• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts TGS Scoop

neptunes

wait a sec, if the DS and the mobile phone game take place between KH1 and KH2, then where does that leave chain of memories?

Do they all take place at alternate times between that little space of time?

duckroll

Kyoufu said:
Ah okay, that makes more sense.

The Org. XIII members are really awesome to fight against in KH2 FM+, playing as them will be fun, but I must admit I'm not the biggest Roxas fan, he looks like an american rich kid :(

Yeah, I think the multiplay elements with Org XIII members could turn out really fun. Unless it's WFO I probably won't get to try it out though.

Someone just posted on 2ch that the DS game is being co-developed by Hand (Chocobo Tales) and the PSP game is being developed by the Crisis Core team. Could be possible, but this is by no means a confirmation.

Edit: http://www.square-enix.com/jp/company/j/news/2007/download/20070920_49.pdf

And it's confirmed. Hand is developing the DS game. :D

exarkun

TGS is almost making me physically sick. WHY WHY WHY do they have to be on the ds and psp (and the phone? wtf? whos gonna buy that? where are the controls?). I mean chain of memories was really fun, but now I just want to see them in the big screen. I'll most likely get the games but with this and sony's choke, Im kinda disappointed. Ok, with that out of the system, Im really excited to find out about roxas and org13 and the psp game too. Yea i'll love them but still, handhelds again? And I agree with Am about the keyblade wars. It looked really intriguing.

neptunes said:
wait a sec, if the DS and the mobile phone game take place between KH1 and KH2, then where does that leave chain of memories? this is kind of confusing
Roughly a year passed between Chain of Memories and KH2. A significant amount of time is unaccounted for.

If the shots showing Mickey and Sora really are the Mobile version then holy fucking hell does that look amazing.

I admit that Terra does look an awful lot like Zack but anyone who's played KH2FM+ and fought the L.S. knows whats going on with his arm in the screenshot lol

And whoever hates on Re:COM or COM and claims to be a KH fan obviously is a fucking moron because the story explained in that game was absolutely fantastic.

What troubles me most is the DS title. We're all quite aware that Org. XIII is gone, save maybe
(Zexion?)
and unless there is some serious story filling, it doesn't really look like a significant title. Sorta like when Square Enix said "look FF for another system, Crystal Chronicles," and well yeah...

Oh and I can assure you, without a shadow of a doubt, may I be permaban'd if Im wrong, Kingdom Hearts III, THE third official continuation of the series is NOT going to be a Wii game.

Though I imagine in some fashion the Wii will get a KH game eventually.

^^^^^^
The most overtly "dorky" post I've ever done in my life >.<!

MechaX

duckroll said:
You know what? I'll bite.

Please inform me on how this is a good thing in comparison of the PSP game being handled by a pretty meaty division.

duckroll

Crap! The director of Crisis Core is working on the MOBILE PHONE GAME!

Nomura is directing all 3 games, the co-director for the PSP version is the director of KH Re:CoM I believe. Gotta check the credits, brb.

Ponn

Banned
exarkun said:
TGS is almost making me physically sick. WHY WHY WHY do they have to be on the ds and psp (and the phone? wtf? whos gonna buy that? where are the controls?). I mean chain of memories was really fun, but now I just want to see them in the big screen. I'll most likely get the games but with this and sony's choke, Im kinda disappointed. Ok, with that out of the system, Im really excited to find out about roxas and org13 and the psp game too. Yea i'll love them but still, handhelds again? And I agree with Am about the keyblade wars. It looked really intriguing.

I'm totally blaming Square spreading themselves way to fucking thin. There is absolutely no need for this FFXIII versus and it should be shit canned. As it is that whole clusterfuck is tying Square up well into 2009.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
exarkun said:

For handheld console owners, this TGS is starting off to a glorious foot.

Hopefully Thursday and Friday wont disappoint.

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days for Nintendo DS appears to star Roxas from Kingdom Hearts II, but its main draw looks to be four-player simultaneous play using members of Organization XIII. It will be in full 3D.

Play as Org. XIII?

SOLD. DAY ONE.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
ShockingAlberto said:
I got news for you.

Just because you glue horns on it and call it a bull doesn't mean it's not a cow.

o-rly.jpg

Yes, yes it is!

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Amir0x said:
why would you even care about which pushes the awful story further more? It's like arguing which totally fucking absurd 9/11 conspiracy theory is the most insane!

The point is the PSP version will look better, and therefore automatically be better, since this series is about fanservice. The game that better delivers good looking fanservice is automatically the winner.
I don't know... The fact that I enjoy video games makes me think wether its fun or not should factor in somehow... maybe I'm just stupid...

I'm a little scared of 3D DS, but the DS game's premise is really neat.
Do I get banned from GAF if I just wait till the games are out before declaring a winner? Are we alowed to do that?:lol

XHitoshuraX said:
If the shots showing Mickey and Sora really are the Mobile version then holy fucking hell does that look amazing.

I admit that Terra does look an awful lot like Zack but anyone who's played KH2FM+ and fought the L.S. knows whats going on with his arm in the screenshot lol
It's an attack he used when you fought him. He would stab forward with it, and...that, happened.

What troubles me most is the DS title. We're all quite aware that Org. XIII is gone, save maybe
(Zexion?)
and unless there is some serious story filling, it doesn't really look like a significant title. Sorta like when Square Enix said "look FF for another system, Crystal Chronicles," and well yeah...
From the screen shown, Roxas is introduced some time before the Castle Oblivion incident. Even after that, we're left with, what, seven other Org. members? Should be enough to carry the game from Roxas side (assuming they make other characters, it really depends on what Roxas does).

TreIII

duckroll said:

Ah, so it's NOT Jupiter, eh? Guess they must be off doing something else...

But in any case, interest level + 10, if only because Hand probably could stand to do something truly unique with this game. Still going to be kind of lame if it all just ends with it being "LOL, you still didn't do anything really all that important, because you can't avoid what's going to happen in the future".

Kyoufu

neptunes said:
wait a sec, if the DS and the mobile phone game take place between KH1 and KH2, then where does that leave chain of memories?

I may be confused here too, but Duckroll will correct me if I'm right/wrong:

Basically, Chain of Memories was just Sora's story in a part of that year, the DS game will take place during the full one year, but the main lead is Roxas.

In other words, holy shit I'm confused :lol

TreIII said:
But in any case, interest level + 10, if only because Hand probably could stand to do something truly unique with this game. Still going to be kind of lame if it all just ends with it being "LOL, you still didn't do anything really all that important, because you can't avoid what's going to happen in the future".

Square did a good job with that sort of thing in Crisis Core.

TreIII

Kyoufu said:

I think that's kind of the point...only MGS4 stands to be more confusing than whatever Nomura plans to do with KH at this point in time. All these side-stories, time skips, prequels and such will probably do more to confuse than actually make anything clearer...but who cares. Outside of perhaps Atlus, I don't play J-RPGs for Pulitzer material, any way...

EDIT:
PataHikari said:
Square did a good job with that sort of thing in Crisis Core.

Eh, different strokes for different folks. I still really don't like prequels all that much, and CC didn't do much to change that. I'm not expecting the DS game to change my opinions either, but I'm at least willing to give it, and SE, another fair shake.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Oh H.A.N.D., well at least now we know the game could be good.

duckroll said:
Crap! The director of Crisis Core is working on the MOBILE PHONE GAME!

Nomura is directing all 3 games, the co-director for the PSP version is the director of KH Re:CoM I believe. Gotta check the credits, brb.
So the Musashi Blade team (they did Re:CoM right?) is working on the PSP game then? That would make sense.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Haha. Another KH thread, another thread with silly Nomura hate and other pointless fanboy arguments.

Anyway, both games sound great. Roxas was one of the more interesting characters in KH2, which story was pretty damn interesting itself. Really want to see them dive more into the past with these two games.

But FUCKING CHRIST, could people chill out with the OMFG WTF I HATE YOU SQUARE KH3 CONSOLE NOW.

Isn't the team busy on Versus XIII?

I'd rather a couple years go before we see anything, so they take their time. Hopefully have it be as big an upgrade from 2 to 3 as it was from 1 to 2. In the meantime, fans can play these, which sound very promising.

Ponn01 said:
I'm totally blaming Square spreading themselves way to fucking thin. There is absolutely no need for this FFXIII versus and it should be shit canned. As it is that whole clusterfuck is tying Square up well into 2009.

omg.

Could we please CHILL?

Stop being such bitter fanboy children. KINGDOM HEARTS 3 WILL BE ON PS3. (MAYBE Wii. I doubt it.) Either way, it'll be on a console. These are SPINOFFS. Everyone has been expecting another handheld spinoff because of CoM, that will help bridge the gap between KH2 and KH3.

Now we get two and both DS and PSP owners can be happy. Myself, I have both so I'm double happy.

My GOD, Disney video games are SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Ponn

Banned
omg rite said:
Haha. Another KH thread, another thread with silly Nomura hate and other pointless fanboy arguments.

Anyway, both games sound great. Roxas was one of the more interesting characters in KH2, which story was pretty damn interesting itself. Really want to see them dive more into the past with these two games.

But FUCKING CHRIST, could people chill out with the OMFG WTF I HATE YOU SQUARE KH3 CONSOLE NOW.

I'd rather a couple years go before we see anything, so they take their time. Hopefully have it be as big an upgrade from 2 to 3 as it was from 1 to 2. In the meantime, fans can play these, which sound very promising.

omg.

Could we please CHILL?

Stop being such bitter fanboy children. KINGDOM HEARTS 3 WILL BE ON PS3. (MAYBE Wii. I doubt it.) Either way, it'll be on a console. These are SPINOFFS. Everyone has been expecting another handheld spinoff because of CoM, that will help bridge the gap between KH2 and KH3.

Now we get two and both DS and PSP owners can be happy. Myself, I have both so I'm double happy.

OMG FANS OF THE SERIES NOT WANTING TO WAIT 5 YEARS FOR A GAME THEY WANT TO PLAY! NO WAI!!!

Sorry I don't have the iron fortitude like DNF fans.

sypher said:
Birth by Sleep sounds way more interesting than 358/2 Days. Maybe because the trailer was so awesome?

you continue to have the hottest guys in your avatar pix >.<

SpeedySwaf said:
It's an attack he used when you fought him. He would stab forward with it, and...that, happened.

From the screen shown, Roxas is introduced some time before the Castle Oblivion incident. Even after that, we're left with, what, seven other Org. members? Should be enough to carry the game from Roxas side (assuming they make other characters, it really depends on what Roxas does).

Well Roxas was inducted into the Org. well before the CO incident though right? I have to wonder if the game is going to span the entire period of his birth to his last "real" days (aka the intro of KH2)

Ponn01 said:
OMG FANS OF THE SERIES NOT WANTING TO WAIT 5 YEARS FOR A GAME THEY WANT TO PLAY! NO WAI!!!

I just called Nomura and convinced him to delay KH3 to the PS4 or Wii2 or the Nokia N1000 and just make KH handheld/phone spinoffs. He thinks there's another 6 games worth of plotholes and backstory he can use.

traveler

Not Wario
omg rite said:

omg.

Could we please CHILL?

You do realize you're reacting much more strongly here than just about everyone else in the thread?

And the Nomura "hate" is justified.

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Oh H.A.N.D., well at least now we know the game could be good.

So the Musashi Blade team (they did Re:CoM right?) is working on the PSP game then? That would make sense.

Okay.

The co-director of the DS game is a realtime texture art director (he worked on FF8, 9, 10, 10-2).

The co-director of the PSP game is a game planner that worked on Musashi Samurai Legend, FFXI, Tetramaster Playonline and Vagrant Story.

Lightning

Banned
traveler said:
You do realize you're reacting much more strongly here than just about everyone else in the thread?

And the Nomura "hate" is justified.
The Nomura hate is not justified. What has he done to deserve this hate?

Kyoufu said:
I may be confused here too, but Duckroll will correct me if I'm right/wrong:

Basically, Chain of Memories was just Sora's story in a part of that year, the DS game will take place during the full one year, but the main lead is Roxas.

From what I understand, Roxas' 358 days is the same time as Sora's 2 days (awake) in Castle Oblivion. Or something.

But who cares? PLAYABLE ORG. XIII FTW!

jj984jj said:
They made Chocobo Tales. Personally I didn't like all the mini-games, but at least they know what mechanics work on the DS.
Chocobo Tales' biggest sin is a bunch of dumb design decisions.

Game: You completed the first challenge!
Me: Yay!
Game: Now do it again!
Me: O...okay.
Game: Yay!
Game: Now do it again.
Me: Wha...but I want to do anoth--
Game: DO IT AGAIN, GODDAMNIT
Me: DDDD:

Defuser

duckroll said:
Okay.

The co-director of the DS game is a realtime texture art director (he worked on FF8, 9, 10, 10-2).

The co-director of the PSP game is a game planner that worked on Musashi Samurai Legend, FFXI, Tetramaster Playonline and Vagrant Story.
In your opinion which is better?

Ponn

Banned
Mr. Pointy said:
I just called Nomura and convinced him to delay KH3 to the PS4 or Wii2 or the Nokia N1000 and just make KH handheld/phone spinoffs. He thinks there's another 6 games worth of plotholes and backstory he can use.

Seriously. I only see one person in rage mode. I already said i'm just "meh" about the handhelds. Their just spinoffs and time wasters. The only thing i'm peeved about is Nomura being tied up by the waste of time that is FFXIII Versus when he should be working on KHIII full throttle. The only hope of seeing a KHIII title anytime before 2011 would be if the FFXIII versus engine turns out good enough to just use for KHIII making a faster development cycle.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Ponn01 said:

Again, quality > quantity.

Let them take their time, jeez. I'm sure it'll be out in the fall of 2009 in America. Spring 2010 at the latest.

And I'm one of the biggest fans of the series on the forum, trust me.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ShockingAlberto said:
Chocobo Tales' biggest sin is a bunch of dumb design decisions.

Game: You completed the first challenge!
Game: Now do it again!
Me: O...okay.
Game: Yay!
Game: Now do it again.
Me: Wha...but I want to do anoth--
Game: DO IT AGAIN, GODDAMNIT
Me: DDDD:
*thinks about KH formula*

They're perfect!

duckroll said:
Okay.

Not sure what to make of that, I'll just wait until we get hands-on impressions... sometime next year. :lol

...am I the only one who sees why they're not making KHIII right this second?

The KH series sells incredibly well, but very few people would probably buy a system for it. Square and Disney are probably just waiting until the PS3's install base increases before they put another huge budget title on it.

Seriously, guys. They're not going to just make games because some GAFers demand them right the fuck now.

Top Bottom