• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Boogie Images Nintendo Wii - The Stages

It actually looks pretty similar to this in-game as well. EA have a very nice looking game here.

I just hope the gameplay and controls match the visuals. Currently, I'm not overly optimistic.

MutFox said:
Is this game going to be good?
Are any of you really going to buy it?

Previews have been a bit mixed - it seems EA are still yet to create a definitive control scheme for this game. However everything else is apparently great, from the options to the visuals.

I will buy it if it lives up to its potential, but really, its not directed towards us. It's more for the casual and non-gamer audiences, which is fine by me. I think i'll still definitely be able to enjoy it, granted it turns out good.

The visuals are up there with some of the best looking Wii games(provided those aren't Bullshots, and from the look of things, they aren't, or just slightly altered)).

The controls for the dancing are kind of questionable, though.

Eteric Rice

Michan said:
Then why are you in this thread?

GET OUT, YOU BORING PERSON.

I was permanently scarred for life by SingStar, when I heard my neighbor's kid (13 at the time) singing some crazy shit.

He sucked at singing, and he wouldn't stop.

I killed myself three days later.

Michan

titiklabingapat said:
(provided those aren't Bullshots, and from the look of things, they aren't, or just slightly altered).

They're the very definition of bullshots.

But it still looks pretty.

Eteric Rice said:
I killed myself three days later.

Sorry to hear that didn't work out for you.

Eteric Rice

Michan said:

From what I understand, the game looks like that, but with more jaggies.

Michan said:

Actually it did. I post to you guys from limbo! Turns out neither side wanted me. :|

Michan said:

It looks very close, just enhanced "a bit" to make them look appealing in stills.

edit: yeah, the jaggies.

Threi

notag
The level with the panda bear looks INSANE in motion. The game looks a little drab and boring though (gameplay wise)...

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Flynn said:
The mansion with the fleet of hoopties parked in front is pretty funny.
I don't know if I am more surprised to see the word hooptie, which died last decade or to see it completely misused.

Saitou

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
From what I understand, the game looks like that, but with more jaggies.

Actually it did. I post to you guys from limbo! Turns out neither side wanted me. :|
I....uh.... hate to be the one to break it to you but, um..... Limbo doesn't quite exist anymore.

They retconned it.

Stages look pretty cool.

MutFox said:
Yeah I'm going to buy it. The singing will justify the game. You can't have enough Karaoke games.

Kafel

Banned
57311520070610_222715_0_big.jpg

57311520070610_222715_1_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_2_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_3_big.jpg

57311520070610_222716_4_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_5_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_6_big.jpg

57311520070610_222717_7_big.jpg

Eteric Rice

Why does it feel weird to say that other companies need to learn from EA in the visual department?

Oh God now I feel dirty...

Avrum

Why does it feel weird to say that other companies need to learn from EA in the visual department?

Oh God now I feel dirty...

Go ahead and get over it. I've come to accept that EA is kicking the most butt on Wii right now and quite a few other developers should be learning from them. Visually speaking, Boogie is a damn clean looking game. My only gripe being that while you can create music videos and edit them, you can't even use WiiConnect24 to trade them with friends. A missed opportunity indeed, but the game is likely to be a great experience despite that especially with reports not too long ago of the controls for it finally being nailed down.

Eteric Rice

Avrum said:
Go ahead and get over it. I've come to accept that EA is kicking the most butt on Wii right now and quite a few other developers should be learning from them. Visually speaking, Boogie is a damn clean looking game. My only gripe being that while you can create music videos and edit them, you can't even use WiiConnect24 to trade them with friends. A missed opportunity indeed, but the game is likely to be a great experience despite that especially with reports not too long ago of the controls for it finally being nailed down.

It's hard, this is EA...

If Ubisoft goes the same way, my head may explode...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
i'm impressed with EA on this. the lighting and textures are very clear. wierd its EA who's setting the 3rd party bar though...

titiklabingapat said:
The visuals are up there with some of the best looking Wii games(provided those aren't Bullshots, and from the look of things, they aren't, or just slightly altered)).

The controls for the dancing are kind of questionable, though.
Of course they're bullshots, unless the Wii has some supreme anti aliasing ability we don't know about.

Innotech

Banned
MutFox said:
definitely. got it preordered.
I might be al ittle crazy but it looks fun and I loved the stupid dance parts of Warioware. Im a spazz and I revel in this fact :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Eteric Rice said:
It's hard, this is EA...

If Ubisoft goes the same way, my head may explode...

All I'm needing from EA now is some stellar sports games and they'll officially become my favorite Wii developer. Tiger Woods needs to be great dammit.

Innotech

Banned
the lighting and shadows are actually really damned good. I cant believe EA is putting this kind of original effort into a Wii game, or any game.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I can only hope the in-game environments match this art, it's got a really funky Saturday Morning Cartoon vibe and I really don't want anything lost in the translation.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This whole shock-and-awe thing about EA is getting a little old. I mean, yeah--they're big, they're corporate, and they put out a lot of licensed stuff...but all that talent they keep buying up is going SOMEWHERE, right?!

Needless to say that they put out consistently good titles. Madden (and ALL of their sports titles), NFS, Burnout, SSX, BIG titles, etc...they're good on every system they appear on...and almost all of them look as good as anything else on the system. We can all bitch and moan about how they never push the hardware, lowest common denominator developers, half-soaked sequels every year, blah blah blah blah.

The fact is, EA has always been a great publisher and their policy of gobbling up small developers and assigning them to specific title factories -- while a bit draconian and definitely angering the GAF audience -- is clearly paying off.

Why does the art style seem to change with every set of shots released? First it had a monster character who could have come from a Nickelodeon cartoon, then it had Bratz-style scantily clad cartoon females, and now the developers seem to be going for an anime look.

JDSN

Banned
At this point im more worried about gameplay, does this still have an online modes? Cos I was just reading some of Revogamer's articles and while they mention Co-op and the video editor, they dont say anything about sharing them online.

Top Bottom