• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 08: First official images

Blimblim

The Inside Track
They of course promise a better AI, a new and realistic shooting system and lots of other improvements.

1280_0001.jpg

1280_0002.jpg

1280_0003.jpg

1280_0004.jpg

1280_0005.jpg

1280_0006.jpg

1280_0007.jpg

1280_0008.jpg

1280_0009.jpg

1280_0010.jpg

1280_0011.jpg

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
It looks very pretty. Are these 360 or PS3? I remember one of the new football games is actually leading on PS3, was it Fifa?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Found even more screens
1280_0001.jpg

1280_0002.jpg

1280_0003.jpg

1280_0004.jpg

1280_0005.jpg

1280_0006.jpg

1280_0007.jpg

QVT said:
It looks very pretty. Are these 360 or PS3? I remember one of the new football games is actually leading on PS3, was it Fifa?
They are marked as PS3/360 on EA's press site. As far as I know 360 is the lead platform for EA, and PS3 the lead for Winning Eleven.

koam

Looks good, any news on the Wii version? Curious how it controls, im assuming it's similar to mario strikers.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Looks pretty decent I'd say; the faces are still too glossy but look much better than before. My brother swears by FIFA now even though he used to be a PES die-hard just b/c Konami screwed over the 360 so bad that he switched. I have to say FIFA is OK, but I just really don't like the physics on the ball at all and it just feels too arcadey over all, but I've always said that FIFA gets a lot of undeserved crap b/c it's going up against the best sports series in existence. They've copied a lot from PES the past few years, they should just swipe the rest and give Konami a run for their money so that they get off their lazy asses.

They have to make the controls much more responsive, had tricks, and majorly rework the presentation.

The graphics look great as allways even if when in game the players seem like they don't have the right body proportions.

Threi

notag
I want to hear more about the wii version - it is going to be interesting to see EA's take on the controls (and visuals)

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
So which system has the nice grass?

They really need to do something about the crowd though.

... maybe they should just think about creating hi-def assets now for the crowd; then downscale them into normal mapped 2.5D assets. The crowd there looks terrible. They're still cardboard cutouts. Except this time, they're blurry cutouts.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
1280_0010.jpg

That's some bloody nice grass.

Cant get excited over a Fifa game though, burned too many times by their annual "Its fixed this time! Honest" babble.

E-phonk

Banned
There are scans from a magazine with screenshots of the Wii version, looks good, with shadows etc intact from xbox+ version.

Wii version includes multiplayer table football. There is also a special "mii mode" that is quite funny, in a total different art-style with a goal-scoring minigame and a "rythm game". The Mii's have football tenues on, so it shows enhanced 3rd party mii integration for the first time (where they keep the head but use it with a different body and a slightly different rendering mode.

Threi

notag
E-phonk said:
There are scans from a magazine with screenshots, looks good, with shadows etc intact from xbox+ version.

Wii version includes multiplayer table football. There is also a special "mii mode" that is quite funny, in a total different art-style with a goal-scoring minigame and a "rythm game".

Link or you are making up bullshit.

link please =D

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Symytry said:
damn am I ever glad not to be working on this garbage anymore lol

Yeah, the guys at Konami have it way better. They literally have to work, what, a few hours a year taking features out of the X-Box/360 versions? Is there anything else that goes into a new iteration of PES?

Theres a suprise it looks the same as last years, holy shite i know rooney is no looker but dear good they made him look even worse.:lol

ksamedi

The Wii version actually has Tablesoccer. The Wiimote would be perfect for that. ITs gonna be a lot of fun.

womfalcs3

Banned
People don't look that good. The field looks incredible though. I don't know, I'm going to need to play both of the next Winning Eleven and this one before I decide.

GC|Simon

Francias Castiglione said:
Miroslav Klose I would assume.

Not from his face but from the fact that it's a Werder Bremen shirt and he is their most famous player.

I don't think so. Klose looks very different. Maybe this is Thorsten Frings.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Kenka said:
I rather think it's Baumann.

By the way, lol at Baumann and Ribéry :lol

Ribery looks hilarious. Like Lucky Luke or something. I actually like the cartoony look, even if unintentional.

Lakitu

st5fu
Francias Castiglione said:
They still can't get Rooney's body shape right, he looks like he has a shrunken head. :lol

He still looks like a hamster though, so that's good enough I suppose.

Dali

Blablurn said:
http://i15.tinypic.com/4rc2yz5.jpg

Ronaldo's eyes were cool IMO: Tracking the defender, now that's next gen. The defender, however... looks like his model isn't finished. He's got Rosemary's baby's eyes.

Haunted

Phife Dawg said:
I don't think so. It's just a very badly modelled Klose.
Yes, it's Miro. They didn't get him quite right in '06 as well, but this model looks even worse. You can kinda make out that it's supposed to be Klose, but I expected better. :(

screenshots look great as always, but PES is still king as far as I'm concerned.
gameplay > graphics

adelante

Shadows look noticeably worse in the gameplay shots. Its probably why the game now's touted to be running at 60fps

Dez

adelante said:
Shadows look noticeably worse in the gameplay shots. Its probably why the game now's touted to be running at 60fps

FIFA 07 ran at 60 FPS (most of the time)

Top Bottom