• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

Wollan

SSbanner.gif

• New songs are uploaded every two weeks (Fridays)
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya!
On December 7th 07, a new era of party gaming will release in a few lucky countries. The rest of Europe and USA will have to wait until early next year but in the mean time enjoy what the community brings up. What separates SingStar from the pack is that it's a karaoke focused party game that uses actual music videos as it's backdrop. Singing along, the goal is to try to hit the same notes as the corresponding song. Unlike most music based games, any particular skill isn't require to participate (one might also argue that being drunk is benefitial). For the price of a normal game you get SingStar alongside with two wired high quality microphones. Having sold over 10 million copies since 2004 in just Europe & Australia alone it's without question the most popular music game in the world. SingStar PS3 marks the first true evolution for the series taking the franchise online. With the PS Eye (or EyeToy) usb camera you may record your performances and upload them to the MySingStar network. You may download and watch other users videos and rate and comment them. Basically a blogging network that focuses on hilarity and entertainment instead of complaints, surely a breath of fresh air. Also, regularly, new songs will be put up on the SingStore (separate from the PS Store and only viewable from within SingStar PS3) for users to purchase and download using the ultra slick interface. SingStar PS3 combines the game millions of people love and use with iTunes and MySpace, a new mature era of party gaming is upon us.

• Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
• Developer: SCE London Studios
• Platform: PlayStation 3
• Release: OUT NOW in NA, EU, AU/NZ (Japan release in discussion for later).
• Price: SingStar + 2x wired USB microphones = standard game price
SingStar PS3 only (PS2 SingStar microphones can be used) = half the price of a standard game
• Song prices: €1.50, £0.99, $2.49AU, $1.49, 10NOK

• Official site
• Collection of user video highlights

Past said:

34q1wds.jpg

nmwwv9.jpg

queen.jpg

*bow*

Official PR said:
November 2007: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) will release SingStar® for PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) on Blu-ray disc on 7th December 2007 at a recommended retail price (RRP) of £24.99 or in a pack with two microphones at an RRP of just £49.99.

As well as having all the great features of previous SingStar games, SingStar on PS3 will come packed with exclusive next generation online features that give you more choice and more music - as well as the chance to be an online star and share your performances with the world.

It allows you to customise your SingStar experience: by simply purchasing the Blu-ray disc -which includes thirty exclusive new tracks - you get access to the SingStore. This in-game, online store lets you check out what other tracks you would like to download and save. There is no need to put down the mic as you can continue to play whilst downloading new songs.

The SingStore will contain a great catalogue of music available at launch, 44 songs in total, including tracks from SingStar PlayStation®2 titles as well as music never before heard on SingStar. New tracks will be added to the SingStore regularly - with the first of many updates available from 17 December 2007 - giving you more great tracks in time for the party season. All of this means that you’ll be able to create bespoke playlists to suit your mood and audience – and save them close at hand on the hard drive of your PS3.

Whether you’re an entertainer, a diva, a rocker or a crooner, you’ll love sharing your performances with other SingStars by instantly uploading photos and videos captured via your PLAYSTATION®Eye, EyeToy® and many other USB cameras. December will be the time to show the world your talent by sharing your best (and worst!) renditions with the online SingStar community.

Key Features:

* Stays true to the original SingStar experience with fully-licensed tracks and videos from the world’s leading stars. The Blu-ray disc features 30 tracks by Gwen Stefani, OutKast, Coldplay, Pussycat Dolls, Razorlight and many more.

* Select and sing the songs you want from the SingStore. The SingStore will be open for business from December 7th with 44 songs to download, including great songs from the SingStar range plus new tracks from The Manic Street Preachers, Zutons & Depeche Mode. This is only the beginning as further songs will be added regularly from 17 December onwards to build the ultimate SingStar resource for every mood and every party.

* Continue to play whilst your favourite songs download in the background: now you can go to the SingStore and choose your very favourite SingStar songs to bring out the performer in you - from an RRP of £0.99 per track. The result is the ultimate playlist with absolutely no fillers!

* Customisable: new menu skins and backgrounds, plus new voice effects and wallpapers to make it your SingStar.

* Slick new look: the visual style has evolved with a new look that nonetheless remains true to SingStar’s heritage and familiar to SingStar fans.

* Same game experience that everyone knows and loves: take centre stage and sing your heart out alone, get your group together or go head-to-head in competitive singing fun with all your mates. Enjoy brand new technology that enables you to reduce the volume of the original song – if you’re feeling brave enough!

* My SingStar™ Online: get involved in the all new SingStar in-game community! Here users can upload & share their SingStar photos, videos, parties and performances. Build an online SingStar profile, rate videos, check out the latest and highest rated.

* Fun everywhere with www.singstargame.com: upload the highlights of that party onto singstargame.com and share the entertainment with friends and colleagues on your PC after the party is over. Rate performances, find out what’s hot and what’s not, and have fun!

With all these next-gen features, as well as the gameplay which has made SingStar a global hit, there’s no excuse not to shine with SingStar for PS3. It’s out in stores on 7th December 2007 priced at RRPs of £24.99 or £49.99 including microphones.

To find out more, check out www.singstargame.com

Reviews:
• OPM UK - 9
• EDGE - 8
• Games Master UK - 9
• EuroGamer - 8

Videos & Trailers:

• Latest Trailer @ ThreeSpeech
• Wallpaper video uploaded by TTP @ YouTube
• SingStar PS3 Leipzig @ Youtube
• PlayStation SingStar Extravaganza at Cafe De Paris @ YouTube
• SingStar PS3 online interface @ YouTube
• Welcome Macy Gray! (user uploaded)
• Cookie Monster hand puppet (user uploaded)
• SingStarStudios Babes (user uploaded)
• Great singer, funny kid (user uploaded)
• Chin Face (user uploaded)
• Over my head Lady (user uploaded)
• Over my head Guy (user uploaded)
• Blur cosplay (user uploaded)
• Alright couple (user uploaded)
• Move your feet & body (user uploaded)
• R.E.M Losing my religion (user uploaded)
• Kids dressing up (user uploaded)
• Lady (S)IngStar (user uploaded)
• Is it a Monster? (user uploaded)
• CyberVixen (user uploaded)
• German Rap (user uploaded)
• Italian Hit (user uploaded)
• Sunshine Party (user uploaded)

Screens:

2903422842_88fe3e2abf.jpg

2902580795_6e18557ca8.jpg

2902580961_601e02a680.jpg

Tailzo

Wollan said:
• Initial release countries: UK, Norway, Australia?
What? First time ever I've seen a game getting released first here. Btw. If I import from VG+ (cheaper). Can I access the Sonystore? I don't care about those exclusive norwegian songs.

Tailzo said:
What? First time ever I've seen a game getting released first here. Btw. If I import from VG+ (cheaper). Can I access the Sonystore? I don't care about those exclusive norwegian songs.

Hmmm Sweden still has the 7th Dec Release date, lets hope we get it then too.

Wollan

Tailzo said:
What? First time ever I've seen a game getting released first here.
4 million people population. Since 2004 about 500 000 copies has sold here. Pretty insane numbers so no wonder they are treating us specially. Also, there will be two PS3 SingStars releasing here in Norway this December (the standard international version and a norwegian hits version).

Tailzo said:
Btw. If I import from VG+ (cheaper). Can I access the Sonystore? I don't care about those exclusive norwegian songs.
No idea to be honest.

Tntnnbltn

zjwbon.png

MOST RECENT UPDATES

• (lol outdated)
  • 20th August, 2009: UK, US
  • 6th August, 2009: UK, US

PREVIOUS UPDATES
  • 23rd July, 2009: UK, US
    9th July, 2009: UK, US
    25th June, 2009: UK, US
    11th June, 2009: UK, US
    28th May, 2009: UK, US
    14th May, 2009: UK, US
    30th April, 2009: UK, US
    14th April, 2009: UK, US
    26th March, 2009: UK, US
    12th March, 2009: UK, US
    26th February, 2009: UK, US
    12th February, 2009: UK, US
    29th January, 2009: UK, US
    16th January, 2009: UK, US

bryehn

So the PS2 mics work...I think I'll import the disc only version since Rock Band was delayed in Canada, and I need a holiday drunken party music game.

What's a good Euro store that delivers (reasonably) to North America?

Tailzo

^Oh, it's that insanely popular here? No wonder all the ladies at work were talking about it. I first tried it at a party with my co workers, and they are around 30-50 years old. And you're from Norway too?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So it's sounding like this is region free. Any confirmation? And where the hell can I import this from (disc only) to America? Every UK seller I've checked won't ship it here and ebay is ridiculous.

Tailzo

Wollan : Ok, legg meg gjerne til på psn om du gidder. Jeg heter Tailzo der også. Det er aldri noen online samtidig som meg, siden de fleste på lista er fra USA. SPiller du Warhawk?

Anyway, I wonder how the ps3 version will do? Will this game actually move harware? I don't think normal people would feel their ps2 version wasn't good enough. Maybe exclusive songs on the ps3 version could be tempting?

spwolf

Tailzo said:
Anyway, I wonder how the ps3 version will do? Will this game actually move harware? I don't think normal people would feel their ps2 version wasn't good enough. Maybe exclusive songs on the ps3 version could be tempting?

difference between PS3 and PS2 versions is not only singstore, but singspace as well... which think is what will prove to be huge difference.

Wollan

Tailzo said:
Wollan : Ok, legg meg gjerne til på psn om du gidder. Jeg heter Tailzo der også. Det er aldri noen online samtidig som meg, siden de fleste på lista er fra USA. SPiller du Warhawk?
Har en full venneliste atm men skal se om jeg kan få åpnet opp en plass.

Tailzo said:
I think the blogging and online videosharing aspect could prove to be humongous. SingStar + iTunes + Myspace is pretty much the perfect party game. And possibly the absolutely strongest exclusive to have in the European market (considering it's pretty much been staying in top ten lists for three whole years now, selling 10m+ games in that region alone).

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I just want Aeon712 to buy this game so i can see him sing Maroon 5.

I also expect epic drunken videos of Wollan singing REM - Losing My Religion

nli10

borghe said:
So it's sounding like this is region free. Any confirmation? And where the hell can I import this from (disc only) to America? Every UK seller I've checked won't ship it here and ebay is ridiculous.

CD WOW Free Worldwide delivery of UK games. £17.99 for solus pack (linked).

Wollan

Initial Track List said:
Blink 182 - All The Small Things
Blur - Coffee & TV
Britney Spears - Toxic
Coldplay - Fix You
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
Gwen Stefani - Cool
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
Macy Gray - I Try
Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Ne-Yo - So Sick
Orson - No Tomorrow
OutKast - Hey Ya
Primal Scream - Movin' On Up
Pussycat Dolls - Beep
Radiohead - No Surprises
Razorlight - America
REM - Losing My Religion
Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Something Stupid
Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
Supergrass - Alright
The Automatic - Monster
The Cardigans - Lovefool
The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
The Killers - Mr Brightside
The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
The Zutons - Valerie
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
U2 - Beautiful Day
Weezer - Buddy Holly
Wolfmother - Love Train

Outside of those, 44 songs will be available on the store on day one. Also, additional songs will be added on December 17th and monthly from there on out.

What would make this full of win would be the ability to use 2 Bluetooth headsets.

That would be a winner IMO. Still, I'm picking this up day 1!!

...which is quite a ways off in the US...isn't it?

Wollan

I'm guessing February is the month it will pretty much drop everwhere else. Original US date was November 13th but like the rest it got pushed back. I have a feeling a lot of sweat and blood was spilt getting this game out for the five select countries in time for Christmas.

gcubed

so has it been announced that stores would be region locked with the discs? If i import it will i be stuck with the UK store and have to rebuy in the US, or hell, will i even get a store since my PS3 is a US ps3?

Wollan

Nothing about region locks has been confirmed one way or the other.

The only thing we know is that they have a big desire to have song licenses stretch across as many countries as possible so people can buy songs that isn't necessarily in their native language..etc if they so desire. I'm guessing someone here at GAF will have to take the plunge and find out (in any case, I would be surprised if the songs on the disc itself didn't work so in a worst case scenario you would just have to rebuy the barebone game for 20US$ or so next Feb).

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
nli10 said:
CD WOW Free Worldwide delivery of UK games. £17.99 for solus pack (linked).
wow.. I might actually do this. I found it at game.co.uk but after shipping it was $51USD for solus :( $37USD is only about $5 more than I will pay for disc only here.

bryehn

Wollan said:
Nothing about region locks has been confirmed one way or the other.

I'm guessing someone here at GAF will have to take the plunge and find out.

I ordered it. Really hope it works out. Not really concerned about SingStore though right away. 30 songs is enough to satisfy the drunken visitors over Xmas time. If DLC does work though, I'll be ecstatic cause I won't have to re-buy the US/CAN version in the spring.

nli10

borghe said:
wow.. I might actually do this. I found it at game.co.uk but after shipping it was $51USD for solus :( $37USD is only about $5 more than I will pay for disc only here.

CD wow went a bit dodgy for a month or so but the new owners are as good as in their hay day. I get all my USA DS games from them.

Their shipping isn't the speediest, but it is free.

gcubed

bryehn said:
I ordered it. Really hope it works out. Not really concerned about SingStore though right away. 30 songs is enough to satisfy the drunken visitors over Xmas time. If DLC does work though, I'll be ecstatic cause I won't have to re-buy the US/CAN version in the spring.

the drunken christmas parties is exactly why i want to order it and have it now. I guess rebuying just the game for 30 or so dollars isnt a huge deal.

where can i import the one with the microphones included?

Wollan

Here's the Norwegian hits version (which will release on the same day, 15 local and 15 international songs):

NSS.jpg

Aleksander With - The Other Side Karpe Diem - Show Radiohead - No Surprises
Bjørn Eidsvåg og Elvira Nikolaisen - Floden Lilyjets - Perfect Picture Ravi - Ås to i Osjlo
Britney Spears - Toxic Macy Gray - I Try Ravi & DJ Løv - E-ore
The Cardigans - Lovefool Margaret Berger - Samantha Razorlight - America
Coldplay - Fix You Maria Mena - Just Hold Me R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
Elvira Nikolaisen - Love I Can't Defend Marit Larsen - Don't Save Me Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman - Something Stupid
Gaute Ormåsen - Kjærlighet er mer enn forelskelse Mira Craig - Boogeyman Supergrass - Alright
Gorillaz - Feel Good, Inc. OutKast - Hey Ya! Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
Kaizers Orchestra - Maestro Paperboys - Keep It Cool U2 - Beautiful Day
Karpe Diem - Piano The Pussycat Dolls - Beep Wolfmother - Love Train

IGN reviewed it.

7.5 Presentation
Menus are slick and easy to navigate, if a bit underwhelming but the customisation feature is a neat one. 30 songs are included with the game to get you started.
6.5 Graphics
In-game, it's the same as usual. High-def and proper widescreen is supported and even older videos look decent on a big flatscreen telly.
8.5 Sound
Still the only karaoke game to offer all the original artist recordings, with a massive selection of brand new tracks and classic hits.
8.5 Gameplay
Masses of fun with friends. Head-to-head sing-offs are great, plus the opportunity to share your videos MySpace-style is hugely appealing.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The 30 tracks on the disc are just the tip of the iceberg, with 350 songs promised by the beginning of next year. The only limit to how long you play is vocal stamina.

Great OVERALL

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/837/837033p1.html

playing Rockband has made me realize how fun this game could be. All hail the non games that come out on systems that have plenty of "real" games!

Azsori

Can't wait for February, I just hope there isn't an currency exchange problem when buying songs from other countries.

And poor Nicky, now she will be stalked by a slew of Gaf'ers this December...

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
the_id said:
any other special features Singstar has compared to Rockband?

Besides being able to share your videos of drunken karaoke to other friends and rate them?

Key Features:

* Stays true to the original SingStar experience with fully-licensed tracks and videos from the world’s leading stars. The Blu-ray disc features 30 tracks by Gwen Stefani, OutKast, Coldplay, Pussycat Dolls, Razorlight and many more.

* Select and sing the songs you want from the SingStore. The SingStore will be open for business from December 7th with 44 songs to download, including great songs from the SingStar range plus new tracks from The Manic Street Preachers, Zutons & Depeche Mode. This is only the beginning as further songs will be added regularly from 17 December onwards to build the ultimate SingStar resource for every mood and every party.

* Continue to play whilst your favourite songs download in the background: now you can go to the SingStore and choose your very favourite SingStar songs to bring out the performer in you - from an RRP of £0.99 per track. The result is the ultimate playlist with absolutely no fillers!

* Customisable: new menu skins and backgrounds, plus new voice effects and wallpapers to make it your SingStar.

* Slick new look: the visual style has evolved with a new look that nonetheless remains true to SingStar’s heritage and familiar to SingStar fans.

* Same game experience that everyone knows and loves: take centre stage and sing your heart out alone, get your group together or go head-to-head in competitive singing fun with all your mates. Enjoy brand new technology that enables you to reduce the volume of the original song – if you’re feeling brave enough!

* My SingStar™ Online: get involved in the all new SingStar in-game community! Here users can upload & share their SingStar photos, videos, parties and performances. Build an online SingStar profile, rate videos, check out the latest and highest rated.

* Fun everywhere with www.singstargame.com: upload the highlights of that party onto singstargame.com and share the entertainment with friends and colleagues on your PC after the party is over. Rate performances, find out what’s hot and what’s not, and have fun!

With all these next-gen features, as well as the gameplay which has made SingStar a global hit, there’s no excuse not to shine with SingStar for PS3. It’s out in stores on 7th December 2007 priced at RRPs of £24.99 or £49.99 including microphones.

Obaid

Banned
do you think 1UP would give more then 3.5 points for this game? Seems like the game with mics is expensive, the graphics are not mind blowing, the game has the same features like it did before. It is once again expensive with mics and it is for ps3. I guess it is a 3.5 for 1Up.

Anyway i am really looking forward for this one. I will buy the psEye for this game :D Looking forward to see tones of hilarious videos :D

Wollan

Umm.. like stated, there's a handful of ultra powerful additions to this game and with mics it costs the same as a standard game. The individual song prices are excellent as well.

In any case, this is the game least needing of reviews ever (not that it has stopped the game from harvesting great reviews).

As long as there's enough interest in them and they can get the license for the songs tehre's no reason they wouldn't be added to the store.

I remember reading something somewhere that said that we may be able to download Japanese songs at some point, is this still the case?

If not, is this game set for release in Japan?

Top Bottom