• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valkyrie of the Battlefield Screneshots

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Old?, i never seen em, love the Art style

1329_0018.jpg

1329_0011.jpg

1329_0010.jpg

1329_0006.jpg

1329_0008.jpg

1329_0005.jpg

1329_0001.jpg

1329_0004.jpg

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Thanks... I am really excited for this game. Hopefully it gets released over here. The shot where she is ducking behind that bench is particularly gorgeous.

Busty

Banned
Only the CELL can do screneshots.

Seriously though, I'm really digging this game. I'm not into SPRGs at all but the art style is like a breath of fresh air.

BeeDog

I like the way they render the shadows like regular drawn lines. Just like the shit I draw when I'm fucking bored at school.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Not many new screens, but they confirmed that I dislike this washed out/water colour style of cel-shading, the FFT port cut-scenes did it so much better. Maybe I need to see it in motion.

am i the only one that thinks it looks like they just went filter > colored pencil on everything?

its definitely cool, but i just cant get away from the "this is all just 1 photoshop filter" feeling...

Durante

The environments are quite bland, but the rendering style/post-processing is very nice.

This is actually a good way for low/mid-budget games to blow all that processing power on something that doesn't require expensive assets :lol

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
It does look PS2-ish, but nice at the same time. Needs a more robust color palette and some lighting.

tehbear

This game looks low res, better look spectacular in motion. If they wanted to go all-in, they should of had the balls to do this game 2D. Then it'll look like water color.

I really like the art style but the washed-out look in addition to low-res textures really hurt. Everything's low poly as well. Shame, really this could be so much more gfx-wise.

Interesting maybe it was the video quality, but the game did not have the thatched looked that the screens do... was it my imagination or is there a little sleight of hand going on at sega PR?

Pachael

I've been scratching my head a bit since it's by the 'Sakura Taisen' team, which I take is old-Overworks + other RED members who've come in when Sega bought RED once upon a time.

Either way it does seem that Valkyrie has taken a lot out of SakuTai's books: 'Alternate' reality, "SRPG" gameplay, chicks with weapons (as opposed to mini-mechs), and the artstyle.

As good as this looks I'm still a bit iffy on the gameplay specifics. Time will tell I guess.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God this game looks badass. I'm all over this shit.

Top Bottom