• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

??IV 3D remake to DS

Link Man

Banned
392.jpg

basis

well perhaps they want to introduce it to the younger urns who never had the chance to play FF4 back in the day.... coupled with the runaway success of the DS... this might be a good market to get into. Confirm seller.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
This means...this means...FFVDS possibilities!
*faints*
Assuming not fake. Where is the proofs?

teiresias

SE did say "Nintendo fans would be happy," I just didn't realize that meant "happy to buy a DS remake of a game you already bought a rerelease of on the GBA not more than a year ago."

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
To be honest, once we get back to VI, it deserves better than an FF3DS style game.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
MoxManiac said:
Considering how shitty the GBA port is you guys should welcome this!

oh shush, I had a great time playing that. It had a bit of slowdown here and there, but it was still FF4 and FF4 is cool ok.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Eteric Rice said:
If there's a remake at all.

I'm hoping for a VII remake on the PSP or DS (which both seem likely, now).

The perfect combination.

The port of the original FFVII game on the DS on a larger card and a remake on the PSP using the Crisis Core engine.

I would buy both.....

BocoDragon said:
To be honest, once we get back to VI, it deserves better than an FF3DS style game.

From VI onward they could go to the PSP and just reuse the crisis core engine.

Eteric Rice

Hcoregamer00 said:
The perfect combination.

The port of the original FFVII game on the DS on a larger card and a remake on the PSP using the Crisis Core engine.

I would buy both.....

Eh, I'd hope for a VI remake on the DS. Simply because I own a DS right now. :p

If they're going to stop anywhere, it should be at VI, then VII on PSP if they must.

Just my two cents.

BocoDragon said:
yeah, FFVI remake for either Wii or PS3 + X360, with a battle system similar to FFXII's

Hcoregamer00 said:
I wonder if there will still be a PSP by then

MoxManiac

rainer516 said:
oh shush, I had a great time playing that. It had a bit of slowdown here and there, but it was still FF4 and FF4 is cool ok.

I dunno man, the ATB glitches were pretty irritating. Slowdown I can tolerate; when the battle system starts getting screwed up, I have issues.

Eteric Rice

I wonder if Square can push the III engine even further than Crystal Chronicals?

Or maybe they could use the Dragon Quest IX engine?

Anything less than a VII remake on PS3/360 would be a waste.

Nah, not really. A remake of it on the PSP/DS would probably still look a lot better than the original.

I'd go with a remake to the PSP, and a port of the original to the DS (with enhanced models, maybe?)

BocoDragon

Hcoregamer00 said:
agreed!

Of course I've always been dreaming of a next gen "okami style" visual look for FFVI, similar to original Amano art....

probune

I don't have as much love for Final Fantasy 4 as most people. I wouldn't buy it.

Then again I probably would not buy any of the snes games again since I've already bought them multiple times. I'd buy the PS1 games again.

Hcoregamer00

teiresias said:

I completely disagree, the crisis core engine would do the game justice.

Eteric Rice said:
I wonder if Square can push the III engine even further than Crystal Chronicals?

Or maybe they could use the Dragon Quest IX engine?

Once there are larger cartridges they should consider using prerendered backgrounds and FMV cutscenes to make it more like a "modern" final fantasy.

The DS could also get pushed even further, so there is no doubt on that issue.

jjasper

teiresias said:

I actually kind of wish this one and all snes ones were not on the DS. They look great in their 2D forms and I am not a big fan of the DS's 3D ability and don't see how this 3D will make the game look any better. It isn't like 3. I wish if they were going to do it on PSP, PS2, Wii, gamecube or something with better 3D

Eteric Rice

Hcoregamer00 said:
I completely disagree, the crisis core engine would do the game justice.

Once there are larger cartridges they should consider using prerendered backgrounds and FMV cutscenes to make it more like a "modern" final fantasy.

The DS could also get pushed even further, so there is no doubt on that issue.

I heard they're going to start going up to 256MB soon. I think they're doing it for DQIX.

Hcoregamer00

Eteric Rice said:
I heard they're going to start going up to 256MB soon. I think they're doing it for DQIX.

They should have been at 256 MB and moving to 512 megs.

:)

These huge RPG's need lots of space if they want to have large worlds, some FMV, and voice acting.

Kintaro said:
Damn, they keep finding more cows to milk!

Vagrant Story, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Secret of Evermore, Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Dragon Quest I, Dragon Quest 2, Dragon Quest 3, Dragon Quest 4, Dragon Quest 5, Dragon Quest 6, Dragon Quest 7, Final Fantasy Tactics.

They could seriously just live off the old licenses.

Eteric Rice

Hcoregamer00 said:
They should have been at 256 MB and moving to 512 megs.

:)

These huge RPG's need lots of space if they want to have large worlds, some FMV, and voice acting.

I can live with no voice acting, due to the sound quality that it'll likely have.

I dunno, depends on how good their compression is.

Kintaro said:
Yep. Hey! There's the news Nintendo fans were waiting for though!

I don't mind remakes, as I was really young with many of these games were released.

Now I'm just waiting to see if they have any new Wii projects...

Hcoregamer00

Eteric Rice said:
I can live with no voice acting, due to the sound quality that it'll likely have.

I dunno, depends on how good their compression is.

Well, I could also live without voice acting.

What I can't live without is having FMV's to convey what the ugly 3D graphics can't. The DS should have been a tad more powerful, but there are ways to get across that.

A) Have prerendered backgrounds
B) Use FMV on the dramatic moments

Blablurn said:
I bet that the PSP gets the 3D Remake of FFVI

And it should because the Crisis Core engine is begging to be recycled over and over again.

Jonnyram

teiresias said:
SE did say "Nintendo fans would be happy," I just didn't realize that meant "happy to buy a DS remake of a game you already bought a rerelease of on the GBA not more than a year ago."
Maybe they're just happy they don't have to put up with Ehrgeiz ****ing 2 :lol

Ceb

If it's true: Nooooooooooo......

I've wanted a FFIV remake since I don't know how long. The reason being that out of the FF games with a good story, FFIV has hands down the most basic visual presentation.

I'm NOT going to be satisfied by a remake done in shitty DS 3D graphics. And before you say that the gameplay is still intact, doesn't most of the point of a remake lie in the improvement of the graphics and audio? You might as well keep playing the original FFIV...

Meh. I'm really not looking forward to a grind-fest like 3 was. Wasn't V when Square started perfecting the balance between story and the RPG grind?

Ceb said:

I've wanted a FFIV remake since I don't know how long. The reason being that out of the FF games with a good story, FFIV has hands down the most basic visual presentation.

I'm NOT going to be satisfied by a remake done in shitty DS 3D graphics. And before you say that the gameplay is still intact, doesn't most of the point of a remake lie in the improvement of the graphics and audio? You might as well keep playing the original FFIV...

Actually, I'd say most of the point of a remake would be to make the game available to a new generation of gamers who may not be able to find the original release without hunting.

jjasper

Hcoregamer00 said:
Vagrant Story, Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3, Secret of Evermore, Final Fantasy V , Final Fantasy VI, Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears,Dragon Quest I, Dragon Quest 2, Dragon Quest 3,Dragon Quest 4, Dragon Quest 5, Dragon Quest 6, Dragon Quest 7, Final Fantasy Tactics.

They could seriously just live off the old licenses.

Those have all been remade (I am going to let Ct slide) at least 1 time already or the series has whored around recently

Edit: Adjusted for US

Hcoregamer00

Zerodoppler said:
Oh shit I'm slow. I just realized that this probably is the reason why they won't put the old FF games on the VC. :(

Since there is no Chrono Trigger that means we can hope for a 2D remake Chrono Trigger.

That is one thing I don't want soiled by the crappy DS 3D it is Chrono Trigger.

jjasper said:
Those have all been remade at least 1 time already or the series has whored around recently

The problem is that most of the ones you striked haven't been whored RECENTLY. Heck, We need Dragon Quest 4-6 released in the USA period.

BocoDragon

Zerodoppler said:
Oh shit I'm slow. I just realized that this probably is the reason why they won't put the old FF games on the VC. :(
yeah.. bingo. I still often have conversations with people who think SE is gonna let these games go for less than 10 bucks.

teiresias

I'll probably actually buy this though, as I find the GBA port nearly unplayable due to the slowdown and menu stutters during combat.

BocoDragon

Pureauthor said:
Actually, I'd say most of the point of a remake would be to make the game available to a new generation of gamers who may not be able to find the original release without hunting.
It was released on GBA a year ago!

F#A#Oo

Banned
Ceb said:

DS is more then capable of improving FFIV...

I just finished this game last month so I'm a bit...miffed at the news...:(

Top Bottom