• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed CONSPIRACY !

Status
Not open for further replies.

glaurung

Right now we have the small players struggle over two different formats.

This is all mostly harmless in my point of view.

But I do not want to be around this place here when DMC4 lands on both consoles.

People will most probably simply lose it.

Kingsgoon

I suspect that IGN plays their PS3 games in 1080i instead of 720p.

I base this of the Unchared review where IGN states:

There's no doubt the game looks great and that the use of in-game assets for the movies is seamless transition,
but there's still a fair amount of screen tearing and texture pop in.

As I read the level7 review where they stated that screen tearing is only a problem when playing in 1080i, not in 720p.

And that there seem to be quite a few IGN PS3 reviews where the reviewers have graphical complaints not found in other
websites reviews of the same game.

Might as well make it a proper conspiracy.

http://softrockhallelujah.blogspot.com/2007/11/disaster-ubisoft-with-vengeance-give.html

A certain British gaming website had praised Assassin's Creed since it was announced. They'd run previews, interviews, did a lot to hype the game. When they played the final built, they finally realized it wasn't that great, so it got a 7/10. But instead of acknowledging AC's mistakes, Ubisoft got furious, pulled all ads from the site and cancelled all placed orders (mid five figures) indefinitely. A planned live interview with Jade Raymond isn't going to happen either. According to Ubisoft everything would have been fine though, if the site had just put an 8 instead of a 7 under the same text.

BS or not? Who knows. Fits with the crazy thread though! :lol

nofi

j-wood said:
I'm curious...those of you playing the ps3 version...what resolution are you running it at?

720p. It'll only run at 1080i if 720p isn't on, which is the way I wish all games would be.

SolidSnakex said:
It doesn't fit at all though as that suggests it's UBI getting upset when according to Rayne.S the changing of reviews is all Sony's doing.
That'll teach me to skip reading classes in school! :D

antiloop

SuperCat said:
Update:

PS3 version is missing the extra ending after the credits unlike the 360 version!

How can it be. The "UBIsoft coder" stated that more resources were spent on PS3 version!

glaurung

SuperCat said:
Update:

PS3 version is missing the extra ending after the credits unlike the 360 version!

Oh come on... Even if that were true, why the hell would they do it?

Shit, now IGN will print it as news again... God damn.

tanod

when is my burrito
Who is "we" and why should I care?

The OP reads like it's some website that I'm supposed to trust. Link?

f@luS

More than a member.
TTP said:
fixed for accuracy
Assassins Creed has a more consistent framerate and slightly less pop-in and tearing on 360. CoD4 has lower resolution textures on PS3, framerate is the same, but COD on ps3 has much better Aniso filtering

Now this is what i call fixed

the real conspiracy is in how anyone would give such a beautiful rich well-crafted quality title anything less than high marks. i have a friend who's a manager at gamestop (don't we all?) who was told by one of the editors at egm that ac controls like a tank, like old resident evil!?!....(shaking my head in disbelief). wtf is wrong w them? controlwise you can do everything that you could do in prince of persia in assassin's creed, except you have way more options and moves in ac.

Bluecondor

I am playing the PS3 version of AC on my Sony Bravia 720p TV. The game is beautiful, and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary. The original post makes it seem like the game is unplayable on the PS3. This absolutely isn't the case - the game is spectacular.

Maybe it does come down to playing it on 1080i vs. playing it on 720p. I can report with confidence that it looks great in 720p.

Shamrock

Banned
neojubei said:
And why should we trust you? lol. In any case I'll buy the PS3 version. I like the cool blu-ray boxes.

shouldn't this have been in the huge AC thread?

Well you can go to IGN and look at their head to head video and clearly see the PS3 running at a lower framerate with more slowdown. So I don't think it's a matter of opinion when there is visual proof of the differences in framerate.

glaurung

How the hell can this measly HD era turn each and every player into an effing graphics whore?

We do not need this kind of talk everywhere. Crying out loud here.

duk

Banned
We already know Gamespot = LOLERSKATEZ! They can't be trusted especially this man:

jeff.jpg

FFChris

glaurung said:
How the hell can this measly HD era turn each and every player into an effing graphics whore?

We do not need this kind of talk everywhere. Crying out loud here.

It isn't the HD era, it's the console warzz!

I think NPD has really spurred this on in the last couple of the days. The usual troublemakers are all out in force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom