• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo WFC Online Activity (W/E June 3rd)

Bo130

Due to downtime on the servers for Mario Strikers Charged Football, most likely because way more people got online at release than Nintendo expected, Mario Strikers didn't get all potential connections this week. It did, however, manage to hold its spot from last week.

---------------------This weeks Top 10---------------------

Right now I won't separate the list in DS / Wii, but I will do this, as more games get released for Wii.
New games on the Top 10 is written in bold. Games in italic haven't been released in America (yet).

1. Pokémon Diamond - 1,574,962 connections
2. Pokémon Pearl - 1,076,439 connections
3. Mario Strikers Charged Football - 490,130 connections
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World - 396,816 connections
5. Mario Kart DS - 310,590 connections
6. Metroid Prime Hunters - 215,103 connections
7. Jump! Ultimate Stars - 124,141 connections
8. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - 114,609 connections

9. Tetris DS - 65,501 connections
10. Pokémon Battle Revolution - 50,815 connections

For comparison, last weeks chart:

1. Pokémon Diamond - 1,460,474 connections
2. Pokémon Pearl - 1,007,074 connections
3. Mario Strikers Charged Football - 399,569 connections
4. Animal Crossing: Wild World - 360,855 connections
5. Mario Kart DS - 294,993 connections
6. Metroid Prime Hunters - 201,480 connections
7. Jump! Ultimate Stars - 128,872 connections
8. Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker - 108,299 connections
9. Tetris DS - 71,347 connections
10. Pokémon Battle Revolution - 51,781 connections

---------------------How about those latest online releases?---------------------

Europe | Mario Strikers Charged Football | 490,130 connections
Europe | Custom Robo Arena | 19,216 connections
Europe | Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales | 5,957 connections
USA | Marvel Trading Card Game | 629 connections
Japan | Jissen Pachi-Slot Pachinko Hisshouhou! Sammy's Collection Hokuto no Ken Wii | 2,173 connections

---------------------Upcoming onlinegames---------------------

Europe:
* Planet Puzzle League [DS, June 29th]
* Pokémon Diamond & Pearl [DS, July 27th]

America:
* Planet Puzzle League [DS, June 4th]
* Pokémon Battle Revolution [Wii, June 25th]
* Picross DS [DS, July 30th]
* Mario Strikers Charged[Wii, July 30th]
* Heroes of Mana [DS, August 14th]
* Madden NFL 2008 [Wii, August 14th]

Japan:
* Itadaki Street DS [DS, June 21st]
* The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass [DS, June 23rd]

---------------------Additional information---------------------

* Total number of connections for the week was 4,982,805, up from last weeks 4,640,137.

* Pokémon Diamond & Pokémon Pearl had a total share of all the connections made this week of 53.21%. The games in the Top 10 was responsible for a massive 88.69% of all connections.

* The game closest to Top 10 this week was Final Fantasy III with 45,815 connections. Just behind it was Clubhouse Games with 45,214 connections.

---------------------Feel free to ask!---------------------

As always - if you want information on a game not mentioned in the first post, please feel free to ask. I'll gladly give them to you :)

Totalriot

Thank you for those interesting numbers.

Great connection numbers for MSCF! Unfortunately, it will never get above #3 in the charts :(

Ronok

I was wondering, is this unique user connections or just every time someone decided to play a game?

nli10

BrodiemanTTR said:
Very nice for Strikers. Seems to be selling quite well.

In the Uk on Saturday I went in 3 game shops - all were sold out and had Wii in stock (although one was down to its last unit!)

Bo130

I really oughta include that information in the top post, as it gets asked every week. This is not unique connections.

And I actually think Strikers has a shot of passing (ha ha ha) Pearl. The service isn't fully working yet, and if it continues to sell and the players who gave up on trying, when the service went down, it might be able to reach it. It's yet to be released in America as well.

Although, Pokémon will be released in Europa shortly after Strikers comes out in America, and by then it won't get any higher than third place :(

A bit premature(we should be getting European numbers soon) but do you guys think Nintendo anticipated Mario Strikers, especially the online component to be this well received? I suppose the football-Euro circumstance helped alot.

maxmars

MSC is a deep game online -- you don't play it a couple of times then forget about it (unless you don't like it that is).

It takes time even only to understand how to effectively use all players (captain & sidekicks), let alone build a formation which can play cohesively. Hence, I think that game will have legs on the WFC.

nli10

Bo130 said:
I really oughta include that information in the top post, as it gets asked every week. This is not unique connections.

And I actually think Strikers has a shot of passing (ha ha ha) Pearl. The service isn't fully working yet, and if it continues to sell and the players who gave up on trying, when the service went down, it might be able to reach it. It's yet to be released in America as well.

Although, Pokémon will be released in Europa shortly after Strikers comes out in America, and by then it won't get any higher than third place :(

I should have point this out earlier but the servers are far more reliable for Strikers than they were last week. This has had the odd effect of meaning that there were less connections per person playing on the leader board this week.

On the first weekend I'd have to reconnect between pretty much every best of 3 match., now it only kicks me off if I have particularly bad luck or if I leave it in the menu screen for say 10 minutes without doing a match (even then it sometimes doesn't). This means I can play as many matches as I want for just 1 connection.

Captain N

I was surprised over the weekend when I found a match in Marvel Trading Card Game. The game still isn't up on th wifi site.

andthebeatgoeson

Bo130 said:
I was gonna suggest it might be better if you included the link (s) with the info and other commonly asked questions everytime you make a new thread. Just a suggestion.

Xzbeat

I love your avatar.
catnd2.gif
catnd2.gif
catnd2.gif

Haunted

I played against someone with 0 games played who was ranked ~55000 in Strikers yesterday, so that's the minimal amount of Miis that went online to play at least once. Pretty nice for a Europe-only release.

Haunted One said:
I played against someone with 0 games played who was ranked ~55000 in Strikers yesterday, so that's the minimal amount of Miis that went online to play at least once. Pretty nice for a Europe-only release.

... in this season

a new one started today, right?

maxmars

:Motorbass said:
... in this season

a new one started today, right?

*slap* that's why after a while yesterday night everybody seemed to be a first time user with 0 matches! And they played bloody well for being newbies! :lol

nli10

Nuclear Muffin said:
Yeah but this is for WFC games only, not ones with Wii Connect 24 features like Elebits.

Elebits shows up on WiFi connect, just barely. Not sue what it counts - i'd be willing to throw photos to people to see if it's those or the levels (I'm thinking only the levels count as I sent a few pics).

Bo130 said:

I hope Strikers can do it. But you are right, with the release of Pokemon in Europe it's a done deal. Still a few weeks to achieve that victory though.

Top Bottom