• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Heavenly Sword gameplay screenshots

131232327220070818115651.jpg

111428559320070818115652.jpg

201520176220070818115652.jpg

28129611220070818115653.jpg

69160043820070818115653.jpg

2 Cutscene screenshots

http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/153088315720070818115651.jpg
http://www.enregistrersous.com/images/19442321920070818115651.jpg

oldboy1

Banned
Regarding the second & third shots, can you attack the bad guys whilst they're on the higher ground or do you have to wait for them to jump down to beat them down?

Looks fantastic by the way.

Aalyx

There is a V-Sync tear in that 3rd screenshot. (Bottom 1/3 of picture)

After playing the demo though I know it's an incredible looking game.

pswii60

201520176220070818115652.jpg

Ahem..

I think it's safe to say that tearing is still in the game.

Or is it just a fucked up screenshot.

Lots of blood though, nice.

gcubed

A2D said:
There is a V-Sync tear in that 3rd screenshot. (Bottom 1/3 of picture)

After playing the demo though I know it's an incredible looking game.

the demo was near unplayable with how bad the tearing was. From teh gameplay movies on gametrailers it looks like most of it was cleaned up. *crosses fingers*

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Game looks amazing. Yet I got to play the demo a few days ago and the fighting didn't do that much for me honestly. Also, shortest demo ever?

pswii60

Darunia said:
Game looks amazing. Yet I got to play the demo a few days ago and the fighting didn't do that much for me honestly. Also, shortest demo ever?

Wow, welcome to last month! Yes, shortest demo ever, or at least on a par with the Blacksite demo.

Darunia said:

The combat system is actually what has me most interested, you can't just button mash (well, you can to an extent but that makes it rather pointless and boring).

This is one of those games that if you actually learn all the combos and moves and understand how to exploit them in battle, you will look like Jesus while playing the game.

Mmmkay

Shadowmap resolution finally looks nice. I assume these are unauthorised captures from the review code (so they may disappear or something), since I heard some reviewers recently got theirs.

tha_con

Banned
pswii60 said:
Ahem..

I think it's safe to say that tearing is still in the game.

Or is it just a fucked up screenshot.

Lots of blood though, nice.

Game will suck.

On a serious note, does it really matter? Was God of War 2 any less of a game because it had tearing?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
antiloop said:
Is this a troll? Just wondering. Kinda hard to judge. :p

Christ man people have gotten paranoid lately. Just saying the demo didn't do that much for me. I'm sure the gameplay variation will be there in the final product. What I thought was that the demo didn't offer you enough time to get a solid impression of the battle system.

But yeah the facial animation and cutscenes in the game are really something else.

pswii60

gcubed said:
the demo was near unplayable with how bad the tearing was.

Not really, the tearing was only really bad at the top of the cliff and there wasn't any gameplay at that point. As soon as you get down to the arenas, the tearing isn't really noticeable.

tha_con said:
Game will suck.

On a serious note, does it really matter? Was God of War 2 any less of a game because it had tearing?

Did I say the game will fucking suck? I was just pointing out that it is obviously still an issue to those who would want to know. And I am currently play GoW2 on PS3, upscaled and with no tearing :)

deepbrown

pswii60 said:
Not really, the tearing was only really bad at the top of the cliff and there wasn't any gameplay at that point. As soon as you get down to the arenas, the tearing isn't really noticeable.

Did I say the game will fucking suck? I was just pointing out that it is obviously still an issue to those who would want to know. And I am currently play GoW2 on PS3, upscaled and with no tearing :)

The tearing didn't exist except at the top of the rope.

Chao

Just two complaints:

1-Please, turn on the AF, thx
2-Nariko's hair still looks like shit, although it moves wonderfully.

VonGak!

Banned
Chao said:
Just two complaints:

1-Please, turn on the AF, thx
2-Nariko's hair still looks like shit, although it moves wonderfully.

Huh, HS got as much AF as most other top teir titles if not more. :|

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Man, if the framerate in the demo wasn't so piss poor, I'd be so much more excited. I really hope it's true that they've addressed it...

VonGak!

Banned
dark10x said:
Man, if the framerate in the demo wasn't so piss poor, I'd be so much more excited. I really hope it's true that they've addressed it...

dark10x
60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps 60 fps
(Today, 03:05 PM)
Reply | Quote

You wanted me to do this. :D

God you people must look so frickin closely at games. I have played a lot of games in my time on several platforms and like to think I know a good one when I see one, and never in my life have noticed screen tearing...

I played this demo and all I know is I wanted more.

SealSqueal said:
God you people must look so frickin closely at games. I have played a lot of games in my time on several platforms and like to think I know a good one when I see one, and never in my life have noticed screen tearing...

I played this demo and all I know is I wanted more.

Ive only really noticed it oblivion Ps3, but even then it doesnt really affect the gameplay

SealSqueal said:
Problem is, once the genie is out of the bottle it's never going back in. I never used to notice tearing at all, then one day I did and it ruins games for me. =(

Top Bottom