• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone 2 news on BETA, vehicles and Helghast

FabCam

Usually we take rumors lightly, but this one supposedly came from the Official PlayStation Magazine(UK?). A forum member at Killzone.com claims to have gotten his hands on the latest OPM- issue number 14 which contains some interesting snippets regarding Killzone 2.

• Killzone 2 also promises the inclusion of player-controlled vehicles
• Public beta test in mid `08

•”We asked deJonge to tell us a secret, “As you know,they[Helghast] are not the only inhabitants.” He won’t be drawn on whether those ‘other’ alien inhabitants are friendly or not.

This isn’t from the North American OPM publication, as we’ve already gotten our hands on the latest issue. We want to know more and we’ll let you know if there’s any truth to this as soon as possible. Stay Tuned!

Source

I'll be getting this mag as usual on the 21st (when it's out), so hopefully I'll be able to confirm this.

armubaba

I might actually have a PS3 by then, depending on how long I can hold out without MGS4(my guess- not long). So yeah, this seems like good news. Can't wait to hear the impressions from the BETA. We already know the game looks spectacular, let's hope it plays the same way.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
crazy_kermit.gif

They should seriously bundle a MP Killzone 2 beta with MGS4. Not that MGS4 needs the help, but that would push the software for that title up quite a bit, and might generate more buzz for people to buy Ps3's.

Kosma

Banned
So this is THE title for Sony it seems if it's a Q3/4 game. Hope they hire some real PR people, cause these Dutch dudes with their funny English aren't cutting it at all.

Also bundling the beta with MGS4? No! Infamous would be a better choice, help a new IP out.

gcubed

oo Kosma oo said:
So this is THE title for Sony it seems if it's a Q3/4 game. Hope they hire some real PR people, cause these Dutch dudes with their funny English aren't cutting it at all.

Also bundling the beta with MGS4? No! Infamous would be a better choice, help a new IP out.

i agree, help out a new IP. Although Fall 08? Didnt Insomniac say they were releasing games every other year? R/C and Resistance? Gonna be a crowded fall 08 with Resistance 2 and Killzone 2. One will have to get pushed to spring.

Nolan.

oo Kosma oo said:

Exactly what I was thinking, plus it would oddly mirror the H3/crackdown thing when you think about it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Sony should re release Uncharted (substance) with Killzone E3 07 Demo+online Beta and Elena chapters ( like RE4 thing ) .

neorej

ERMYGERD!
oo Kosma oo said:

You prefer they talk you through it in Dutch? Don't be hating on the Dutchies.

Kosma

Banned
neorej said:
You prefer they talk you through it in Dutch? Don't be hating on the Dutchies.

No, I think they should have some real PR people hyping this game up already. Not these awkward guys standing and discussing the game in funny English.

andycapps

Seems about right. 2008 is going to be another monster year for gamers, especially if FF XIII actually comes out. Agreed with the above posters, bundle the beta in with Infamous or another new title. MGS4 doesn't need any help with sales, it'll do fine on it's own. Infamous looks to be a great game, but it may go under the radar with it being a new IP.

Kyoufu

Damn, looks like a November release for KZ2 :(

Hopefully Sony hypes this like crazy. Bundle the Beta with a first-party game like Infamous and then we'll be set for a kickass 2008.

I'm calling it now, KZ2 = FPS of the generation.

FabCam

Kyoufu said:
I'm calling it now, KZ2 = FPS of the generation.

Big claim, but I think it could happen. It already looks like the best FPS of this generation, it depends how they make it play.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
oo Kosma oo said:
No, I think they should have some real PR people hyping this game up already. Not these awkward guys standing and discussing the game in funny English.
With PR guys you get the same old BS you get from all PR-guys, they know next to nothing REAL about the game. These guys actually develop the game, and know everything about it, so there's no BS whatsoever.
This is also why I liked the Patrice Dessillets interviews for Assassin's Creed better than the Jade ones.

Interviews with actual developers are far more substantial.

[Nintex]

oo Kosma oo said:

I agree, their E3 presence was even worse though.

*Trailer*
Everyone blown away
*Producer comes on stage*
Waves & leaves :lol

Compare that to the fan orchestra for Halo 3 and Miyamoto's Link immitation :lol

Kosma

Banned
neorej said:
With PR guys you get the same old BS you get from all PR-guys, they know next to nothing REAL about the game. These guys actually develop the game, and know everything about it, so there's no BS whatsoever.
This is also why I liked the Patrice Dessillets interviews for Assassin's Creed better than the Jade ones.

Interviews with actual developers are far more substantial.

I think AC sold more copies thanks to Jade then thanks to Patrice. Just a hunch. Sure I'd rather listen to Patrice but he's not on the cover of magazines whoring the game out.

PR is god. And Sony and Guerilla need to step up.

Kyoufu

[Nintex] said:

*Trailer*
Everyone blown away

Compare that to the fan orchestra for Halo 3 and Miyamoto's Link immitation :lol

Haha I loved that, it was so pointless to see the producer come out onto the stage with a controller and then leave a second later, but next E3(?) we'll see them splooge.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I thought the producer was playing the game right through the trailer? There were displays left and right of the stage or something, showing what he was playing. A semi-confusing setup, perhaps, but I thought he was there to do more than just come out and wave pointlessly.

Defuser

Anyway,it's a very bad move on their on their part if Killzone 2 does come out in November.It may follow the way of Uncharted.....

[Nintex] said:

*Trailer*
Everyone blown away

apparently the producer was playing the game in real time on another screen we werent seeing, that is why he was out there.

Dark FaZe said:
They should seriously bundle a MP Killzone 2 beta with MGS4. Not that MGS4 needs the help, but that would push the software for that title up quite a bit, and might generate more buzz for people to buy Ps3's.

Well while we're in Fantasy Land, I think they should throw the deluxe Coming Soon movie for ZOE3 on the BRD-50 as well...
:D

Kyoufu

gofreak said:
I thought the producer was playing the game right through the trailer? There were displays left and right of the stage or something, showing what he was playing. A semi-confusing setup, perhaps, but I thought he was there to do more than just come out and wave pointlessly.

But I thought the demo build had loading times throughout the checkpoints? Maybe I missed something.

Defuser said:
Anyway,it's a very bad move on their on their part if Killzone 2 does come out in November.It may follow the way of Uncharted.....

Multiplayer FPS with awesome graphics and semi-realistic weapons says no, the game won't fail.

andycapps

Kyoufu said:
But I thought the demo build had loading times throughout the checkpoints? Maybe I missed something.

They said they put those in there to prove that it was real time, they're not going to have load times mid-level.. all streaming.

gofreak said:

Yep, Sony gave the places streaming the show direct feed footage of the game to show whenever he came out. So people streaming didn't get to see what he was doing.

Kyoufu

andycapps said:
They said they put those in there to prove that it was real time, they're not going to have load times mid-level.. all streaming.

But I didn't see load times during the trailer which was supposedly real-time gameplay. Fuck I'm so confused!

andycapps

Kyoufu said:
But I didn't see load times during the trailer which was supposedly real-time gameplay. Fuck I'm so confused!

I think they can turn them on or off, what you probably saw was the version that had them turned off. For a few of the showings they left the load times in to show that it was in fact being played right there. It is a little confusing isn't it? :D

oo Kosma oo said:

I agree. Bundling the beta of Kill Zone 2 with MGS4 is like bundling the Halo 3 Beta with... ummmmm Halo 3. MGS4 shouldn't be a game that needs a boost. Bundle it with another first party game that would benefit from the added attention.

I'm glad they bundled the Halo 3 Beta with Crackdown because I wouldn't have bought it otherwise and I've had tons of fun with the game.

Top Bottom