• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 FINAL Trailer 2007 Thread + Lots of Media and Information

Dahbomb

Edit:HOLD THE MUTHA FUCKING PHONE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!!

OUT OF NOWHERE A TRAILER HAS FALLEN FROM THE SKIES TO ROCK OUR SOCKS!!!!!

Devil May Cry 4 God-like FINAL 2007 Trailer

Downloadable Better Resolution Feed

BE WARNED = LOTS OF STORY SPOILERS!!!!!!

Scans can be seen here

Screencaps:

979_0001.jpg

979_0006.jpg

979_0023.jpg

979_0005.jpg

979_0025.jpg

Here's the first article with a preview of Nero

New Stuff from this article:

*A new "Proud Soul" currency is added to DMC4. These Proud Souls are used to purchase special moves and abilities. Proud Souls are calculated at the end of the mission instead of Red orbs, which are also converted into Proud Souls.

*The game starts off with 2 difficulty modes: Human and Devil Hunter. Human is the toned down Normal mode of DMC4 where as Devil Hunter is the harder version for the fans. Capcom listened. happy

*Nero has Air Hike move, the ability the increase the range of his Snatch as well as an AERIAL LAUNCHER! You can perform a Hightime in mid-air for even more insane combos.

Some of Nero's other moves are: High Roller, Roulette Spin, Split and Double Down

*You can actually REFUND moves/items you don't like that you have purchased to get back your Proud Souls. Also it appears that the cost of UNPURCHASED moves goes up every time you don't purchase it for something else. An interesting currency mechanic has been brought into play in DMC4.

*Replay stages feature is CONFIRMED for DMC4.

New DMC4 Videos

*While Stylish points have always been in DMC3, this is the first time that DMC has a definite numerical system that is displayed for the player to use when they are going for the Stylish Points run. This is akin to NG's Karma runs and these will be displayed on Leaderboards.

These videos appear to be played on the PS3 version installed because there are virtually no load times to be seen anywhere. This was discussed by Shane on the latest 1up Yours podcast.

Other new stuff you can see from watching the video, like the Frost's new moves, some puzzle solving bits and Nero's new aerial launcher.

Please discuss all new things here.

Oh and if you pre-order the game you get this wonderful artbook.

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/2430901678006

And for the PAL only gamers, the Collector's Edition is coming to your region as well. Here's the cover art for the tin box PAL CE.

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/3e54ee1678005

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
*You can actually REFUND moves/items you don't like that you have purchased to get back your Proud Souls. Also it appears that the cost of UNPURCHASED moves goes up every time you don't purchase it for something else. An interesting currency mechanic has been brought into play in DMC4.

That....sounds really awesome.

Yoboman

*A new "Proud Soul" currency is added to DMC4. These Proud Souls are used to purchase special moves and abilities. Proud Souls are calculated at the end of the mission instead of Red orbs, which are also converted into Proud Souls.

So... It's like God Hand?

Nero = the God Hand
Dante = Dante

Best action game ever?

Dahbomb

Yoboman said:
So... It's like God Hand?

Nero = the God Hand
Dante = Dante

Best action game ever?
Well it's like Godhand in that you can sell your unused moves for some currency. SO I guess that is ... correct. :D

gray_fox224

duckroll said:
This is sounding very good. Glad there's an installation feature on the PS3, load times can suck it. :D

Yeah, according to this past 1up yours, the build they had allowed Dante to enter an inner environment from an outer one instantly. Awesome.

Yoboman

Dahbomb said:
Well it's like Godhand in that you can sell your unused moves for some currency. SO I guess that is ... correct. :D
Man, Nero is such a lame character. They should've just transplanted the God Hand in, swankiness and all

Dahbomb

Yoboman said:
Man, Nero is such a lame character. They should've just transplanted the God Hand in, swankiness and all
Eh.

Nero's Devil Bringer can hold it's own even though it's no Godhand.

duckroll said:
This is sounding very good. Glad there's an installation feature on the PS3, load times can suck it. :D

According to Shane, it's 45 minutes long and, while it is installing, the game goes over the stories of the past DMC games.

ElyrionX

IGN said:
Players can also replay stages to gain extra orbs and Souls, which can be applied to further strengthen your characters.

Wasn't it confirmed earlier that this wouldn't be in DMC4?

I was quite disappointed when I heard that it wouldn't be possible to grind early stages to farm red orbs in DMC4 since that helped in alleviating the difficulty in the later stages in past DMCs. Now, I'm REALLY glad to hear that the feature is not gone after all.

Dahbomb

ElyrionX said:
Wasn't it confirmed earlier that this wouldn't be in DMC4?

I was quite disappointed when I heard that it wouldn't be possible to grind early stages to farm red orbs in DMC4 since that helped in alleviating the difficulty in the later stages in past DMCs. Now, I'm REALLY glad to hear that the feature is not gone after all.
It was never confirmed, some fans took some quotes of Capcom the wrong way and thought it pertained to replayable missions instead of level design. Earlier quotes mostly talked about there not being much of backtracking in the game, nothing about the option to replay missions.

Dahbomb

dabookerman said:
How does a Pal gamer get the artbook?
Pre-order the game. It's available in PAL regions as well. I don't know where exactly but the site has it listed for PAL regions as well as the cover art for the CE, so both of them should be available in the regions.

Sounds good. Pre-order confirmed. Ps3 owners should be happy about the no loading times, as it seems the 360 will likely have some.

Yoboman said:

Gene is too busy BEING NEGLECTED BY FREAKING CAPCOM!

and Nero is cool, he has passion and all that stuff.

no load times??? GREAT news...

this could well be my first purchase of the new year... i havent really bothered with the series since the first game, but time to jump back in I think

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Vyse The Legend said:
According to Shane, it's 45 minutes long and, while it is installing, the game goes over the stories of the past DMC games.
FOURTYFIVE EARTH-MINUTES?

does it need 120 GB of HDD space or something? Geez!

gconsole said:
Spoiler alert for the (maybe) final boss appearance in trailer above.

yeah, there are quite a lot of spoilers, it reminds me of the Lost Planet trailers where they showed end game stuff in the trailers.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Its official, I am importing the PAL, NA and JPN versions of this game for my PS3.

This this this better come to NA

http://www.freeimagehost.eu/image/3e54ee1678005

This boxart makes up for the shitty one on the regular edition, if this isn't offer in NA, then i am importing.

Virtually no load times, awesome. I wonder what the comparison videos will look like.

spoon!

Dahbomb said:
Pre-order the game. It's available in PAL regions as well. I don't know where exactly but the site has it listed for PAL regions as well as the cover art for the CE, so both of them should be available in the regions.
Havn't found any stores offering the artbook if you preorder, but the CE edition is supposed to include it. I live in NZ btw.

Xun

What the fuck.

It says I've been banned from Free Image Host.... huh? I've never used the site before. :lol

twofold

Possible dmc4 spoiler follows (based on the trailer).

Do my eyes deceive me, or did I just see Nero holding Yamato (Vergil's sword) towards the end of that trailer there?

So excited for this game.

The Jer

twofold said:
Possible dmc4 spoiler follows (based on the trailer).

Do my eyes deceive me, or did I just see Nero holding Yamato (Vergil's sword) towards the end of that trailer there?

So excited for this game.
maybe, they said they'd work vergil into the game somehow because "he's an important part of devil may cry." not sure how i feel about that...
but, if any game is aloud to go over the top and do stupid crazy things that would just ruin the story in any other game, it's devil may cry.

VaLiancY

neojubei said:
Please use these [ spoiler ] [/ spoiler ]

I really didn't think I needed to because it was just a name
of Vergil's main arm
. Now that's a spoiler, I really didn't mention any story elements of the previous game. But I'll do it anyway.

Top Bottom