• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII and Versus are confirmed PS3 exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
soul said:
This week Nomura was interviewed by Famitsu, but no new details have emerged. Here's a translation I wrote:

· Nomura was never involved in the creation of any Final Fantasy title as deeply he is right now, and he likes the fact he can take Final Fantasy Versus XIII where he wants it to be.

· Nomura says the PlayStation 3 hardware plays a huge part in the development of both projects, and by using it "all visions can come true". He says that visual-wise both Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are superior from any former title in the franchise, and they are "close to perfection".

· As in any interview, Nomura was asked about the game's exclusivity. This time he mentioned that the TGS 2007 trailers had the writing "for PlayStation 3 ONLY". He says it's an advantage for one team to concentrate on one console, even if some fans are disappointed.

Scan

Craziness. PS3 needs some exclusives so I'm not too bothered with it myself, so... let the discussion
or lock
begin!

P.S. Yes, this deserves it's own thread.

Eric WK

Shane mentioned on the TGS 1UP Yours that the new trailers said "For PlayStation 3 Only." Nothing new here, really.

"He says that visual-wise both Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are superior from any former title in the franchise"

INCONCEIVABLE!

Eric WK said:
Shane mentioned on the TGS 1UP Yours that the new trailers said "For PlayStation 3 Only." Nothing new here, really.

I don't recall this! Hax.

Oh wait, I don't listen to 1Up Yours. I just watch the show. 1Up Yours fails without Luke and plus they talk over each other too much.

neojubei said:
lost-locke.jpg

Kind of old news.

I'm going to save this for a Zanzibar Multiplayer Screenshot. Thank you.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
neojubei said:
then again, if Halo 3 can have multiple topics, why can't Final Fantasy.

because halo is actually fun?

...though on the other hand, final fantasy actually looks good

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Defuser said:
teh moneyhatsz

And? If it is moneyhat, then i am glad Sony can secure it.

Odysseus said:
mods, change thread title to "final fantasy xiii still being sent to die, confirmed"

Final Fantasy: Crisis Core kind of gave the psp a second life in Japan. A next gen final fantasy on the PS3 will never be sent to die. Lost Odyssey on the other hand.....

Jonnyram

There's very little to discuss until the game is actually ready. We know Kitase, Nomura and co are making it for the PS3, but the final decision will be based on sales. If the PS3 sales can't recoup the cost of development, expect another RE4. It's just business, and Nomura is not in a position to make the final choice, just as Mikami wasn't.

Exclusive until it's released with sales of less than a million (Japan) then it'll be DS bound like everything else it seems.

Odysseus said:
mods, change thread title to "final fantasy xiii still being sent to die, confirmed"

A little bitter are we?

Anyway we already knew that from the beginning. Only wishful thinking overzealous fans believed otherwise.

vilmer_

This week Nomura was interviewed by Famitsu, but no new details have emerged. Here's a translation I wrote:

· Nomura was never involved in the creation of any Final Fantasy title as deeply he is right now, and he likes the fact he can take Final Fantasy Versus XIII where he wants it to be.

· Nomura says the PlayStation 3 hardware plays a huge part in the development of both projects, and by using it "all visions can come true". He says that visual-wise both Final Fantasy XIII and Versus XIII are superior from any former title in the franchise, and they are "close to perfection".

· As in any interview, Nomura was asked about the game's exclusivity. This time he mentioned that the TGS 2007 trailers had the writing "for PlayStation 3 ONLY". He says it's an advantage for one team to concentrate on one console, even if some fans are disappointed.

Scan

Good.

Raistlin

DarknessTear said:
Craziness. PS3 needs some exclusives so I'm not too bothered with it myself, so... let the discussion
or lock
begin!

P.S. Yes, this deserves it's own thread.

I would have thought it obvious that all white engine titles are PS3 exclusive ... while UT3 engine titles are up in the air (ie. multiplatform unless moneyhatted).

arne

Was this ever in doubt? I never saw any MGS type of craziness for FFXIII.

Holtz said:
This thread at least had some new info besides the exclusivity stuff. That already beats most threads here.:lol

by new info you mean standard pr chest-beating right?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
By the time Final Fantasy XIII comes out, the userbase of the PS3 will hopefully be higher, especially due to games like MGS4, GT5, LBP, etc, and the price should hopefully be in the sub 400 dollar category. And yes, I do hope all this should happen before Christmas of 2008.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
DarknessTear said:
Well this is confirmed by the chain/belt fetish king himself.

'mr. nomura, we'd like very much to have a final fantasy game on the xbox 360.'

'oh, you can have final fantasy...IF YOU CAN EXTRICATE THE DISKS ON WHICH THE SOURCE CODE RESIDES FROM MY ELABORATE PROTECTIVE NETWORK OF BELTS AND ZIPPERS! GWA HA HA!'

'nobody really laughs like that -- it's only a quirk of bad rpg translations.'

'yes...i'm terribly sorry.'

Mar

He says it's an advantage for one team to concentrate on one console, even if some fans are disappointed.

Totally agreed on that. It's disappointing when you can't play the game you want because you don't have the console. But I fully support a single platform in the dev process to make the game the best it can be. Ports can come later.

neojubei said:
By the time Final Fantasy XIII comes out, the userbase of the PS3 will hopefully be higher, especially due to games like MGS4, GT5, LBP, etc, and the price should hopefully be in the sub 400 dollar category. And yes, I do hope all this should happen before Christmas of 2008.

This gets posted over and over and over again. It's meaningless. PS3 doesn't create a userbase for FFXIII. FFXIII creates a userbase for PS3.

djkimothy

Onix said:
I would have thought it obvious that all white engine titles are PS3 exclusive ... while UT3 engine titles are up in the air (ie. multiplatform unless moneyhatted).

I though FFXIII was running on UE3 tech? When did they change back?

Barnolde

Banned
It's sad how many times they have to reconfirm this shit, give it up Xbots, not every single game in the world will go to 360.

Ploid 3.0

MassiveAttack said:
This gets posted over and over and over again. It's meaningless. PS3 doesn't create a userbase for FFXIII. FFXIII creates a userbase for PS3.

Just like halo3 created userbase for hal.. xbo.. uh :\

MassiveAttack said:
Try it in America, Square Enix, and you will fall on your face.

Japan...on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom