• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Carcassonne confirmed for the XBLA this week

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Carcassonne Arrives Wednesday on Xbox LIVE Arcade
posted Monday, June 25, 2007 9:01 AM by johnporcaro

It's finally here! The classic European board game Carcassonne arrives on Xbox LIVE Arcade this Wednesday, worldwide, for 800 Microsoft Points. The game from Sierra Online is rated E for Everyone.

From the media alert:

Using strategic tactics and a little luck, one to five four players take turns selecting from 72 tiles displaying various features of a city including roads, the walls of a castle or fields. The medieval countryside thrives as players and their opponents place tiles and complete towns, roads, and farms while competing to accumulate the most points. [...]

Game Features

* Special AI settings to challenge any skill level
* Challenge your friends – Up to five players can play over Xbox LIVE or up to four players can play on the same Xbox 360
* Interact with new and old friends alike over Xbox LIVE while you play “Carcassonne” with the Xbox LIVE Vision camera
* Helpful step-by-step tutorial to teach you the game in minutes
* Skill-based matchmaking for ranked games
* The complete “Carcassonne” includes 72 tiles and all rule sets
* “Carcassonne” includes the “Rivers II” expansion set - 12 additional tiles
* Earn up to 200 Gamerscore and 12 Achievements

More information is available at Xbox.com.

coldvein

Banned
Shard said:
Mid-July at the earliest according to Hudson, so quit your whining.

What!? That's a bummer.. I recall seeing the "Now on XBLA" pic featuring bomberman recently.. That blows. And I might even keep whining. Sorry dude.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
coldvein said:
What!? That's a bummer.. I recall seeing the "Now on XBLA" pic featuring bomberman recently.. That blows. And I might even keep whining. Sorry dude.

I know what you speak of and that was error made by Xbox.com last week when they put the wrong page up, I guess you can whine as much as you want to, but it isn't going to make Bomberman arrive any quicker.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
allarise said:
Hmm. Whatever happened to Puerto Rico? is that still on tap?

Unknown at this time since the game was never formally confirmed, I think it just showed up on one of the rating sites.

allarise

Shard said:
Unknown at this time since the game was never formally confirmed, I think it just showed up on one of the rating sites.

Word. if Puerto Rico were to show up, it'd be great - the fact that there are no dice and no direct competition, the game would be so hilariously dull to anyone not playing. and I love Puerto Rico.

M3wThr33

Banned
So it just has the River II expansion? That's nice, but I want the Inns and Cathedrals expansion. The one that gives you the double-value character. That's a goddamn staple.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
svenuce said:
Talisman!

Actually not part of the three that were announced at Leipzig but yea Talisman is coming to the XBLA, PSN and PC via Capcom Digital I believe this fall.

Another digital board game(s) to note is Spyglass Board Games by Freeverse, which will finally bring some of the all time classics like Chess and Reversi to the service.

Photon

Or you can play Settlers, Carcassonne (with expansions), and a ton of other great games at www.brettspielwelt.de. There is some German, but it's mostly translated into English. Just be sure to click on the British flag.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
WTF? I just got done messing around with Forza and went to the dash, Carcassonne was advertised in the box between "Chat and IM" and "Open Tray", so I clicked it and am downloading the trial, thing is I can't find it on the proper marketplace sections and there isn't an option to buy it outright...

I also found the ad in the Xbox Live Arcade section...

45.67 MB

Once I downloaded the whole thing the option to buy it can be found when you choose "Unlock full game", so go get it early...

Pastry

Banned
It's not showing the ad for me and it's not listed on the XBLA list so I guess I'll have to wait until tommorow :(

Uncle

FFChris said:
This Talisman? Here

If so, this looks like exactly the kind of game I want to play on XBL! Fantasy role-playing card game, awesome!

Wow, what a coincidence. Just the other day, I was wondering what the name of this game was. Man, I played the shit out of this game at my friends house as a kid. So awesome.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
coldvein said:
where the **** is bomberman?

seriously now
Every XBLA release has been notbomberman for me for awhile. And I'm usually really open to niche games. :/

Well, I'll try the demo at least. I still think someone should port Stratego.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Holy Order Sol said:
Playing something called "Carcassonne" feels a bit embarrassing. :lol
I'll give it a shot though.

Isn't Carcassone a city in France? What is so embarrassing?

Top Bottom