• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed CONSPIRACY !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayne.S

Banned
IGN

IGN stated the differences between the Xbox 360 version and PS3 version of Assassins Creed. The differences being smoother framerate on Xbox 360 and abymal v-sync problems on the PS3 version.

IGN said:
do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels.

GAMESPOT

Gamespot stated the PS3 version was the definate version to buy. both having better framerate AND less v-sync problems.

Gamespot said:
There are few differences between the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions. PS3 owners are blessed with a slightly more solid frame rate, although the 360 version features a little more contrast in the lighting, so it's pretty much a wash. But regardless of which platform you go with, you'll have an amazing and unforgettable game. Assassin's Creed is the kind of game you tell your friends about, and one that should be in your collection.

Between these sites its VERY obvious one of the two is totally lying on the very obvious problems of one of the versions.

In the shop we hooked up both systems and ran the game during the same conditions and lo and behold, the 360 version is absolutely the game to buy. The 360 version is running a lot more smooth and keeps up 30fps most of the time. Only when the game dips below 30fps some very minor v-sync problems start to appear.
The PS3 version is abysmal by comparison, having a framerate thats rarely 30fps and having v-sync problems running all over the place. The game is very hard to follow due to extreme jumping around of the backgrounds and so on.

How deep is the moneyhat going around the different sites and how much longer before someone calls Sony out ?

Tieno

Or one of them is just incompetent at this. No need to grab the money conspiracy hat every time.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
[devils advocate]

Gamespot might not have been playing retail discs. We've heard lots of stories of pre-release 360 discs not running as well as the final product.

[/devils advocate]

Rayne.S

Banned
glaurung said:
More fuel to the fire.

Anyway, if you are so keen on the conspiracy aspect, why not post that rubbish here?

I'm not paranoid dude ... its not a life and deatn situation ;)

Why am i REALLY pissed onthis issue. Simple, i run a shop and my opinion is on one side based on own experiences and on the other hand on the general consensus on messageboards and the bigger sites.

Rolf NB

Rayne.S said:
IGN

IGN stated the differences between the Xbox 360 version and PS3 version of Assassins Creed. The differences being smoother framerate on Xbox 360 and abymal v-sync problems on the PS3 version.

GAMESPOT

Gamespot stated the PS3 version was the definate version to buy. both having better framerate AND less v-sync problems.

Between these sites its VERY obvious one of the two is totally lying on the very obvious problems of one of the versions.

In the shop we hooked up both systems and ran the game during the same conditions and lo and behold, the 360 version is absolutely the game to buy. The 360 version is running a lot more smooth and keeps up 30fps most of the time. Only when the game dips below 30fps some very minor v-sync problems start to appear.
The PS3 version is abysmal by comparison, having a framerate thats rarely 30fps and having v-sync problems running all over the place. The game is very hard to follow due to extreme jumping around of the backgrounds and so on.

How deep is the moneyhat going around the different sites and how much longer before someone calls Sony out ?
How exactly do we know you're not money-hatted to support the glory of teh XBox 360?
*irons a sheet of tinfoil*

Grayman

if we can't trust ign or gamespot how can we know to trust you though.

well i give most forumers more credit the professional review sites anyways.

kitch9

Banned
Turning off a load of options in the PS3's dashboard is rumored to speed things up.(Ticker, Wi-Fi, PS2 upscaling etc.)

Can anybody confirm this is the case?

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Jade Raymond threw money from the grassy knoll, leaving Patrice to be apprehended in the book depository, thus setting in motion the greatest conspiracy ever concocted.

I heard the v-sync goes back and to the left most of the time.

/tin-foil hat

Aaron

Did anyone else feel the Gametrailer's guy was going out of his way to avoid the problems with AC and insist it was so awesome it overcomes such trifling limitations? He seemed really pressed to make that reassurance, which struck me as odd.

lynux3

glaurung said:
Dude, your avatar...

You also have the number 3 in your alias...

Dude...

YOU ARE ONE OF THEM!
:lol

I thought it was interesting that Charles claimed the PS3 version had more resources put into yet it doesn't quite compare with the 360 version.

Forsete

Gold Member
kitch9 said:
Turning off a load of options in the PS3's dashboard is rumored to speed things up.(Ticker, Wi-Fi, PS2 upscaling etc.)

The same was said for Ratchet.. its false.

Anyway, too bad Ubisoft didnt have the power to step up. Might skip on this game now. :/

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have the PS3 version, and I can confirm that there's some tearing (v-sync issues) and it doesn't run 100% smooth all the time, but the so-called "slowdowns" are so small that it really doesn't matter at all. It's the tearing that's the worst part, and not even that is so bad.

Haven't tried the X360 version, so can't confirm wether it looks better, moves better or tears less. I only bought the PS3 version 'cause my wireless X360 controller have gone to the heavens, and not returned. I'll probably won't get a new controller until Lost Oddyssey or something huge like that. I've not been convinced with the battle mode in Mass Effect, so I probably won't get that this year.

Rayne.S

Banned
kitch9 said:

Nope, does nothing at all. Lowering the resolution isn't doing anything to the v-sync problems.

Forsete

Gold Member
Francois the Great said:
i would be very surprised if sony tampered with reviews, because they have never done anything like that in the past

Sony can haxxor reviews now? Impressive skills. First the ninjas, now the haxxing ability.
I ph34r Zåni.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Rayne.S said:
IGN

GAMESPOT

Yeah... Sony is really being treated amazing by the media the last couple of years, something has got to be suspicious. :sarcasm.

Seriously, not sure why Gamespot did that but to attack Sony for money hatting with the amount of hate they've gotten from every media outlet since E3 2005, you've must of been living under a rock.

Rayne.S

Banned
StarEye said:
I have the PS3 version, and I can confirm that there's some tearing (v-sync issues) and it doesn't run 100% smooth all the time, but the so-called "slowdowns" are so small that it really doesn't matter at all. It's the tearing that's the worst part, and not even that is so bad.

Haven't tried the X360 version, so can't confirm wether it looks better, moves better or tears less. I only bought the PS3 version 'cause my wireless X360 controller have gone to the heavens, and not returned. I'll probably won't get a new controller until Lost Oddyssey or something huge like that. I've not been convinced with the battle mode in Mass Effect, so I probably won't get that this year.

trust me, its bad ... real bad. The 360 version is in a whole different league.

As to wheter or not you can trust me... well, you can't, just take my word for what its worth and check it out for yourself. IGN in this case is correct and Gamespot is totally wrong. The PS3 version is really bad COMPARED to the 360 version.

Don't state anything on one version or the other if you have not tried both versions, your opinion is biased by default.

shuri

Banned
I'm not sure how you guys would had survived the 16bits days when ports were so different between consoles.

f@luS

More than a member.
Rayne.S said:
trust me, its bad ... real bad. The 360 version is in a whole different league.

As to wheter or not you can trust me... well, you can't, just take my word for what its worth and check it out for yourself. IGN in this case is correct and Gamespot is totally wrong. The PS3 version is really bad COMPARED to the 360 version.

Don't state anything on one version or the other if you have not tried both versions, your opinion is biased by default.
Just shut up will you. Annoying

Rolf NB

Thunderbear said:
Yeah... Sony is really being treated amazing by the media the last couple of years, something has got to be suspicious. :sarcasm.

Seriously, not sure why Gamespot did that but to attack Sony for money hatting with the amount of hate they've gotten from every media outlet since E3 2005, you've must of been living under a rock.
Not necessarily.
It would suffice to have only your head entirely enclosed in rock.

Also, the next time you abuse grammar that much, I will snarl at you in a wild and uncontrolled way.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Gamespot says PS3 AC runs better than 360 ver.
Infinity Ward says both PS3/360 versions of COD4 are identical.
Eurogamer says there is no tearing in Uncharted.

What a bizzarro world we live in.

nofi

TTP said:

Wait, did I miss the thread where the PS3 version of COD4 was inferior? I presume it's that way around.

You forgot Eurogamer's Sega Rally is 60fps faux pas too.

f@luS

More than a member.
TTP said:

First is obviously wrong
2Nd is exact, overall identical (worst in some way , better in other)
Cant say about uncharted, didnt play the final version.

ANyway , this thread is shit, if every fanboy make his own thread about his bias for every multi game, were going deep down..

Slavik81

TTP said:

A world in which the differences in multiplatform titles are so minor that most people don't notice the difference?

nofi said:
Wait, did I miss the thread where the PS3 version of COD4 was inferior? I presume it's that way around.

Apparently if you get super close to the walls in the game the 360 versions textures look better. This is how nitpicky things have become.

nofi

SolidSnakex said:
Apparently if you get super close to the walls in the game the 360 versions textures look better. This is how nitpicky things have become.

It was only a matter of time. Thanks for the info though.

Rayne.S said:

:lol Sony giving out moneyhats to Gamespot. :lol

siviak_hat.sized.jpg

eso76

SolidSnakex said:

Yeah, i remember when we used to make comparisons about more serious things, like sparks.

Forsete

Gold Member
SolidSnakex said:

No no.. you have to use the in-game scanning electron microscope, at those extreme levels the PS3 version lacks a certain form of subsurface bump-mapping, possibly due to XMB taking up a whopping 79% of the system RAM.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Rayne.S said:
IGN

GAMESPOT

And why should we trust you? lol. In any case I'll buy the PS3 version. I like the cool blu-ray boxes.

shouldn't this have been in the huge AC thread?

danwarb

TTP said:

Reviewers didn't seems to spot any differences with The Darkness, where one version ran at 560p and other 720p with AA and motion blur. Most people either can't see it, or don't care.

f@luS said:
First is obviously wrong
2Nd is exact, overall identical (worst in some way , better in other)
Cant say about uncharted, didnt play the final version.
Assassins Creed has a more consistent framerate and slightly less pop-in on 360. CoD4 has lower resolution textures on PS3 (1/16 resolution in some cases).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom