• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts TGS Scoop

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kyoufu said:
Okay that scan is confusing. If the PSP version is set before Org. XIII was made, why are they in those screens? Halp.
Like duckroll explained, all three games are represented.

duckroll

Kyoufu said:
DS version is directly after CoM, but before KH2.

PSP version is set waaaay in the past, during the KeyBlade War.

No, it's not. KH2 is directly after CoM. 358/2Days is going to be the 358 days or so that Roxas existed while Sora was stuck in Castle Oblivion for 2 days. So it happens at the same time as CoM but it's much longer and more "real". If that makes sense.

castle007 said:
SWEET

sounds really good. But I don't quite understand "- Begins with the the KH ending going backwards to the Opening". The story is going to be backwards???

Birth by Sleep takes place WAAAAAY before KH1 even. They're just rewinding to show time going backwards.

traveler

Not Wario
titiklabingapat said:
There *were* some Wii people that hoped it was for the Wii but most knew better.

The good news is that this lack of a Wii spin off opens the door towards a main/meaty KH game on the Wii.

You would have agreed with him if we're talking about Wii vs PS3/360.:lol

:lol

You never give up do you?

Kyoufu

Oh okay. I need to get a DS.

QUOTE=duckroll]No, it's not. KH2 is directly after CoM. 358/2Days is going to be the 358 days or so that Roxas existed while Sora was stuck in Castle Oblivion for 2 days. So it happens at the same time as CoM but it's much longer and more "real". If that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, I forgot that you're playing as Roxas and not Sora. You're right.

But let me ask you this, didn't
Roxas leave the organisation during CoM? if so, how can you control other org. XIII members?

Ponn

Banned
Last portable KH disappointed. Wake me when we get a console version.

and by console version I mean 360 or PS3, I will take my KH sans waggle please

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
duckroll said:
No, it's not. KH2 is directly after CoM. 358/2Days is going to be the 358 days or so that Roxas existed while Sora was stuck in Castle Oblivion for 2 days. So it happens at the same time as CoM but it's much longer and more "real". If that makes sense.

To me I want to play the game just because I avoided CoM like the plague because of gimmicky card games so it should fill in the blanks I had no idea happened in the 2nd game.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Ponn01 said:
Last portable KH disappointed. Wake me when we get a console version.

and by console version I mean 360 or PS3, I will take my KH sans waggle please

Yep 360 is gonna happen!

PSP will be as good as the console one, most likely, plus it's a whole different period so it will feel much more fresh.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
duckroll said:

Birth by Sleep takes place WAAAAAY before KH1 even. They're just rewinding to show time going backwards.

not really :lol :lol :lol

Ponn

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
PSP will be as good as the console one, most likely, plus it's a whole different period so it will feel much more fresh.

I may play the PSP version and DS version, but i'm salivating for a gorgeous HD KHIII with beautiful and vividly done worlds.

Just imagine Tarzan world in high res.

duckroll said:

...what?
emot-psyduck-1.gif

That's weird.

DarkKyo

Oh god, I can't wait, man.... DS and PSP ones are gonna be SO COOL, I don't even mind the lack of a PS3 one yet. These are likely the "2.5" between 2 and 3 like Chain of Memories was the 1.5.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Basically both CoM and 358/2 take place before KH2:
Chain of Memories - Dream World
358/2 - Real World

duckroll

jj984jj said:
Basically both CoM and 358/2 take place before KH2:
Chain of Memories - Dream World
358/2 - Real World

The confusion in this thread makes me wonder how many people actually understand the stuff that Nojima and Nomura cook up in their games. :lol

I really think we're the only ones so far that seem to get it.

duckroll said:
The confusion in this thread makes me wonder how many people actually understand the stuff that Nojima and Nomura cook up in their games. :lol

I really think we're the only ones so far that seem to get it.
We'd understand it better if half the info wasn't put in books only published in Japan.

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm pretty excited by both games.

But I'm also worried about controls on both games.

I suspect that the PSP game will control pretty similar to Crisis Core, if not even using the same engine.

As for the DS game?

SLASH THE KEYBLADE WITH YOUR STYLUS!

Not really

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Aaaa Fuck this shit!!
I want current gen KH game! No hand held and no fucking cell phone!!!
*Kaako is in Fucking Rage mode at the moment!*

duckroll said:
But... it's not. What are you talking about?

Well it's just that this whole Castle Oblivion being in a dream world thing is just out of the blue a bit. Was that mentioned in the Ulitimania books or not? Because I do not remember anything like that in the games.

Kaako said:
Aaaa Fuck this shit!!
I want current gen KH game! No hand held and no fucking cell phone!!!
*Kaako is in Fucking Rage mode at the moment!*
DS and PSP are current gen too you know. :(

You hurt their feelings. :(

duckroll

PataHikari said:
Well it's just that this whole Castle Oblivion being in a dream world thing is just out of the blue a bit. Was that mentioned in the Ulitimania books or not? Because I do not remember anything like that.

Erm. Unless you didn't finish CoM, and never played KH2, I don't see how you can miss the connection between Sora and Roxas and Castle Oblivion. :p

Ultimania is not a novel, it's just a detailed strategy guide with interviews and comments by the creators and developers. They do this for every single S-E major game.

duckroll said:
Erm. Unless you didn't finish CoM, and never played KH2, I don't see how you can miss the connection between Sora and Roxas and Castle Oblivion. :p
Oh I get that.

It's just the idea of time passing differently is odd.

Eh it's just a nitpick and is a simple retcon anyways. <.<

Mashing

Apparently you didn't pay attention to the story in KH2 very closely. It was explained in KH2 (which also explains the events in CoM).

Yoboman

So, any chance of Final Mix making it overseas? Usually remixes don't, but Final Mix had a lot of new content

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
Err.. would that be the pretty full color book that..... recaps KH1? :p

I don't know, mine is locked up somewhere in my drawer :p

I need you to answer my question though, regarding Roxas during CoM :(

So the rumours about KH Zero and CoM2 were right, in a weird sort of way.

358/2 sounds like it'll be the KH equivalent of Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates.

Mashing said:
Apparently you didn't pay attention to the story in KH2 very closely. It was explained in KH2 (which also explains the events in CoM).
Man it sounds like I just interpreted the games plot a slightly different way then the offical way it seems. <<

Man I'm used to being the one explaining the plot of Kingdom Hearts to others. :O This is weird.

duckroll

Kyoufu said:
I don't know, mine is locked up somewhere in my drawer :p

I need you to answer my question though, regarding Roxas during CoM :(

Oh, I missed that because your quote syntax was fucked up, sorry.

Basically
Roxas was born the moment Sora became a Heartless, from what I understand. So it would make sense that if CoM's realtime lasted a full year, it was in that period that Roxas left the Organization. So it's more likely that the DS game will cover him joining and leaving the Organization, leading to his eventual non-existance in KH2. Kinda like Zack's story in Crisis Core.

This saddens me so much.

I knew about the cell phone game (which looks ugly and terrible), but they had to shatter my dreams of the next console KH?

Square is a cruel mistress.

Yoboman said:
So, any chance of Final Mix making it overseas? Usually remixes don't, but Final Mix had a lot of new content
I think with no news having arisen so many months after release, it's fair to say it's never coming.

duckroll

RadioHeadAche said:
This saddens me so much.

I knew about the cell phone game (which looks ugly and terrible), but they had to shatter my dreams of the next console KH?

Square is a cruel mistress.

No, I don't think this is the same cell phone game. :p

traveler

Not Wario
titiklabingapat said:
It(meaty KH) was a tongue in cheek statement :p

Note how I was careful in avoiding the use of phrase KH3 and the word Wii in the same sentence.

Transparent subtlety is just as blatant as an outright statement, you know.

Kyoufu

duckroll said:
Oh, I missed that because your quote syntax was fucked up, sorry.

Basically
Roxas was born the moment Sora became a Heartless, from what I understand. So it would make sense that if CoM's realtime lasted a full year, it was in that period that Roxas left the Organization. So it's more likely that the DS game will cover him joining and leaving the Organization, leading to his eventual non-existance in KH2. Kinda like Zack's story in Crisis Core.

Ah okay, that makes more sense.

The Org. XIII members are really awesome to fight against in KH2 FM+, playing as them will be fun, but I must admit I'm not the biggest Roxas fan, he looks like an american rich kid :(

Top Bottom