• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SE's dreaded Closed Mega Theater returns for TGS

Wilsongt

While I can't say that I'm all that surprised, it makes me wonder if SE are doing this just to hide the fact that they will be showing the SAME trailer as before, but with about 5 seconds of "new" footage.

Freaking hell. That's going to mean a wait of one or two hours.
shakefist.gif

Busty

Banned
This both disappoints and seriously confuses me. Unless SE plan to perhaps release some of the footage themselves after the event and don't want any shaky cam video getting onto the net, what is the point of still keeping everything behind closed doors at this 'late stage'?

Seeing as they are supposed to be announcing a new Star Ocean game I don't see how they benefit from this closed theatre.

I suspect that if we're going to see anything of these new SE games it's probably going to be at some Sony event within TGS and not from SE themselves.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Matsuno raided Square HQ and stole the trailer of course, robin hood style.

Busty said:
Dude, you know, after 2 years seeing 'New RPG' in Namco's PS3 list, many agreed it should be Trusty Bell, then it gets announced and we say, look, it is, just wait for Namco to update the list. They update it and....they add Trusty Bell and they still have the New RPG on the list :/

I mean...thats enough already Namco, I don't care if they show it now or later, but don't fucking cocktease Square-Enix-style for 2 years and whats still left...

Busty

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Dude, you know, after 2 years seeing 'New RPG' in Namco's PS3 list, many agreed it should be Trusty Bell, then it gets announced and we say, look, it is, just wait for Namco to update the list. They update it and....they add Trusty Bell and they still have the New RPG on the list :/

I mean...thats enough already Namco, I don't care if they show it now or later, but don't fucking cocktease Square-Enix-style for 2 years and whats still left...

Ahhh, I see what you mean, crossed wires. Yeah I know, I think 18/24 months is about the most any sane fan is going to give a publisher/developer before they expect to see what they are up to. Any longer than that any the dreaded 'whispers' start.

See FF XIII for details.

Durante said:
Just great.

I think I'll go join the FF13 doom and gloom predictors now.

No problem, tell everyone at TeamXbox we said hi......

...I keed, I keed...hey, you're alllll right.

Kyoufu

So is FFXIII considered to be vaporware now? I don't understand, they've been working on it for a while, don't they have anything new to show?

Saitou

Banned
Kyoufu said:
So is FFXIII considered to be vaporware now? I don't understand, they've been working on it for a while, don't they have anything new to show?
I've been thinking. What's the point of not showing this shit to the public?
An answer I come up with is that this is for retailers. To ensure them that the PS3 will, eventually, not be dead.

Yeah, I got nothing.

tanod

when is my burrito
Wow, this is extremely fucking stupid of them. Yes, your fans would much rather watch a Youtube handicam version that will be getting out on the web anyway than an HD trailer directly downloadable to their computer or console. :mad:

*head asplodes*

tehbear

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

I've learned not to expect much. You can't be disappointed if you expect nothing :p

Darji

Banned
WTF? Show us atleast the old extended trailer SE.....
but luckily this wont be the only one great next gen RPG at TGS.

jarrod

Banned
Kurosaki Ichigo said:

Not surprised, they did the same thing with Time Crisis 4 and New Shooting Game. :/

After the FFXII wait I'm immune to this shit. I don't give a fuck. We see it when we see it. Whatever. There's plenty of other shit to look forward to at the moment.

Desiderus

Wilsongt said:
Wait... Did SE even release the last trailer they showed in the Closed Mega Theater?
No, the public are around two trailers behind FFXIII, Versus XIII, and maybe three Agito XIII.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Yay! :D

Hopefully FFXIII and Dissidia are the only things in there.

Pretty sure SO4 is going to be in the Closed one. They say "New titles" which also implies there might be surprises there. Closed theatre is usually the one that gets the megatons and announcements, while the open one is old trailers and stuff that are coming out soon.

Geek

Ninny Prancer
Yay! Another reason to avoid the Square-Enix booth at TGS this year. Another masterstroke PR move.

jakster4u

Maybe the makers of White Knight story made a friendly neighborly call to SE, "We don't want two of the best looking RPG's to be shown at the same time":lol

WHAT IN THE FUCK?
WHAT IN THE FUCK?
WHAT IN THE FUCK?
WHAT IN THE FUUUUUUUUUUCK?????

VanDamme.gif

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, SQUARE?

4tsev44.gif

absolutely goddamn ridiculous. I want to kick the ever-loving shit out of Wada right now. This happened with FFXII, it happened with Crisis Core, it happened with KH2, and now fucking FFXIII.
WHY??? Grrr...

icecream

Public Health Threat
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Or it could be like it was in the 360s case, where they're just slow in taking the entry down.

tanod

when is my burrito
The full extent of my commentary on what I'd like to say about this would probably get me banned, so take comfort/humor/morbid curiousity in knowing that I'm melting down in front of my computer right now. :mad:

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Someone has to just sneak in with a camera, get up on stage, scream DEATH TO TYRANTS and run away.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Meh. Bunch of other SE stuff to look forward to.

Can't wait to see Tobal M.

*cackles like an evil movie villian*

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Pretty sure SO4 is going to be in the Closed one. They say "New titles" which also implies there might be surprises there. Closed theatre is usually the one that gets the megatons and announcements, while the open one is old trailers and stuff that are coming out soon.
:(

We'll at least find out what it's for, right?

cw_sasuke said:
will dq9 be playable as they announced back then ?
I think you're confusing DQIV and DQIX, only IV will be playable.

christ all mighty I just wish some journalist (lol) would ask them why they keep doing this! Even if they'd get the usual fluff answer- just fucking ask them!

...and the first numbnut that comes in and says "LOL, development shifting to Wii!" should be eaten by a rabid donkey.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ok anyone care to explain what they mean by closed/open theater?

And anyone mind listing what is actually mentioned on that page? This thread FAILS it's topic, it's just "FFXIII DOOMEDHDFGHJFGKJG".

Top Bottom