• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any word on LittleBigPlanet's download/demo release?

theBishop

Banned
I was just randomly reading some of the GDC impressions of LittleBigPlanet, and I had some questions on the demo/download that is supposedly being released this year:

- Rumored Release date/month?
- How much customization will be possible in the download?
- Will we be able to import 3d assets from the PC?
- How much player-to-player sharing will be possible?

Grayman

theBishop said:
I was just randomly reading some of the GDC impressions of LittleBigPlanet, and I had some questions on the demo/download that is supposedly being released this year:

- Rumored Release date/month?
- How much customization will be possible in the download?
- Will we be able to import 3d assets from the PC?
- How much player-to-player sharing will be possible?
keep in mind this is mostly guess work

- Rumored Release date/month? - i think september was mentioned at some point. That would be for the download version, not the blu ray that might come out later.

- How much customization will be possible in the download? - In the demo we saw object shape and sizes, textures/materials, importing logos, and very free placement of items(no grid or anything)

- Will we be able to import 3d assets from the PC? - unknown, I don't think it was mentioned in the conference presentation.

- How much player-to-player sharing will be possible? - the game is built on player to player sharing so probably, TONS. Uploading maps to a central server is supposed to be really easy and players can put prizes to be won into the maps.

tanod

when is my burrito
A demo that does not have all of the level building features will be released as a download this fall/winter. Since it's a demo, I imagine it will be free.

From an interview at SGD or the Euro-GD, they said that the full game with everything enabled will come out in 2008 only on Blu-Ray because it wouldn't be practical as a download. The developers also said that they are trying to create a bunch of levels to ship with the disc so there will be stuff for people to play with when they buy the game.

It didn't sound like they are going to take levels from the demo that people build for inclusion on the Blu-Ray as previously speculated.

BuddyC

At Gamers Day, it was said the demo would be released before Christmas, with the full version in early 2008.

Later on, producer Kyle Shubel told me the full game would be only released via Blu-ray due to the sheer amount of level pieces and related content. The disc will come packed with a bunch of levels created by developer Media Molecule, which can be conquered with one to four players, meant to show people what they can do with the in-game tools and level creation abilities.

pswii60

Will the game be purely based around the 2D platforming we saw at GDC?

I might have imagined it, but didn't they say there may be other 'types' of gameplay? Riding on a radio controlled car in 3D around a course you've made out of real life objects would be pretty cool.

theBishop

Banned
BuddyC said:
At Gamers Day, it was said the demo would be released before Christmas, with the full version in early 2008.

Later on, producer Kyle Shubel told me the full game would be only released via Blu-ray due to the sheer amount of level pieces and related content. The disc will come packed with a bunch of levels created by developer Media Molecule, which can be conquered with one to four players, meant to show people what they can do with the in-game tools and level creation abilities.

So the bluray is basically going to be packed to the gills with stock assets?

tanod

when is my burrito
For my first level, I'm gonna create a skateboard roller coaster. :D

BuddyC, it was your interview that I read with that info. That was a great interview. Lots of new information. Thanks a lot.

They really need to get some companies behind Little big Planet and ask them to create some stages.

I would love to see a Ratchet and Clank stage, a Sly cooper stage or a Metal Gear Solid stage... do it Sony :D

theBishop

Banned
Doom_Bringer said:
They really need to get some companies behind Little big Planet and ask them to create some stages.

I would love to see a Ratchet and Clank stage, a Sly cooper stage or a Metal Gear Solid stage... do it Sony :D

Miyamoto will probably create levels under a pseudonym.

BuddyC

tanod said:
For my first level, I'm gonna create a skateboard roller coaster. :D

BuddyC, it was your interview that I read with that info. That was a great interview. Lots of new information. Thanks a lot.
Oh hey, that's pretty cool. Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Top Bottom