• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lair and Folklore for full price!!!! Hurry now!!!

As you can see from the thread title, Amazon.co.uk is listing both Folklore and Lair for £14.95 each! This is an absolute steal! And automatically makes both games MUST BUYS... well at least for me. For what reason the games are this price are unknown, whether it is a mistake or not by Amazon, I do hope they honour their pricing.

Anyway as you can see Lair and Folklore are now the number 1 and 2 bestselling items for videogames.

http://amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=133110391&pf_rd_i=300703

I just preordered my copies =D

Awntawn

Speevy said:
Will these games work on my NA PS3?

I'm getting Folklore.
Normally would say yes, but I remember that little episode on GAF with the Euro demo 576i or whatever the PAL standard is, so it's possible it won't run in SD on a NTSC TV. Possible. Don't know 3;

Aaron

Amazon has made pricing mistakes before, and I'm pretty sure they don't honor them, so I wouldn't get your hopes too high.

I'm just glad that I managed to create a thread... yay! I thought I wouldn't have thread creating abilities..

Anyway! Theres really no harm trying even if they do end up not honouring their prices.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
I got Just Cause on 360 for £30 from an Amazon price error.

Thanks dude, ordered Lair, I might be getting a review copy from Sony, but I can always trade it in.

TheGreatDave said:
Amazon have always honoured priced in the past I think.

They haven't, I ordered COD2 GOTY edition for £17.99 with them as well as another game, they took them both off their database and we didn't get them for that price, was well pissed off.

That said, I have pre-ordered Lair just in case:lol

painey

Amazon NEVER honors price mistakes, they will fix the price and email you saying either cancel or we will charge you the full price.

Yixian

Banned
Fuck this shit, I already pre-ordered Lair on eBay and can't cancel -_-

But I doubt this will stick, Amazon will bump up the price to the real RRP closer to release.

EDIT: lol, hang on, Lair has been delayed in the UK to the 17th of October :lol I'll keep my US pre-order thanks.

Tailzo

Diablohead said:
I see people still do not learn when it comes to ordering mistaked prices at amazon.

Will they just cancel my order, or will they suddenly try to charge me more?
painey said:
Amazon NEVER honors price mistakes, they will fix the price and email you saying either cancel or we will charge you the full price.

I guess that's my answer.
S. L. said:
cancel, unless you want to pay more (you will get an email)

Ok, thanks.

I'm sure Amazon.co.uk have honoured price mistakes in the past. I ordered Lost Planet's special edition from there while the price was £10 lower than it should have been and it stuck.

Neil

It is Amazon's policy that if you commit to buy any item, you pay the price stated. And if the price goes down from the time you order, you will also pay that cheaper price.

Tailzo

TheGreatDave said:
I'm sure Amazon.co.uk have honoured price mistakes in the past. I ordered Lost Planet's special edition from there while the price was £10 lower than it should have been and it stuck.
So there is still hope?

Amazon did a pricing error on R6V for PS3 a few months before it came out. After they fixed the price they said I could pay the real price or cancel the order and didn't offer me any kind of coupon.

Yeah, this was the US store.

akachan ningen said:
Amazon did a pricing error on R6V for PS3 a few months before it came out. After they fixed the price they said I could pay the real price or cancel the order and didn't offer me any kind of coupon.

American or British? If British I guess this clears it up and the dream is over.

MrDaravon

I've never seen Amazon US honor a price mistake, I dunno if it would be any different for UK. And yeah, these are supposed to be the guides, that'll get caught in processing.

dalyr95

I'm pretty sure it'll break british trading standards law if they change the price they sold it at to you. I don't doubt they will change the price, but those who have already ordered it, should be able to get it at the price they bought it.

Neil

I just pre-ordered folklore.
I might get LAIR, even though I have no interest in it. Should be able to make a small profit on eBay?

S. L.

dalyr95 said:
I'm pretty sure it'll break british trading standards law if they change the price they sold it at to you. I don't doubt they will change the price, but those who have already ordered it, should be able to get it at the price they bought it.

"Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you."

Roxas

We'll all get an email tomorrow explaining the mistake. Its bank holiday today so dont expect anything...

Cedeo

I'm ordering, Amazon don't charge you until they dispatch it so if prices do go up before its released just cancel it.

TheGreatDave said:

Amazon.co.uk is very competitive. They offer prices lower than the RRP all the time, and for most items, for videogames anyway. I did an economics paper on the prices for all the major gaming retailers in the UK and Amazon.co.uk is by far the cheapest and they always have the lowest prices, a lot of the time much lower than the RRP.

The same can't be said for Amazon.com though, which seems to have prices very close to the RRP.

Oneself

Uh? I don't know about Amazon (UK) but Amazon.ca always honor their prices. I was hunting through game pre-orders hoping to find price mistakes and got many games at a much lower price thanks to that.

Doc Evils

UPDATE!:

btw, Godz Mercenary over at the Official forums contacted Amazon, And apparently the prices ain't a mistake, or at least thats what they trying to say
either way they said they'll honor price at the time of placing the order

Amazon email:

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk with your enquiry.

I have checked your order #026-0718689-8038857 and can confirm that
the price of the item "Folklore (PS3)" is 14.95 GBP

I can also confirm that the price of the item "Lair (PS3)" from the
order #026-5261485-4404464 is 14.95 GBP.

Amazon.co.uk always wants to provide a good service to its customers.

Hence, we will honour the prices given at the time of placing the
order.

Please be assured that there will be no changes in the price of the
items.

We hope that we have been able to alleviate your concerns.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

I ordered both Lair & Folklore with first class delivery for £32.29!

GET ON TO IT BITCHES!

Top Bottom