• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No one playing Phoenix Wright 3?

I have my copy from Japan.
Yes the English translation is there.
Yes the game is awesome.
Yes the music has improved.

First case
you defend Phoenix as Mia, its set in the past obviously. Love the "we all know whose milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" joke when Payne and the Judge gush over Phoenix 's girlfriend!

Cruceh

Banned
darthbane2k said:
I have my copy from Japan.
Yes the English translation is there.
Yes the game is awesome.
Yes the music has improved.

First case
you defend Phoenix as Mia, its set in the past obviously. Love the "we all know whose milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" joke when Payne and the Judge gush over Phoenix 's girlfriend!
O GOD
/heads to play-asia

Shahadan

Im at the beginning of the 3rd case. Love it so far. The cases (even the first ) have the same density and the evilgeniusofcrime-ness than previous games last case.
(but of course no one can approach the pure awesomeness of PW2 last case)

Lot of humor and pop culture references as usual and we all love it, go buy it, why are you still here damnit !

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
This game needs more trials and less tribulations. The investigation parts suck as always and the fucking lame psy-locks are back... I've only just started the 2nd case (1st one was great as always), so maybe I'm wrong and there's more courtroom action, let's hope I am :(. Oh please don't let this be like JFA...

eXistor

I'm waiting for the US release to prevent the series from staying in Japan. Though I'm pretty sure GS4 was already announced for stateside release (or was this a dream?).

ShinNL

!@#%!^%$#$^%# I totally forgot to order it!!!

DOH

*surfs to PA*

*cries*

Edit: Ordered ._.
Edit 2: Shipped ^-^

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got it. It's great. It's more of the same recycled visuals over and over again as expected, but it's great. The music seems better than PS2 so far, but still not up to PW1 standards.

painey

just like the CSI games, the last case always brings a previous case into the picture which i love, but I thought PW2 was certainly not as good as PW1 when it came to cases.. im not a fan of the whole spirit medium thing.. i like the cases that are "real" if you know what i mean. I should get PW3 this weekend and i look forward to it :D

JavaMava said:
I loved the first, was disapointed by the second. I think I made it to the 3rd case. The circus one.

That's like nibbling a chocolate eclair and stopping just shy of the sweet gooey chocolate centre!

Play the 4th case. You owe it to yourself to do so.

Kabouter

painey said:
just like the CSI games, the last case always brings a previous case into the picture which i love, but I thought PW2 was certainly not as good as PW1 when it came to cases.. im not a fan of the whole spirit medium thing.. i like the cases that are "real" if you know what i mean. I should get PW3 this weekend and i look forward to it :D
Hope CSI: Hard Evidence is a little more unpredictable than it's predecessors were though.

I'm waiting for the NA release. I'm likely not going to play it until after Xmas anyway, and at least a few of us have to make the sacrifice to make sure Capcom keeps releasing them here. I can easily make that sacrifice, so I do.

ex0du5

Banned
Maybe I should pick one of these titles up.

I'm seriously thinking that I'll pick this up, and it's going to be a non-challenging point-and-click storyline that is just going to last 5 hours...am I wrong?

ex0du5 said:

I'm seriously thinking that I'll pick this up, and it's going to be a non-challenging point-and-click storyline that is just going to last 5 hours...am I wrong?
I can't speak for the third one, but the first one is probably about 15-20 hours at least. The last case is probably more than five hours in that one. The second one seemed shorter, maybe 12-15 hours?

As for the challenge, it's like most adventure games...if you tinker around enough, you'll always find the way through. What really makes the games is the courtroom battles, although they're not usually terribly hard unless you're not good at spotting contradictions or the solution is really bizarre, which it is one or two times.

Still, I'd recommend playing at least one of the games. If you really get into the characters you'll probably want to come back for more, and even if you don't, you'll probably have enjoyed the story/characters/dialogue enough to feel as though your money was well-spent.

Ledsen

ex0du5 said:

If it's like the previous games, it's at least double that length, maybe almost 15.

jesusraz

Sho Nuff said:
How's the translation? I hear that there are, uhhmm, lots of typos.

No more than say in Justice for All's Japanese edition. Nothing to really spoil the experience, that's for sure...It actually becomes a game in itself looking out for them (*sad, I know*).

ex0du5 said:
I'm tempted :). Which is the best in the series so far? I could pick up 2 easily, I believe.
The narrative is going to mean more to you if you start with the first one. You can jump in on the second one, they practically club you over the head with the exposition, but I think you'll find it worth your time to track down the first one. Amazon has it in stock.

thefro

ex0du5 said:
I'm tempted :). Which is the best in the series so far? I could pick up 2 easily, I believe.

3's the best by all accounts, but 3 refers a lot to the previous 2 games so you're going to be left out without playing those first.

So go 1 --> 2 --> 3.

Considering that i have absolutely no knowledge of the japanese language i am think i should wait until its released over here, but damn it you are certainly making it very hard for me to do.

Lostconfused said:
Considering that i have absolutely no knowledge of the japanese language i am think i should wait until its released over here, but damn it you are certainly making it very hard for me to do.

There's the brown button at the start screen that switches the game over to everything that'll be in the english localization anyway.

Lostconfused said:
Erm, didnt you get the memo?...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lostconfused said:
I did, but i just hoped that they wouldn't be completely lazy when it comes to localizing this game.

eh? have you played 1 and or 2? and you felt that way?

3 is awesome.. between this Zelda and FFCC my DS is working OT..

STG!

My copy shipped, that's all I know. :( Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend or early next week.

Now announce GS4 in English Capcom!

I was kinda disappointed with 2, I never even finished it after being addicted to the first game. Has anybody felt similar and enjoyed the third game?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
STG! said:
My copy shipped, that's all I know. :( Hopefully I'll get it by the weekend or early next week.

Now announce GS4 in English Capcom!

you mean Ace Attorney: Apollo Justice?

TheGreatDave said:
I was kinda disappointed with 2, I never even finished it after being addicted to the first game. Has anybody felt similar and enjoyed the third game?
loved 1 and 2 and loving 3

Ramenman

Even first case is amazing.

It's still a "tutorial" of some kind, but it's a flashback in the main story, plus a surprise fanservice (it was to me, at least).
It's also longer than the previous first cases, it lasts two chapters.

Also, wtf @
Grossberg's hemorrhoids ?? I thought his youth was all about the scent of fresh lemon !
:lol :lol
This is madness.

I'm not so far in the second case, but I can already say that
Mask Demasque is awesome. Plus this kind of impossible robbery almost always lead to a wonderful scenario.

BuddyC

jesusraz said:
No more than say in Justice for All's Japanese edition. Nothing to really spoil the experience, that's for sure...It actually becomes a game in itself looking out for them (*sad, I know*).
I don't know, I really can't remember anything of "What was the caused of death?" in PW2. This one seems a bit rougher, hopefully they'll use the gap between the JP and NA releases to polish it up a bit more.

Then again, I said that about PW2 :/

BuddyC said:
I don't know, I really can't remember anything of "What was the caused of death?" in PW2. This one seems a bit rougher, hopefully they'll use the gap between the JP and NA releases to polish it up a bit more.

The miracle never happen.

Top Bottom