• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PS3] Tekken 6 - 17 screens

snoopers

I am multitalented
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5478_en.html

1206_0002.jpg

1206_0004.jpg

1206_0005.jpg

1206_0008.jpg

1206_0012.jpg

1206_0014.jpg

1206_0017.jpg

The images still aren't in 720... The game looks good anyway, I guess.

Is it wrong that I'm more excited about playing this game online than Virtua Fighter?

Despite the absolutely batshit insane character designs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They were all posted in the other Tekken 6 topic :(

I'm sad :(

mintylurb

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Is it wrong that I'm more excited about playing this game online than Virtua Fighter?
Not really, as I've always preferred tekken over vf. Anyway, who knew that the arcade version is going to feature an online versus mode?

edit: I think some of these were already posted a few days ago in another tekken thread.

gcubed

Aggelos said:
Not to mention that they are from the arcade version

I guess this thread is meaningless.

wasnt the arcade release built with cell processors or whatever? Its safe to say that the ps3 version wont look any WORSE then this, so while not technically the ps3, whats the difference?

Mojovonio

Banned
gcubed said:
wasnt the arcade release built with cell processors or whatever? Its safe to say that the ps3 version wont look any WORSE then this, so while not technically the ps3, whats the difference?

People need shit to bitch about at all times.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sho_Nuff82 said:

Despite? The crazy character designs are what make it more fun than VF.

Looks better than it did before but still not touching Virtua Fighter 5 the best looking fighting game in the history of beat em ups.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
That other Tekken thread is getting locked if I hear another person bitch about it.

Firewire

Banned
Hydro_Alexis said:
Looks better than it did before but still not touching Virtua Fighter 5 the best looking fighting game in the history of beat em ups.

Please, the kiddie fighter section is to your left and through the door that says "Exit" :lol

Seriously VF5 is good but its no Tekken! Fuck I need coffee, damn coffee maker won't work!

Imm0rt4l

Sho_Nuff82 said:

no I feel the same, I like the craziness of the designs. VF characters are pretty generic.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
sp0rsk said:
That other Tekken thread is getting locked if I hear another person bitch about it.
Okay I'm sorry.

Hydro_Alexis said:

As hard as it might be for some to admit it given how they started out this gen, NAMCO's 2 fighters are 1 and 2 as far as current gen fighters go graphically. They really stepped it up when they needed to.

Wollan

When will fighters evolve? Still the same core gameplay since the 90's online or not. Give me some physics, real transition times between moves and good graphics that really take use of next gen to show off human skin and so forth. Doesn't necessary have to be one of the known franchises since fans may still demand the same thing over and over but someone capable, please, rise to the challenge.

h_a_t

Wollan said:
When will fighters evolve? Still the same core gameplay since the 90's online or not. Give me some physics, real transition times between moves and good graphics that really take use of next gen to show off human skin and so forth. Doesn't necessary have to be one of the known franchises since fans may still demand the same thing over and over but someone capable, please, rise to the challenge.

QFT.
As soon as they do will be the next time I purchase a fighter.

derder

sp0rsk said:

wiifit wiifit wiifit

qq qq qq qq

The pics do look good. I just my friends had ps3s instead of 360s :(

Hydro_Alexis said:
VF5 has amazing looking characters and texturing therein, but the environments are poly-starved. The Sega Lindbergh isn't even as powerful as 360 or PS3.

Finaika

AAK said:
End of this month for Arcades..... Q4 2008 for PS3.
Wth is this true? That's like a year long wait for the PS3 version!

solid2snake said:
Asuka looks now more like a slut. keep going Namco! :D
Eh she's wearing the exact same outfit as in Tekken 5.

Pachinko

It doesn't seem like they gave any of the girls Ecups like soul calibure, no sale :p

Seriously though , if there's one game that's really improved from it's initial showcase it's this one.

AAK

Finaika said:
Wth is this true? That's like a year long wait for the PS3 version!

Eh she's wearing the exact same outfit as in Tekken 5.

They said that Tekken for consoles will take around a year for release. But I think it is valid, so that they can patch any unbalances that the arcade version will have and so that they can perfect the online mode.... but that is assuming that Namco doesn't plan to release an arcadeperfect port.

camineet

Banned
gcubed said:

huh? that doesn't make any sense.

It would depend on what graphics processor the arcade uses. if arcade Tekken 6 uses RSX *then* its safe to assume the PS3 version won't look any worse.

Graphics are, ultimately, not rendered by CELL, but by the GPU.

i.e. many old arcade games used the 68000 CPU, the same CPU that's in Genesis, but arcade games had much better graphics hardware than Genesis's graphics chip.

we're all assuming Tekken 6 arcade board is a PS3. but so far all we know about it is it uses the CELL processor. now, knowing Namco's history with the Tekken series it is VERY likely that arcade Tekken 6 is just a PS3, or a slightly faster PS3 (i.e. Tekken 3's System 12 board was a faster PS1, Tekken 5's System 256 board was a faster PS2) ... going by the graphics they look like RSX-level graphics. but saying the graphics won't be any worse on PS3 because the arcade uses CELL is just ignoring other things like the GPU, clockspeeds, RAM, etc.

Geezer

Broken water pistol loaded with piss
Namco showed the game running on PS3 test kits before. I'm sure the arcade hardware will be essentially a PS3 with faster storage and maybe more RAM. The PS3 is already very capable so I don't see any need for the RSX or Cell clockspeeds to be pumped up. Tekken 6's graphics don't look out of the ordinary for a PS3 game.

Cruzader

Banned
So whats the big problem with the pics being from the AC version? PS3 is more than capable of producing same grfx and stuff, only haters will say crap. I guess ppls still have denial-syndrome that ps3 is a good machine.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Freaking hell yeah those pictures look awesome! BTW does anyone know what is the projected release date for this game on the PStripel?

camineet

Banned
Geezer said:
Namco showed the game running on PS3 test kits before. I'm sure the arcade hardware will be essentially a PS3 with faster storage and maybe more RAM. The PS3 is already very capable so I don't see any need for the RSX or Cell clockspeeds to be pumped up. Tekken 6's graphics don't look out of the ordinary for a PS3 game.

agreed.

I just wanted to make the point that CELL processor does not provide the graphics on PS3, seems alot of people forget about the RSX.

Top Bottom