakes- Wii

...if they follow the PSP->DS trend?

TheJollyCorner said:
FFI and II Remakes- PSP

FFIII and IV Remakes- DS

FFV and VI Remakes- Wii

That would mean that 360 will be my next-gen system of choice...

Hcoregamer00

F#A#Oo said:
Your wrong...3D graphics can be nice on the DS...but meh! Your only saying that because it would look nicer on the PSP...

The last thing I want is classic 2D final fantasies made with PSX level graphics. It shows even more because they aren't having prerendered graphics like many PSX era Final Fantasies.

Jonnyram said:
Wouldn't it be:

FFV and VI Remakes- PS3

I want that to happen just to see the meltdown on the forums.

Korean RPG Maker jokes aside, I was actually hoping for FFIV to get the FFI and II PSP 2D treatment :(

**** it... I'm still excited. I haven't played anything on the DS- how's the music quality?

Matix

TheJollyCorner said:
FFI and II Remakes- PSP

FFIII and IV Remakes- DS

FFV and VI Remakes- Wii

Do you really consider Final Fantasy I -&- II for PSP actual remakes?!

Hcoregamer00

TheJollyCorner said:
Korean RPG Maker jokes aside, I was actually hoping for FFIV to get the FFI and II PSP 2D treatment :(

**** it... I'm still excited. I haven't played anything on the DS- how's the music quality?

FFIV and FFVI have the best music the series, bar none.

If the soundtrack was half as good transferred to the DS with it's far superior sound chip we are in for a treat.

jjasper said:
Or any other system. Great 2D>N64/DS/PSX 3D

Exactly, 2D gaming has a nice timeless look on it. Just compare the goodness of Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, or any other DS 2d game compared to 3D stuff on the DS.

TheJollyCorner said:
FFI and II Remakes- PSP/DS/GBA/Wii/PS3

FFIII and IV Remakes- PSP/DS/GBA/Wii/PS3

FFV and VI Remakes- PSP/DS/GBA/Wii/PS3

FFVII and VIII Remakes- PSP/DS/GBA/Wii/PS3

FFIX Remake- PSP/DS/GBA/Wii/PS3 :D

You guys are doing it wrong.

thefro said:
I'm guessing you've never played IV, because there's little grinding needed at all. Unlike FFIII DS where you need to grind a bit if you have the right jobs (just to get rid of crystal sickness) or grind a ton if you have the wrong ones for a dungeon.

Gameplay is like FFVI in terms of grinding needed.

There's also a much better story than FF III, even the slightly expanded DS version.

I don't see the point of remaking the game on DS unless they're going to expand it a lot, but I'll probably get it just because IV is one of my favorite RPGs of all time (if the rumor is true).

I thought my query about V would have indicated that I never played IV.

From all that i've heard, V was where they got the balance right, and VI was were they perfected it.

Hcoregamer00

DeaconKnowledge said:

From all that i've heard, V was where they got the balance right, and VI was were they perfected it.

FF4 is definitely more of a grindfest compared to the modern Final Fantasies (which are too easy in balance now) but it is much easier than FF3.

At least FF4 has save points before boss battles :lol

Eteric Rice

Hcoregamer00 said:
FF4 is definitely more of a grindfest compared to the modern Final Fantasies (which are too easy in balance now) but it is much easier than FF3.

THANK YOU GOD!

Link Man

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Wouldn't it be:

FFV and VI Remakes- PS3

Actually, that wouldn't be a half-bad idea. The Wii remote seems like the perfect fit for a gunblade. :D

Hcoregamer00 said:

WEAKSAUCE! Real gamers trek through 2 hour dungeons before getting owned by a Particle Beam to the face! :lol

Link1110

YES!!!!!

FF4 has one of my favorite game stories of all time, and though many games copied it after, it was original and awesome when it came out, and I'm glad to see it getting this remake.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
TheJollyCorner said:

Well, to be fair, if any Final Fantasy is to be remade again it should be Final Fantasy IV since Final Fantasy IV Advance was kind of an assy port.

itsme

Banned
Ranger X said:
Is that true?

Don't tell me i'm gonna buy FF4 AGAIN?

I don't know about you, but I'm buying it if it comes out. It will be my 4th copy, although it's my favorite FF ever. You know what it means, right? PSP version after that, and PS3 or Wii version after that... I'll end up with 10 copies of FF4.

Hcoregamer00

Eteric Rice said:
THANK YOU GOD!

I know, I would go through the dungeon after leveling up for 2 hours and then fight the boss battle. It would end in me dying because I didn't level up enough with me closing me DS in anger.

Yeah, it ends with FF4.

bugger off with the remakes square....well I suppose its an easy way to fund their other games. I am a fan of FFIV but the game doesnt need to be remade

peace

Eteric Rice

Pureauthor said:
WEAKSAUCE! Real gamers trek through 2 hour dungeons before getting owned by a Particle Beam to the face! :lol

NONONONO!

I went all the way through the crystal tower, THOUGHT I killed all four of the dark crystals... Only to find out I missed one with a PARTICLE BEAM TO THE FACE. :(

9999 US Damage. :(

Ceb

DeaconKnowledge said:

You heard wrong.

FFIV has a good story and competent gameplay. FFV has good gameplay and a laughable story. FFIV is superior, don't let the Kawazu fans tell you otherwise. :p

Jonnyram

After they've totally run FF into the ground, and done ports/remakes of every game for every system, do you think they'll start digging into DQ or is that more sacred?

Eteric Rice said:
NONONONO!

I went all the way through the crystal tower, THOUGHT I killed all four of the dark crystals... Only to find out I missed one with a PARTICLE BEAM TO THE FACE. :(

9999 US Damage. :(

Your fault for not being able to count. :p

After they've totally run FF into the ground, and done ports/remakes of every game for every system, do you think they'll start digging into DQ or is that more sacred?

Nah. By that time the next generation of consoles would have shown up, and we can start this all over again!

Hcoregamer00

Link1110 said:
YES!!!!!

FF4 has one of my favorite game stories of all time, and though many games copied it after, it was original and awesome when it came out, and I'm glad to see it getting this remake.

Exactly, FF4 Advance was nice in that it made the 2D graphics bearable, but on a more powerful console it would get the drama across better.

(which is why I am irritated that there isn't a Wii 3D remake)

Jonnyram said:

Dragon Quest 4-6 never had a USA release, that is a good start :D

We still don't have Seiken Densetsu 3 in any english form.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Jonnyram said:
The fact that we don't have a DQI•II•III remake using the DQVIII engine is a travesty.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Jonnyram said:

Considering that the first five Dragon Quest games were remade I am going to say no. In fact, they are do for another go around some time soon I would wager.

Odysseus said:
holy crap square, stop making the same games over and over again

we already have one nintendo

At least SE does us the favour of slapping the same name onto the same game so we know what we're setting ourselves up for. :lol

Top Bottom