• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 In-Game Screenshot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

besada

Banned
Alright Halo 3 fans, let's see your best screenshots.

I'll start off with my favorite two so far:

Bodycheck!

14dlkp1.jpg

Not as sneaky as I think I am:

6pt9gh

Please try to reduce the size of the shots, and please don't used banned image hosts. We don't want to see anyone get banned for a slipup.

Edit: This is not a thread in which to discuss the merits of Halo 3. It is a thread in which we share our joyous screenies showing our daring adventures in the Haloverse. Go troll the official thread if you must.

BenjaminBirdie's Fabulous FAQ de Screenshotos:

CAN'T FIND YOUR SCREENSHOTS?

Neither could I! But just look now!

http://www.bungie.net/stats/halo3/de...er=KidInsomnia

I don't know if this is the right way or if I'm just using a work around BUT...

1) Take your screenshot
2) UPLOAD it manually to your File Share
3) On Bungie.net go to your File Share
4) Click on the Screenie to bring up the Pop Up of it
5) Click on SAVE TO MY GALLERY

IT IS NOW IN YOUR HI-RES SCREENSHOT, AND SERVICE RECORD GALLERY.

It can now be used as your Money Shot on your profile page, JUST LIKE MINE!

Wolffen

Repost from the Official Halo 3 thread:
Wario meets Halo?
WarioGasAttack.jpg

No filters, natural game lighting from inside a Bruteshot explosion:
Badasslighting1.jpg

This one gives me a Jet Grind Radio Vibe:
Badasslighting2smaller.jpg

Wow are these screens captured by gamers? They are best screens of the game I have seen so far, make the game look better than the officially released screenshots, wtf.

Naked Snake said:
Wow are these screens captured by gamers? They are best screens of the game I have seen so far, make the game look better than the officially released screenshots, wtf.
yes they are. you can move through saved replays of the game frame by frame and position the camera *anywhere* even moving it while it's in slow motion.

it takes a bit of dedication to get a great shot, but it's not difficult.

0_0!
I havent played the game yet but based on these shots WTF is wrong with people complaining about the graphics this game looks incredible.

Bebpo

Banned
Naked Snake said:
Does the game really look that clean? That's almost perfect image quality.

BruceLeeRoy said:
0_0!
I havent played the game yet but based on these shots WTF is wrong with people complaining about the graphics this game looks incredible.

Screenshots add AA like Forza and GT.

Naked Snake said:
these shots get paused and touched up slightly... which makes them look softer than the game actually does, and ups the resolution to 1080p.

however, while the game has aliasing that you don't see in these screens, if anything the game is a bit sharper and cleaner when it comes to textures.

Bebpo said:

Ah, gotcha.

Edit: oh and these are downsampled from 1080p, no wonder. Still it looks better than any of the official screenshots led me to believe, maybe it's the excessive jpeg compression used by gaming sites made the screens look not so hot.

Naked Snake said:

No, those are photo mode shots.

*edit* beaten

You guys should link the small pics to the full res pics btw, some of them look really nice for wallpapers.

The Chef

I cant believe these shots. I haven't played Halo - I dont have a 360 yet :( but this looks incredible. Whats the deal with people saying it looks like Halo 2?

plagiarize said:
these shots get paused and touched up slightly... which makes them look softer than the game actually does, and ups the resolution to 1080p.

however, while the game has aliasing that you don't see in these screens, if anything the game is a bit sharper and cleaner when it comes to textures.

But the actual game pretty much looks like this right?

http://i22.tinypic.com/i44g7d.jpg

^ another one i was really happy with.

i can't talk for anyone else as saying if it looks as good as the shots or not, because aliasing doesn't greatly bother me. i think it looks slightly better than the shots, because textures are slightly sharper in game, but all that is being done to these shots is upscaling and AA.

all the lighting and particle effects look exactly as they do in these shots in game.

naturally we're all posting things that look awesome... that might only last a split second. the game doesn't look as awesome as these screenshots most of the time, but it does look that awesome at least for a split second :)

trmas

Banned
I don't think it looks that good, but the lighting helps out tremendously. Mass Effect, Uncharted, Bioshock, and the ilk look better IMO. It doesn't look like an XBox game either, but not the best on 360. Just talking graphics, not gameplay.

Das-J

Law of the West
No, those are photo mode shots.

Still, it does look very nice. Dammit... I really wanted to pass on this game and save my monies for other titles but it looks like I'll have to pick this up!

bcn-ron said:
"Photo mode". It's not all that much more difficult to type out than "In-Game [sic]".

They're photos of stuff IN the GAME. Or is only the guy with a 5 MegaPixel Canon allowed to call his Photo Album "My Summer Vacation" and not the guy with the Poloroid?

:lol

robot

Because 2 other times wasnt enough!

117695-Full-1.jpg

117573-Full.jpg

117676-Full.jpg

Can't wait to watch the 4 player co-op we did last night for some crazy screens. Gotta find that Gold Brute!

yeah, i'd be against calling these 'photo mode' shots. all they add is AA and upscaling. since most of the shots posted here have been scaled down, they probably don't look any different to a direct capture that's also been scaled down.

so many photo modes add extra effects and lighting and such... none of that here.

Aleman

BruceLeeRoy said:

Yes, just a little jaggier but it's not really noticeable in motion, at least on my 720p LCD via HDMI. It's a beautiful game overall. The lighting is perhaps the best I've seen yet in a game.

Bebpo said:

this photomode crap has to stop. Total misrepresentation fo the game.

I really really hope the rest of the game is not like the second chapter. why the hell do we still have backtracking and cut and paste levels?

anyways best part about the game so far is playing co-op and then watching 2 of your friends go flying because a brute jumped out nowhere and nailed them with a grav hammer.

plagiarize said:
yeah, i'd be against calling these 'photo mode' shots. all they add is AA and upscaling. since most of the shots posted here have been scaled down, they probably don't look any different to a direct capture that's also been scaled down.

so many photo modes add extra effects and lighting and such... none of that here.

Except for it being rendered at 1080p + AA, plus the downscale that makes it look like it has even more AA :p

Aleman

Kabuki Waq said:
I really really hope the rest of the game is not like the second chapter. why the hell do we still have backtracking and cut and paste levels?

It's not. Just wait until you get to the fourth mission, you'll be blown away.

giga

bcn-ron said:
"Photo mode". It's not all that much more difficult to type out than "In-Game [sic]".
It adds a bit of AA but that's about it. While in play, I don't even notice the minor aliasing anyhow. (62" Toshiba 1080p DLP - component) This game is gorgeous.

Zzoram

BruceLeeRoy said:

The screenshots look like the game. The only difference is they add anti-ailiasing so the photos don't have jaggies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom