• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First RAMBO footage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.aintitcool.com/multimedia/AICN-JOHN-RAMBO2.mov

Downloading now. :D

The footage we have for you is something that Sly put together to show distributors and folks at Cannes... but, he wanted to see what you Talkbackers thought about what he had for us. So - for 2 days, this footage will be hosted here on AICN. And then, I'm taking it down. But I watched this with a group of about 15 friends tonight and when... you'll see... happens, and then, it keeps happening - we were screaming and applauding and being so happy to see RAMBO doing the shit Rambo was created for. THIS ISN'T WATERED DOWN, THIS IS TURNED UP.

That said - you should know that this footage isn't done - and Stallone still intends to add more blood and "ARROWS" to this stuff. Sly is also watching this talkback to see what you guys think, so be honest and straight with the man. And AB... It's ****ing Christmas... Ho Ho Ho!!! Thanks goes out to Stallone for giving us this, to Tom Joad for some Encoding help and to the greatest audience of all, you guys! It's about to get BLOODY!

EDIT - Youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6i090FGzQ

temp

posting on contract only
DID HE JUST
CUT A GUY'S HEAD OFF AND SHOOT ANOTHER GUY INTO LITTLE BITTY PIECES?!

DID HE JUST
RIP OUT A RAPIST'S NECK?!

DID HE JUST
CUT OUT A GUY'S STOMACH?!

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Sly is also watching this talkback to see what you guys think, so be honest and straight with the man.

You mean honest like this:

But I watched this with a group of about 15 friends tonight and when... you'll see... happens, and then, it keeps happening - we were screaming and applauding and being so happy to see RAMBO doing the shit Rambo was created for. THIS ISN'T WATERED DOWN, THIS IS TURNED UP.

:lol

Not to mention ripping a guys jugular out

The first half of that vid had me worried, the second half had me grinning.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
oh god the uber violence.

**** YEAH this will be waaay better than that shitfest rocky movie that made me hate the nurse from heroes.

EDIT: ahahah "JOHN RAMBO...... ATTACKING SOON"

DMczaf

First Rocky Balboa and now John Rambo, does this qualify for the greatest comeback ever yet?

Or do we need to wait for "John Spartan"?!

Sly knows where it is at, I want all his movies to have a new version where he is old.

now there just needs to be Deke DaSilva or Marion Cobretti

but I dont see how John Spartan or Joseph Dredd would work.

temp

posting on contract only
Linkzg said:
Sly knows where it is at, I want all his movies to have a new version where he is old.

now there just needs to be Deke DaSilva or Marion Cobretti

but I dont see how John Spartan or Joseph Dredd would work.
He just needs to make "Sylvester Stallone" and combine all of his previous roles into one movie.

Prime crotch said:
Demolitian Man is a prophetic work of art. Judge Dredd is shit though.

Judge Dredd, while crap, still is awesome if only for the scenes where Dredd claims he is the law, especially in the courtroom.

watching the Rambo footage over and over, this is going to be awesome. Its like
you think that he is sneaking up on the guy to stab him or slit his throat, BUT HE CUTS HIS HEAD OFF! Then in that other scene you think he is just choaking that guy, BUT HE RIPS HIS THROAT OUT!

Yeah! That throat thing, I think it was Under Siege 2 that Steven Segal did something similar. He pulled someone's adam's apple out. It was so stupid that it was funny. Nothing like what I just saw. I hope Sega makes a game. ;D

Tr4nce

Oh, Hollywood!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tieno

Wow, Rambo is brutal! Looks interesting! Old-style action movie, I like! They don't make 'em like that anymore.

Thriller

DAMN!! :lol when i told my dad that a new rambo was coming out he sayd it was gonna be shit, but then i showed the trailer and he got a whole new view about it (he probably senced rambo standing behind him with a knife to strike at any given second if my he wouldnt like it):lol

White Man

Just think, that brief bit of footage was more intense than all of Shit Hard 4 could possibly even imagine. Bruce Oldie Willis am suiciding.

Kuroyume

Banned
HOLY SHIT!!!!

HOOOOOOO...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT!!!!

BEST TRAILER SINCE BATMAN BEGINS (which was the best trailer since T2...)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

So ****ing bad ass

This movie is going to be the shit. :D

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
The movie looks so full on that it actually looks like it might be worth watching.

The power of a good trailer, i mean look at all the transformers people who started to like the movie more after the latest trailer.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I know it's hilarious. Peace loving people watch in terror as throat ripping Rambo freaks out on roid rage. This movie will be amazing.:D

Guzim

DMczaf said:
First Rocky Balboa and now John Rambo, does this qualify for the greatest comeback ever yet?

Or do we need to wait for "John Spartan"?!
I'll take John Spartan over Angelo Provolone anyday!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
WickedAngel said:
It's the roids.
thats human growth hormone, and it's harmless, something he's been taking for years!

FoneBone said:
This is going to bomb so f***ing hard regardless (honest opinion).

You underestimate the power of violence and a cult classic, Fone. It will gross more than it cost them to make, guaranteed.

JayDubya

Banned
:lol at shooting an explosive arrow into one guy whom you've already killed with the act of shooting him with an arrow

FoneBone

WickedAngel said:
You underestimate the power of violence and a cult classic, Fone. It will gross more than it cost them to make, guaranteed.
I admit that with all markets added up, it should be profitable, but Stallone looks goofy, and more importantly, the Rambo character is a Reagan era relic, without the same degree of nostalgic appeal held by, say, Rocky. I stand by my opinion.

JayDubya said:
:lol at shooting an explosive arrow into one guy whom you've already killed with the act of shooting him with an arrow
God bless John Rambo.

First StarCraft 2 and now this, my day is going suspiciously way to good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom