• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts TGS Scoop

duckroll

Featured at the Square Enix Closed Mega Theatre are trailers for the new KH spinoff games. As expected, don't expect videos until later... if ever! :lol

KH Coded - Mobile
KH 358/2 Days (358 Days Over 2) - DS
KH Birth by Sleep - PSP

From 1up:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP looks to be a single-player adventure in the vein of the PlayStation 2 iterations, though likely not "Kingdom Hearts III." Birth by Sleep's protagonist was not explicitly named in the presentation, but he looked an awful lot like Zack of Final Fantasy VII/Crisis Core fame.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Nintendo DS appears to star Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II, but its main draw looks to be four-player simultaneous play using members of Organization XIII. It will be in full 3D.

Kingdom Hearts: Coded is a mobile game, likely for Japanese cell phones. It stars the familiar cast of main characters from the original Kingdom Hearts (Sora & co.) and seems to be set between the first and second PlayStation 2 titles.

TJ Spyke

What the hell is the name of the DS game supposed to mean?

bigmakstudios, obviously they are saving Kingdom Hearts III for the Wii and putting the spinoffs on these others systems. :D

jvalioli

If the PSP version is based off of the KH2FM video, I am very excited.

Sort of interested in the thinking behind the DS title.

duckroll

Cruceh said:
lol KH3 speculation for PS3 turned out to be for mobile phones.

I've been telling people for months now, NO KH3, NO CONSOLES, PORTABLE SPIN OFFS, ALL PLATFORMS. Nooooooooooooo people don't wanna believe. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Prime Director said:
Mega Yawn
Yawn
Finally, something to buy.

But still, release a fucking console game already Square. And I don't mean Wii. Goddamn.

I don't understand why based on title alone you've dismissed the DS one and not the PSP one. You don't even know what genre the games are at this point.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
People were so sure the rumors were true. :lol

Quick, go dig up all the things I've been saying since before the S-E Party threads. :D

Edit: Word is that the DS game might have Roxas as the lead, while the PSP game is about the armored knights. That seems to make sense... more concrete information as it comes in.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
The Prime Director said:
Mega Yawn
Yawn
Finally, something to buy.

But still, release a fucking console game already Square. And I don't mean Wii. Goddamn.

Get your hate out of this thread.

A Kingdom Hearts for the DS is awesome.

duckroll

PkunkFury said:
why is there a huge fraction in the DS title??? is this a math TRAINING game??

It's actually "358 Days Over 2" in Japanese, which might imply Roxas' entire life as compared to realtime.

Good thing Square has kept KH a respectable series by now whoring it out onto moblie phones and giving it handheld spinoffs.

Flakster99

No no no no no no no no..... *takes a deep breath* no no no no no no no no no. Yes, I wanted a console version, any console.

I'll somehow trudge onward and look forward to seeing some media.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Linkzg said:

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for PSP looks to be a single-player adventure in the vein of the PlayStation 2 iterations, though likely not "Kingdom Hearts III." Birth by Sleep's protagonist was not explicitly named in the presentation, but he looked an awful lot like Zack of Final Fantasy VII/Crisis Core fame.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Nintendo DS appears to star Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II, but its main draw looks to be four-player simultaneous play using members of Organization XIII. It will be in full 3D.

-------------

Here is what they said, the PSP and DS games sound great

Damn it. I was really hoping that there would be some console game. Oh well. At least the PSP has TV out. I'm really angry about the cell phone nonsense though.

I don't understand why based on title alone you've dismissed the DS one and not the PSP one. You don't even know what genre the games are at this point.

I own a PSP (and am looking for something to play on it, other than emulators and eventually Crisis Core). I don't own a DS (or a Wii) and have no desire to purchase either. A portable N64 (bu bu bu but with 2 screens!!!11) should not be a core RPG platform in this day and age. This seems obvious to me but the Japanese just buy it in droves. Spare me.

Amir0x

Banned
Jesus fuck, they had to choose 3D for the DS game. These developers get dumber every fucking day. The GBA game looked fantastic, guys! And that was GBA 2D! DS can do better than that!

Mobile game is my most anticipated game of all.

Top Bottom