• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fifa 08: First official images

Yixian

Banned
AstroLad said:
astrothelad.jpg

Solidarité mon frere ;)

Better replays, some tricks (seriously, give me a kick feint or something) and this game will be mine.

The 360 WE turned me off to the series big time. As much as I played WE9, I can't hardly stand WE:pES 2007. (ridiculous name)

Kafel

Banned
Why do people keep quoting and commenting renders/bullshots when there are actually 2 in-game screens in the first post ?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
TheMissingLink said:
Better replays, some tricks (seriously, give me a kick feint or something) and this game will be mine.

The 360 WE turned me off to the series big time. As much as I played WE9, I can't hardly stand WE:pES 2007. (ridiculous name)

Playstation pro evo/winning eleven is a world away from 360 Pro Evo, dont let PE6 360 put you off the best football game around.

Innotech

Banned
they DO look like zombies. the uncanny valley is swallowing games whole!
Seriously though, these person models look horrible. Unless the real people look this goofy. Some of them do I know. Its cool that Ea didnt leave the wii out of this game and has added some neat stuff by the looks of it. Between that and Mario Strikers, the wii may have a chance in europe.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Looks zombietastic, but I bet I'll be able to dribble my way to the goal without needing to pass like in any other FIFA game ever

spwolf

Kafel said:
Why do people keep quoting and commenting renders/bullshots when there are actually 2 in-game screens in the first post ?

i have no idea... who cares what bullshots look like? those 2 screens dont look that great though... hopefully it will feel completly different when in game.

spwolf

people say FIFA 2007 was really different good, I still cant wash out bad taste from EA's Fifa World Cup 2006 game, that was completly terrible in every sense compared to PES 6.

The fact that subbing a player and moving his position, required to go to the menu, exit and go to the menu again, just proved to me that none of those ****ers actually played the game

newsguy

You know, I just played my brother's copy of FIFA 07 and enjoyed it greatly. It's not WE sim good, it's somewhere between that and arcadey. Still, we had a blast with it. One thing I noticed in these screens is that it seems they took that odd bloom effect off the players so you don't get that "softness" on the gameplay angles. I hate that cause I'm anal about my video quality and I'm constantly changing settings on my TV to see if it's on my end.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
koam said:
Looks good, any news on the Wii version? Curious how it controls, im assuming it's similar to mario strikers.

From the new Nintendo Power, you control shots and passing with the Wiimote- flick it up to shoot high, low to shoot low, to the left to shoot left, etc.

Should be interesting...

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The "Be a Pro" mode sounds like a big gimmick but it could be a nice little distraction from the main game. Graphically it looks no different than Fifa 07 but having all the leagues and players back means I'll consider picking this up along with PES7 (which has plenty to prove after the disappointment of PES6 on the 360)

Shinobi

AstroLad said:
Yeah, the guys at Konami have it way better. They literally have to work, what, a few hours a year taking features out of the X-Box/360 versions? Is there anything else that goes into a new iteration of PES?

Owned.

I'm starting to hate PES '07 after just a month of playtime. The goalkeeper positioning is so ****ing broken half the time it's not even funny. And the AI cheats like a mother****er in the last few minutes of a half. And BTW, I'm referring to the PS2 version.

This sort of shit would get sliced to ribbons if it had EA's name on the cover, but since it's Konami it largely gets ignored. Little wonder the series has stagnated the last few years.

I hope to God the new FIFA is good...I'll probably buy it anyway just to play around with Toronto FC. And I hope Konami gets their shit together for the new PES. I'd honestly have no problem buying both games.

Same old CRAP crowds. FIFA is a series that could definately do amazing crowds, with all the cheers and chanting, its a big part of the presentation. I always imagined of Next-Gen sports games with amazing looking crowds, and none of the games yet have come close though Madden and NCAA are definate improvements.

Where are the NEXT GEN improvements to the FIFA crowds.

NCAA 07

ncaa07ob1.jpg

This is at least more next gen, not the same old flat crowd!

Fifa_2007_Screenshots.jpg

I remember FIFA 2002 on Gamecube having awsome FMV style backbrounds that kinda suck, but were kinda better than just the flat crowds on PS2, and the crowd noise was even better back then.

I'd love to see some awsome looking next gen crowds for FIFA.

schuelma said:
From the new Nintendo Power, you control shots and passing with the Wiimote- flick it up to shoot high, low to shoot low, to the left to shoot left, etc.

Should be interesting...

My fears have come true it seems.

DrXym

There is something very odd about those graphics. Can't put my finger on it, but the edges on the players look all wrong. Very creepy dead eyes too.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Alkaliine said:
Actually I see this as a light of hope. Fifa is a broken franchise, which could benefit from a drastic gameplay/control change.

Kosma

Banned
marc^o^ said:
Actually I see this as a light of hope. Fifa is a broken franchise, which could benefit from a drastic gameplay/control change.

Fifa is not broken, it's just more arcadey then PES. Same reason while some people prefer it over PES too.

Norml

Looking good.

PS3 version better have 7.1 uncompressed audio, I want to hear !!!GOAL!!! the way it should be.

Alkaliine said:

The view is like the one in Sensible Soccer. From that perspective the mentioned motion controls makes a lot of sense, and in my opinion sounds fun,

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Still does not impress me. I've been saying since FIFA 06 that there will not be "next-gen" FIFA untill 09. Damn I hope I'm right!

Yea, the crowds are disappointing...The soccer engine probably isnt mature enough for it yet...most likely, the dev team doesnt care, but I wanna say its all about the engine *(

The systems can do it, other development houses are doing it...like UltimaKilo said Vote '09

About the Wii version.... with that control and the aerial view like Sensible Soccer showed in the scans , i hope it becames more arcadey.

Or maybe someone should release sensible soccer fow wii with motion controls.,,,

Top Bottom