• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS buying binge - help me out!!

FoxSpirit

So in the past half year I only got FFIII for my DS, time to do some catching up:

So far I've got

Luminous Arc
Front Mission
Zelda
Tingle
Chocobo
Phoenix Wright 3
Sqeak Squad

Have I forgoteen anything important or would you seriously discourage me from something on this like (like SS is quite short I heard). Thanks :)

FoxSpirit

Darkpen said:
wait, is FF3 the ONLY DS game you have? I mean, there are just so many good DS games out there D:

Nope, I currently own:

Advance Wars DS (really nice)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (great)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (some ponts awesome some mediocre)
Contact (quirky and nice but I wished combat was better)
Etrian Odysse ( a timesink so deep I quit)
Final Fantasy III (great)
Harvest Moon DS (I think I somehow outgrew this series)
Lost Magic (Hrm, interesting but...)
Mega Man ZX (BAD mapscreen)
New SMB (a bit of a letdown)
Ouendan (RSG still kills me)
Phoenix Wright 1+2 (super nice)
Pokemon Rescue Team Blue (cheap n used, a dud for me)
Sonic Rush (nice)

There, my current libaray :)

Darkpen

Banned
FoxSpirit said:
Nope, I currently own:

Advance Wars DS (really nice)
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (great)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (some ponts awesome some mediocre)
Contact (quirky and nice but I wished combat was better)
Etrian Odysse ( a timesink so deep I quit)
Final Fantasy III (great)
Harvest Moon DS (I think I somehow outgrew this series)
Lost Magic (Hrm, interesting but...)
Mega Man ZX (BAD mapscreen)
New SMB (a bit of a letdown)
Ouendan (RSG still kills me)
Phoenix Wright 1+2 (super nice)
Pokemon Rescue Team Blue (cheap n used, a dud for me)
Sonic Rush (nice)

There, my current libaray :)
:lol :lol :lol @ people who suggested this game.

Personally, I suggest checking out Trauma Center: Under the Knife, if you haven't already. Its one of the first-year DS titles that got reprinted enough to finally meet demand only half a year ago.

Why you DON'T have Mario Kart DS is BEYOND ME. GET THIS GAME, NOW. Its the Smash Bros of DS, the game you bring out when there are other DS owners around. A must have, a delightful romp, a delicious content-packed game that peels out and leaves Double Dash in the DUST!

D:

But yeah, Mario Kart, for sure.

I would also suggest Planet Puzzle League. Its like Bejeweled, but better (and older).

Lobster

Banned
Worms Warfare 2.

Best singleplayer worm game I've played.

-Tony Hawks American Sk8land
-Elite Beat Agents
-NSMB
-Pokemon

Odysseus

Banned
are you buying games because you actually want to play them or are you buying them just because you feel you need to?

in other words, why are you going on this binge? sounds, i don't know, forced.

play what you've just bought, look for more later.

FoxSpirit

Hmmm, is Mario Cart DS really THAT good? My fave to this point is still the SNES one. I never really got into the GBA one... I think because there was so little point in finishing the lower classes since everything was unlocked from the get go.

FoxSpirit

Odysseus said:
are you buying games because you actually want to play them or are you buying them just because you feel you need to?

in other words, why are you going on this binge? sounds, i don't know, forced.

play what you've just bought, look for more later.

Well, honestly, it's because winter nears and I'll have more time on my hands again. Plus I simply dislike having to go to lengths to get games later on. My quest for Rviera (GBA) in Europe still compells me. And now... I have one preowned and one mint shrink wrapped sitting here due to difficult circumstances.

Plus I got money. And yeah, I plan finishing FFIII soon and then I'll be all out of games... and I don't consider more than 10 failed attempts at RSG in Ouendan fun so that's also out of the question.

That said, I should give Yggdra Union another try but... at points it's so incredibly tedious, not to mention the harsh "units stay hurt" mechanic. Unless there are some not revealed "everybody heals" events in the story.

MisterHero

I wish I had more money for DS games, because I would buy:

Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing WW
Kirby Canvas Curse
Pokemon DS
Elite Beat Agents
Trace Memory
Hotel Dusk
Drawn to Life

More personal choices:
Jam Sessions
Band Bros. (import)

And I agree with what a lot of others suggested.

Edit: Dang every time I submit I think of a fun game. :p

FoxSpirit

Okay, just found Chocobo for cheap so that's finished. So no more suggestions what an RPG fan like me could have missed?

Are these good games to get me excited about my DS? I got excited when I upgraded to the lite but none of the games I've played seem as good as everybody makes 'em out to be. Ah well, I'll probably just trade it in for the Rock Band package...

MotorbreathX said:
Are these good games to get me excited about my DS? I got excited when I upgraded to the lite but none of the games I've played seem as good as everybody makes 'em out to be. Ah well, I'll probably just trade it in for the Rock Band package...

another victim of casual gaming...

n4hatd.jpg

Caaz

Phoenix Wright 3 is excellent, but strongly tied to the first two games... you'd better buy and play Ace Attorney 1 and 2 first... otherwise it would be like watching the five last episodes of a series before even watching the premiere.

Top Bottom