• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So how hyped are you with Phoenix Wright 3? JP VERSION SHIPPING NOW

Me, I'm hyped total. I've begin my ritual of playing through my currently-owned Phoenix Wright games - Tomorrow, I'll begin on my fourteenth playthrough of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and my sixth playthrough of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All :D

So 24 days left until Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations - can't wait!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
firex said:
Seriously, I'm considering freezing myself until it comes out after this latest delay.

Go ahead. Do it. I heard it worked really good for this one little chubby fat kid.

clav

I'll be ready when it's the night before.

I already beat the first case though one year ago from the GBA fan translation.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I am so hyped I have the JPN version on the most expensive package from Play-Asia and I NEVER EVER go on anything but the cheapest shipping.

I am so hyped I ordered two copies of the game for the USA release to support the franchise, one will be mine and the other will go to my brother.

Basically, I am very hyped because it is considered the best in the series and I want more damn Ace Attorney games.

Hcoregamer00

ShockingAlberto said:
Man, when you two post next to each other, it's like synergy.

I'd join in, but Hcoregamer has my favorite. :p

It works because even if we have similar tastes we tend to be on opposite sides, like rivals.

Our avatars work well :D

Hcoregamer00

Pureauthor said:
A falcon punch to the gut.

AND THEN WE BURN YOU

I got the torch, you grab the gasoline

torches.jpg

Tain

omfg I can't wait.

I remember people saying that the import was cheaper at release, last time around. Doesn't sound like there's much of a reason to wait.

Finally got my hands on a cheap copy of Justice for All. But I'll definitely be there day one for Trials and Tribulations. My appetite is most definitely whetted.

Hcoregamer00

Tain said:
omfg I can't wait.

I remember people saying that the import was cheaper at release, last time around. Doesn't sound like there's much of a reason to wait.

There is one I could think of.

Bad USA sales = No more USA releases

More people that import means less USA sales, and we don't want to go down that slippery slope again.

Hate to be a party pooper but I'll probably pass on this one. I got Phoenix Wright: Justice For All and I'm having a hard time getting into it. The sequences outside of the courtroom feel like a chore, I don't really care for all the character history (especially since this is my first game in the series) and for whatever reason it really bothers me that the judge is so easily intimidated by the prosecutors. The psychic elements also seem really bizarre and out of place.

I do love the look and humor of the game, but I guess it's just not a series for me.

Hcoregamer00 said:
There is one I could think of.

Bad USA sales = No more USA releases

More people that import means less USA sales, and we don't want to go down that slippery slope again.
GS4's already been confirmed for here, hasn't it?

I mean, they're taking it to Europe. It's not like they'll just say "**** America, they didn't appreciate the third game enough."

Hcoregamer00

Mariah Carey said:
Hate to be a party pooper but I'll probably pass on this one. I got Phoenix Wright: Justice For All and I'm having a hard time getting into it. The sequences outside of the courtroom feel like a chore, I don't really care for all the character history (especially since this is my first game in the series) and for whatever reason it really bothers me that the judge is so easily intimidated by the prosecutors. The psychic elements also seem really bizarre and out of place.

I do love the look and humor of the game, but I guess it's just not a series for me.

That tends to happen if you view the series as a "real court simulator" instead of a Visual Novel that entertains through the humor and well written dialogue. From the outset of the first game, the series makes no bones about it.

The focus is less on the courtroom and giving an authentic courtroom experience than on focusing on the drama behind the scenes and the main storylines and character interaction. If you focus on that mindset, then maybe you will enjoy the game much more than you do right now.

ShockingAlberto said:
GS4's already been confirmed for here, hasn't it?

I mean, they're taking it to Europe. It's not like they'll just say "**** America, they didn't appreciate the third game enough."

Something as Niche as Phoenix Wright needs all the sales they can get, and as more popular franchises like Tales have shown us, we may not get the next game even if it is better because the previous one sold horribly.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
After this Comic-Con weekend, I'm SUPER HYPED...

Got these signed by Minae Matsukawa :)

925353789_8bb7a2662b.jpg

Got a few posters for the upcoming game too...

Hcoregamer00

Scalpel Knight said:
I can't wait for this game. I'll be importing it, especially after that delay.

Considering that the games are Delayed for no apparent reason not once, but twice. I am starting to think that this is Capcom's way of marketing the Ace Attorney franchise.

"Oops, the game got delayed. I guess the hardcore fans have to pick up the Japanese version. Then when they beat it they tell everyone how awesome it is. Then the USA release is mysteriously out there so that it can capture the buzz."

Thankfully this is the last of the remakes and from the fourth game onwards this dual language issue will be out of the way.

jvalioli

MarkMan said:
After this Comic-Con weekend, I'm SUPER HYPED...

Got these signed by Minae Matsukawa :)

925353789_8bb7a2662b.jpg

Got a few posters for the upcoming game too...
I've seen your pick-up posts, you have enough stuff as it is. Just send those signed copies over to my house.

Hcoregamer00 said:
Something as Niche as Phoenix Wright needs all the sales they can get, and as more popular franchises like Tales have shown us, we may not get the next game even if it is better because the previous one sold horribly.
Well, I mean, if it's getting released in Europe, it's getting released in English. I can't see them just not bringing it to America.

And even if they're not, uh...import from Europe.

Fabiollo

Totally hyped. Way more hyped then for Apollo Justice. I've already preordered my copy (the japanese one has english, hasn't it?).

Hcoregamer00

ShockingAlberto said:
Well, I mean, if it's getting released in Europe, it's getting released in English. I can't see them just not bringing it to America.

And even if they're not, uh...import from Europe.

Well, as one of the "original adopters" of Phoenix Wright when it was quietly released in October 2005 and sold a miserable 18,000 copies the first 3 months it came out. Only to have the next two games announced for a Cell Phone release, with them changing their minds as the series slowly inched to 100,000 you bet I am a little paranoid about the series' future sales.

Ace Attorney 4 will definitely have a USA release, but there is nothing that says that they will stop at that once the sales are horrible and we don't get Western releases of Gyakuten Saiban 5 and Gyakuten Saiban 6 .

Fabiollo said:
Totally hyped. Way more hyped then for Apollo Justice.

From what I heard Ace Attorney 4 will be a disappointment, especially after AA3. Of course, that by no means shows us that AA5 and the inevitable AA6 will be disappointments.

Top Bottom