• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts TGS Scoop

super funk said:
Good thing Square has kept KH a respectable series by now whoring it out onto moblie phones and giving it handheld spinoffs.
Man this is a Disney series.

Disney is the company all those other companies look up to when they want to see how to whore things out right.

traveler

Not Wario
SolidSnakex said:
I'd imagine the PSP version would be best because it's likely oging ot be the one Nomura is working on given that its the one that appeared in the FM trailer.

Does not compute.

Amir0x

Banned
well anyway when we saw these kingdom hearts bonus trailers at the end of KH2 and KH:FM+, wasn't it supposed to be previewing KH3? I mean they made that shit look epic...

...but they just made it into portable sidestories? What will KH3 be about then?

I'm really looking forward to the DS game. Though the fact that it is 3D worries me. Hopefully I'll have a psp by the time Birth by Sleep comes out so I can have the best of both worlds.

duckroll

Btw, the story with Mickey and stuff is the cellphone game. I think it's safe to say, the screens from V Jump and Weekly Jump were ALL 3 games. Those pics with Terra? PSP. Roxas and Axel? DS. Mickey and Sora? Mobile.

Scribble

Amir0x said:
well anyway when we saw these kingdom hearts bonus trailers at the end of KH2 and KH:FM+, wasn't it supposed to be previewing KH3? I mean they made that shit look epic...

...but they just made it into portable sidestories? What will KH3 be about then?

KH Birth by Sleep will probably be Kingdom Heart 3's "Chain of Memories."

traveler

Not Wario
Amir0x said:

You liked Birth By Sleep? I thought you knew better. That stuff is typical Nomura crap art design with utterly ridiculous combat for fanservice.

Linkhero1

Amir0x said:

Probably will announce it at a later date or something.

duckroll

Amir0x said:

You mean like how they showed the epic showdown between the black robe characters in the KH secret movie. And then..... made a portable sidestory explaining the XIII Org? :lol

If you think that the portable "sidestories" won't have a massive bridging function for KH3's story eventually, then you're just stupid.

ksamedi

Amir0x said:

Mario and co.

Amir0x

Banned
traveler said:
You liked Birth By Sleep? I thought you knew better. That stuff is typical Nomura crap art design with utterly ridiculous combat for fanservice.

I liked the absurdity of the idea that there was a huge massive bloody war fought entirely by keyblade knights to the backdrop of the MAGICAL WORLD OF DISNEY

yes, there is something so mindfucking about this idea that i was very curious about the direction

Kyoufu

Amir0x said:

Nah, the secret ending after KH2 was showing us The Keyblade War with the original keyblade masters, apparantly. It was set in the past therefore its a prequel, therefore its not really KH3.

KH3 will probably be Sora and Riku going out to save Kairi. Again.

ant1532

Banned
Amir0x said:

Nomura said that Birth By Sleep wasn't Kingdom Hearts 3 a long time ago. No one really knew what he meant and everyone really just took it as, the thrid major Kingdom Hearts game in the series but a prequel, like Snake Eater. But I guess that's wrong since it's a portable prequel and there hopefully is still going to be a console KH3.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
duckroll said:
Btw, the story with Mickey and stuff is the cellphone game. I think it's safe to say, the screens from V Jump and Weekly Jump were ALL 3 games. Those pics with Terra? PSP. Roxas and Axel? DS. Mickey and Sora? Mobile.
There were only 2 pictures on the V Jump scan though. Weekly Jump had a feature as well?

Haunted

duckroll said:
Don't be stupid. Nomura is going to be working on all the games. Seriously. This is another case of people NOT LISTENING. Nomura actually "scooped" all this news 6 months ago when the KH2FM+ Ultimania came out. I translated it, told people, but NO ONE WANTS TO LISTEN.

- SIDE STORIES
- ROXAS
- ARMORED KNIGHTS
- MICKEY IN THE WORLD OF DARKNESS
- PREQUELS
- ALL ON PORTABLE SYSTEMS

Nomura himself said this is his personal choice. I don't think he'll be more involved in either project. Hopefully he's not wasting too much time on the cellphone one aside from giving story drafts though. :lol
:bow duckroll

Didn't most people think it was a PS2 game for whatever reason? There was hardly anyone smart who actually thought it was for Wii..... and yet Nin haters still come out laughing at make-believe people getting it wrong. :/

jiggle

Amir0x said:
I liked the absurdity of the idea that there was a huge massive bloody war fought entirely by keyblade knights to the backdrop of the MAGICAL WORLD OF DISNEY

yes, there is something so mindfucking about this idea that i was very curious about the direction

Judging from what they did with Crisis Core, I think they can do justice to that part :p

Amir0x

Banned
duckroll said:
You mean like how they showed the epic showdown between the black robe characters in the KH secret movie. And then..... made a portable sidestory explaining the XIII Org? :lol

If you think that the portable "sidestories" won't have a massive bridging function for KH3's story eventually, then you're just stupid.

well it just seems kinda like they're intending to explain the entire Birth by Sleep story in the PSP game.

I'm sure that'll be a set up for Kingdom Hearts III, no doubt, as well as the DS game... but what I am saying is, the set up they had during those bonus trailers was rad next-gen material :(

Yoboman

I'm kinda confused. If the PSP one is in the past, and the DS one in the future does that mean those screenshots with KH1 Sora and Mickey were from the mobile version?:lol

Yoboman said:
I'm kinda confused. If the PSP one is in the past, and the DS one in the future does that mean those screenshots with KH1 Sora and Mickey were from the mobile version?:lol
The PSP one takes place before KH1.

While the DS one takes place between KH1 and KH2, while Sora was going nappy most likely.

Kyoufu

Yoboman said:

DS version is directly after CoM, but before KH2.

PSP version is set waaaay in the past, during the KeyBlade War.

Seriously, are the reason people aren't pointing this out simply due to it's sheer obviousosityesness? The DS is a cartridge system. It offers the pixel textures of PS1 with the 32MB cartridges of N64. I know it's a handheld. So is the PSP. The PSP can offer a PS2-quality experience. I want a real next-gen HD KH3. But failing that, PSP will work.

The DS may be great with touchy-grabby "Your brain, let me train you it" type games, but since when is it the RPG system? Is not the system that is a generation ahead as well as possessing an optical disc medium a better RPG system? Is this an unusual opinion? WHY would you want an RPG on DS? So you can touch it? So you can write on it? Why? Why does an entire nation think this way?

Amir0x

Banned
The Prime Director said:
The DS may be great with touchy-grabby "Your brain, let me train you it" type games, but since when is it the RPG system? Is not the system that is a generation ahead as well as possessing an optical disc medium a better RPG system? Is this an unusual opinion? WHY would you want an RPG on DS? So you can touch it? So you can write on it? Why? Why does an entire nation think this way?

you mean the entire world now

everywhere in the world is DS dominate

Busaiku

The Prime Director said:
Cause there are lots of great RPGs already on it?
I dunno, for people that don't want both or something.

MechaX

The Prime Director said:
The DS may be great with touchy-grabby "Your brain, let me train you it" type games, but since when is it the RPG system?
Since games like Dragon Quest IX and Tales of Innocence came to fruition, it seems.

castle007

Banned
duckroll said:
Okay, Famitsu's website confirms the following info. I'm not going to translate the entire trailer descriptions since other sites will do it. But here's the info breakdown:

KH 358/2 Days:

- Begins with the ending of KH Re:CoM, and mentions "the opposite side of time, while Sora was sleeping".

- The entire game is centered around Roxas, and his time while Sora is asleep, as expected.

- XIII Org game total. 4 player multiplay.

- Ends with "In another 151 days, I will disappear from this world..."

KH Birth by Sleep:

- Begins with the the KH ending going backwards to the Opening. "The distant past", "Destiny is born from the sleeping secret".

- Takes place in Hollow Bastion.

- Features the characters from the KH2FM+ secret ending, including the old man.

SWEET

sounds really good. But I don't quite understand "- Begins with the the KH ending going backwards to the Opening". The story is going to be backwards???

Conrad Link said:
Didn't most people think it was a PS2 game for whatever reason? There was hardly anyone smart who actually thought it was for Wii..... and yet Nin haters still come out laughing at make-believe people getting it wrong. :/
There *were* some Wii people that hoped it was for the Wii but most knew better.

The good news is that this lack of a Wii spin off opens the door towards a main/meaty KH game on the Wii.

Amir0x said:
you mean the entire world now

everywhere in the world is DS dominate
You would have agreed with him if we're talking about Wii vs PS3/360.:lol

ksamedi

The Prime Director said:
Seriously, are the reason people aren't pointing this out simply due to it's sheer obviousosityesness? The DS is a cartridge system. It offers the pixel textures of PS1 with the 32MB cartridges of N64. I know it's a handheld. So is the PSP. The PSP can offer a PS2-quality experience. I want a real next-gen HD KH3. But failing that, PSP will work.

I think those things are quite cool, but the most important reason why I would want the DS to have all the RPGs is that i dont want to buy a PSP.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
The Prime Director said:

Not to burst your bubble, but there are DS games with 256 MB cartridges. The first game that will use it is Mistwalker's ASH (Archaic Sealed Heat). I agree with you there that it has ugly ass PSX level 3D, but it is better than the foggy graphics of the N64. Especially since the console have the ability to do gorgeous 2D graphics.

ant1532

Banned
Those screenshots from earlier shouldn't be from the DS or PSP game since the wone with Roxas had graphics superior too DS and it didn't look like an FMV and the one with Sora and Mickey don't fit in either game.

The Prime Director said:

Awesome post here. Good job disregarding load times and battery life, since neither is critical to enjoying an RPG. Sure PSP has the potential to offer a better conventional experience but I think your issue lies outside of RPGs anyway.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
ant1532 said:
Those screenshots from earlier shouldn't be from the DS or PSP game since the wone with Roxas had graphics superior too DS and it didn't look like an FMV and the one with Sora and Mickey don't fit in either game.

Mobile obvisouly

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The Prime Director said:

Maybe once you're a millionaire from selling your live-action Halo and DBZ movie concepts your money will be able to make the DS disappear.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Busaiku said:
Cause there are lots of great RPGs already on it?
I dunno, for people that don't want both or something.

The DS has the best RPG lineup of the current generation of consoles and more and more games seem to be announced every day that makes the lineup even better.

Top Bottom