• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrediWii: Bank in Spain starts selling Wii at 300€

Shopping season has not ended in Spain because Christmas lasts till January the 6th, when then 3 wise men bring presents to all the kids. Wii has been sold out for weeks now, and the few Wii that have been arriving are being sold in some stores for 280 euros.

But now there is a regional bank that is selling them for 300 euros. They basicly give you a 6 month loan of 300 euros but you receive a Wii. The are so generous that it is a 0% loan (LOL). They call it the CrediWii.

They also have a similar loan for a Wii and a Ds for 450. they call it the CrediNintendo.

8c2dn6e.jpg

La Caja de Canarias brought to the sale in three of its offices in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Telde The Nintendo Wii. This initiative is an excellent opportunity to acquire these attractive products, used in most commercial establishments of the Islands.
The main attraction of this promotion is that La Caja de Canarias offers the possibility of financing the purchase through CrediWii a funding formula to interest rate of 0%, and under some figures to suit all kinds of budgets.

The three branches where you can find these products are The Home Office (Triana 20), Office Plaza de España (Spain Square, 5), and Office Telde (Piazza San Gregorio, s / n). This offer is valid until the end of the stock, but under the pace of sales has been recorded today, it is expected that these teams will end up in the coming days.

http://canarias7.es/articulo.cfm?id=78895

Remember the days when people said Wii was overpriced?

Shamrock

Banned
Shiggy said:
I thought Spain was Sony-land? How is it possible that Wii is sold out?

A lot of places used to be Sony Land. Key word used. My guess is a lot of countries didn't appreciate paying upwards of 800 USD to play Resistance.

Lobster

Banned
8c2dn6e.jpg

I must haves it! My precious!

Shiggy said:

Most people on this forum still think Europe is Sony Land :lol

Shiggy said:

The Wii + Wii Sports itself may be sold out (or not really), but the only software in the top 20 are SMG (#4) and Raving Rabbids 2 (#20). Even Assassins Creed PS3 (#3) is higher than SMG, and there are more PS3 and PS2 games in the top 50 than Wii games. Only two 360 games in the top 50 and they're multiplatform games that sell a lot more on PS3.

Check it here: http://www.game.es/

Mallika

Guess it depends on the area. I live in Girona (the capital of the province with the same name), and the small El Corte Inglés toy shop here tends to have Wiis in stock so it isn't super-hot here. Or at least, it isn't sold out in my area.

Mallika said:
Guess it depends on the area. I live in Girona (the capital of the province with the same name), and the small El Corte Inglés toy shop here tends to have Wiis in stock so it isn't super-hot here. Or at least, it isn't sold out in my area.

I live on the Canary Islands and its basicly sold out. You may spot one or two here and there. But they are very scare and always overpriced or they come along with a pack. the situation is that you just cant walk in any store and buy one.

My guess is that it is still Sony Land , but the Wii is sold out. Both things can happen at the same time.

The weird thing is that a big store here had in sale some 60 Gb PS3 last week and I went the first day and i was the only one there

I didn't have problems to buy mine, and they had plenty of them.

When did you buy it?

FNAC is doing what i said in the OP, the few wiis they get they overprice it

As well as several sightings.

You make it sound like they are virgin mary sightings lol

I don't know if you guys realize thats its a bank from the Canary Islands which is selling Wii units in 3 offices in the Canary Islands because the Wii is, apparently, sold out in the islands retailers.

You know...
250px-Localizaci%C3%B3n_de_Canarias.png

I don't think I have to tell anything more about this islands not having VAT, shipments taking far more time and money and such?

And this isn't really special when major banks like La Caixa offer Wiis and PS3s free if you keep an amount of money for an amount of time with a % gain that actually makes the thing more expensive than the MSRP though :lol
http://portal.lacaixa.es/ahorro/depestrellaociodigital_es.html

stalker

I live in Barcelona, and the Wii is technically sold out. There might be a few here and there, but all of the major shops do not have stocks on the shelves; they have received some shipments in the last 3 weeks, but everything is sold as soon as it is received.

Some places such as FNAC are selling the Wiis in bundles (see the link someone posted above). This is very uncommon for this retail chain, at least in Spain. Whenever they bundle, they do it at a discount of the games they want to get rid of. This not the case here.

On ebay (resellers from Spain), the Wiis (new) are going this week up to 350€, a bit more in some cases.

Wiimotes and Wii Play are nowhere to be seen in the last three weeks.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I don't think I have to tell anything more about this islands not having VAT, shipments taking far more time and money and such?

It takes more time to ship, but they ship much more units to compensate.

Ecommerce in Spain is not a widespread thing, let alone for Christmas gift. You can show all links you want but that is not representative of the Spanish market.

Gozan

Starchasing said:
I live on the Canary Islands and its basicly sold out.

Not surprising. The British tourists would snap up any available units.

Too bad the DS is in stock in Japan now. It would have made a good advertising campaign: "Visit Europe! Climb the Eiffel Tower! See the Colosseum! BUY A DS!"

Starchasing said:
Ecommerce in Spain is not a widespread thing, let alone for Christmas gift. You can show all links you want but that is not representative of the Spanish market.

Both Fnac and Game are nationwide stores with shops in most important cities, and there are ads on TV all the time, so go figure.

Philanthropist said:
Both Fnac and Game are nationwide stores with shops in most important cities, and there are ads on TV all the time, so go figure.

You showed a link that sells Wii play over the internet... Only a minority of Spaniards buy things over the internet.

Good luck finding WiiPlay in a physical store

Starchasing said:
It takes more time to ship, but they ship much more units to compensate.

Except I've been to La Manga this Xmas and saw 2 shops with Wiis. I got relatives there who see them as well.

You can order them right now online from FNAC as well so what's the problem?

Loads of them in Portugals FNAC as well.

Starchasing said:
You showed a link that sells Wii play over the internet... Only a minority of Spaniards buy things over the internet.

FNAC doesn't have a separate stock for online purchases.

Starchasing said:

Keep saying that, but there are Game shops everywhere (and you can find them all in a map in the game.es site). Wii games are in every game shop and hypermarket, even SMG and Wii Play - they do not sell that much, Wii Sports is pretty much everything people play here. As to the Wii itself, I still have seen some in the last week, which tempts me to sell them on eBay.

Philanthropist said:
Keep saying that, but there are Game shops everywhere (and you can find them all in a map in the game.es site). Wii games are in every game shop and hypermarket, even SMG and Wii Play - they do not sell that much, Wii Sports is pretty much everything people plays here. As to the Wii itself, I still have seen some in the last week, which tempts me to sell them on eBay.

I tell you, nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch.

From what I've been told (haven't been to a game store in awhile) Wii is sold out here too (Northwest Spain). PS3 is doing well too it seems, it's been a long time since I last saw a 60gig PS3 on sale. Glad to see Nintendo is doing fine, it's just too bad they managed to do it with the Wii (the concept is fine but I think in practice it leaves to be desired, I still have to see a Wii game that wows me... and not just graphically). But I think I know why it does well... let's just say my 55+ years old uncle wanted (and got!) one for christmas, he looked like a 5-year-old telling everybody "santa" had brought him a Wii lol.

As for the 360... well, it seems the games are doing well, the system... not so much.

Jokeropia

Metalmurphy said:
That's a crappy bundle at an even higher price than the "CrediWii" deal. Smackdown + Ratatouille are NOT worth the extra ¢40.
Philanthropist said:
The Wii + Wii Sports itself may be sold out (or not really), but the only software in the top 20 are SMG (#4) and Raving Rabbids 2 (#20). Even Assassins Creed PS3 (#3) is higher than SMG, and there are more PS3 and PS2 games in the top 50 than Wii games. Only two 360 games in the top 50 and they're multiplatform games that sell a lot more on PS3.

Check it here: http://www.game.es/
Haha, that's just one retailer. Here's the chart for all of Spain during the biggest week of the year:

Spain Top10 (Week ending Dec 23)
1. More Brain Training with Dr Kawashima (NDS)
2. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (NDS)
3. WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2008 (PS2)
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
5. Training for your Eyes (NDS)
6. Wii Play (Wii)
7. Mario Party DS (NDS)
8. Triiviial (Wii)
9. Imagina ser Mamá (NDS)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9145968&postcount=138
Philanthropist said:
Keep saying that, but there are Game shops everywhere (and you can find them all in a map in the game.es site). Wii games are in every game shop and hypermarket, even SMG and Wii Play - they do not sell that much, Wii Sports is pretty much everything people play here. As to the Wii itself, I still have seen some in the last week, which tempts me to sell them on eBay.
Statements like these I've always found so inane. You've visited at most a fraction of a percent of all game-selling stores in Spain, and by seeing that games are in stock you conclude that they aren't selling well? Even if you had visited every store in Spain you wouldn't have been able to draw such conclusions as not selling out doesn't equal selling poorly, especially for software.

Jokeropia said:
That's a crappy bundle at an even higher price than the "CrediWii" deal. Smackdown + Ratatouille are NOT worth the extra ¢40.
Haha, that's just one retailer. Here's the chart for all of Spain during the biggest week of the year:
It was the first one that I saw, they have 4 or 5 more...

MisterHero

Nintendo captured Europe and kidnapped the Queen!

Now set the standard exchange rate for the Bison Miyamoto dollar to 5 British Pounds!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Its time to fall back to Italy! Set up the defense!

At least thats what this thread seems like

Spain Top10 (Week ending Dec 23)
1. More Brain Training with Dr Kawashima (NDS)
2. Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (NDS)
3. WWE Smackdown! vs Raw 2008 (PS2)
4. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (PS2)
5. Training for your Eyes (NDS)
6. Wii Play (Wii)
7. Mario Party DS (NDS)
8. Triiviial (Wii)
9. Imagina ser Mamá (NDS)
10. The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (NDS)

Well,I didn' knew gaming was dying around me :lol

Yeah, Wii is selling very good,but PS3 too...,the only one who isn't selling to much is X360 (don't ask me why)

Relaxed Muscle said:
Well,I didn' knew gaming was dying around me :lol

Yeah, Wii is selling very good,but PS3 too...,the only one who isn't selling to much is X360 (don't ask me why)

AFAIK everything is selling well in various degree,except the 360. It seems like the bastard child nobody wants.

Top Bottom