• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Suikoden VI for Wii

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
So, someone suggests that Suikoden VI should go to the Wii, and you make a thread proclaiming a rumor that is swirling around that Suikoden VI is coming to the Wii.

Good going there bud.

Wtf???

Hopefully this rumor is false... I want it on PS3.
To hell with a larger audience, stick with the fans & history, Konami!!!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I believe this news.

It makes sense, I think. Konami wouldn't give the game the kind of budget it needs to be done "properly" on ps360, but they can do a nice job on Wii. I bet.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
jumpin the gun

would be awesome if true...either that or put it on DS or 360 so I can play it

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
reilo said:
So, someone suggests that Suikoden VI should go to the Wii, and you make a thread proclaiming a rumor that is swirling around that Suikoden VI is coming to the Wii.

Good going there bud.
it's in the newest JUMP along...

Tales of Vesperia - 360
:eek:

Monk

Banned
More trash for the Wii? Suikoden 3 was he best of the ps2 games and it went downhill from there. But not surprising though, they have to make a profit with rpg's since they are still games. Expect more to come to the ds/wii/psp/ps2 this generation.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Monk said:
More trash for the Wii? Suikoden 3 was he best od the ps2 games and it went downhill from there. But not surprising though, they have to make a profit with rpg's since they are still games. Expect more to come to the ds/wii/psp/ps2 this generation.

V kicked ass, so yeah whatever

Link

The Autumn Wind
Revolutionary said:
Wtf???

Hopefully this rumor is false... I want it on PS3.
To hell with a larger audience, stick with the fans & history, Konami!!!
We Nintendo fans call this "N64 rage."

I've never played Suikoden mainly because I missed out on the first one. If this is true, I'll probably give it a shot since I don't have to worry about having a save from a previous game.

Link said:
We Nintendo fans call this "N64 rage."
Are you referring to Final Fantasy?

Because if so, it was technical limitations that prevented VII from being on the 64.

The Wii has nothing over the PS3, technically, aside from the waggle...

Jiggy

I actually didn't particularly care for Suikoden II, which was the only one I played, and I'm not even sure why since I love turn-based RPGs and that one was pretty fundamentally sound in every way...
...but precisely because it was pretty fundamentally sound in every way, I'd be willing to give the series another chance. Maybe it was simply that I didn't like the idea of 108 characters when most of them were totally missable, I don't know. I'll just print out a FAQ beforehand this time or something, perhaps.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Revolutionary said:

Because if so, it was technical limitations that prevented VII from being on the 64.

I'm referring to lots of franchises.

EDIT - See below for answers to the other part of your post.

Monk

Banned
Revolutionary said:

And the fact that it is cheaper to develop for.

LowParry

Himuro said:
1. Suikoden has never been particularly popular, both here and in Japan.
2. Suikoden games always have had low budgets.
3. Wii will allow Konami to develop Suikoden
5. Any reasonable Suikoden fan could have predicted a mile away that Konami would put the next game on Wii due to budget. They do not have much faith in the series at ALL.
5. So much for you being a Suikoden "fan".

You actually expected Konami to put Suiko VI on the ps3, which is absolutely failing in Japan, when they struggled to get barely 200k for Suikoden V? LOL.

6. Since the Wii is the "party machine", Suikoden would more than likely be made for a particular and very popular handheld. Savvy?

Himuro said:
1. Suikoden has never been particularly popular, both here and in Japan.
2. Suikoden games always have had low budgets.
3. Wii will allow Konami to develop Suikoden
5. Any reasonable Suikoden fan could have predicted a mile away that Konami would put the next game on Wii due to budget. They do not have much faith in the series at ALL.
5. So much for you being a Suikoden "fan".

You actually expected Konami to put Suiko VI on the ps3, which is absolutely failing in Japan, when they struggled to get barely 200k for Suikoden V? LOL.
And moving it to the Wii is going to help that?

Do you honestly think the average joe is going to go into the store and be like "oh look, it's Suikoden VI for the Wii! I'm going to buy it just because it's on the Wii."

No. Diehard Suikoden fans will eat it up, of course, including myself, but I'd much, much rather have it on the PROPER console: PS3.

To hell with that!

Considering that...well...EVERY SINGLE ONE of the Suikoden games have been budget-developed as all hell I don't see the issue here.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
The proper console? The proper console is the console I can play Suikoden on, in this case, the Wii :lol

LowParry

Himuro said:

Look at how many RPG's are on the DS. Hell. I'll go even further to say that it could very well end up on the PSP. Fuck the Wii. That isn't the best choice of a rpg console. Stick with a handheld if you're on a budget for money.

AniHawk

After Suikoden II, hasn't each new Suikoden game been worse than the previous installment? In that case it would make sense to bring it to the Wii.

Himuro said:
It'll have a greater chance selling better on Wii than the PS3. It's the lesser of two evils.
I suppose.

I'm just saying, I'll get it either way, but I'd much rather have it on the PS3.

TJ Spyke

Revolutionary said:

No, just the final version couldn't have been feaisbly done on the N64. They could have made a fine RPG on the N64 called Final Fantasy VII.

Anyways, wasn't there a rumor (and a fairly reliable one IIRC) a few months that Konami was considering releasing Suikoden VI on the Wii? It would make the most sense since niche games usually get released on the system with the highest install base (to make sure as many people as possible buy the game).

Soul4ger

Man, I was just thinking about how they needed to make a new one. Sweet balls.

AniHawk said:
After Suikoden II, hasn't each new Suikoden game been worse than the previous installment? In that case it would make sense to bring it to the Wii.

Suikoden V was leaps and bounds better than III or IV, I thought. Had some pacing problems, but I enjoyed the entire game quite a bit.

Revolutionary said:

Do you honestly think the average joe is going to go into the store and be like "oh look, it's Suikoden VI for the Wii! I'm going to buy it just because it's on the Wii."

No. Diehard Suikoden fans will eat it up, of course, including myself, but I'd much, much rather have it on the PROPER console: PS3.

To hell with that!

When has the average Joe ever just walked into a store and bought Suikoden? Konami knows that Suikoden fans will buy it no matter what system its on so they might as well go with the cheapest option (excluding DS, PSP and PS2) and bring it to the Wii.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
AniHawk said:

V is way better than IV

Link

The Autumn Wind
Revolutionary said:
The "proper" console for Konami is the one that fits the game's budget and allows it to reach a larger audience.

Fady K

Himuro said:
No. Suikoden II was better than I by a great degree. Suikoden III was not nearly as good as II, but still good. Suikoden IV was awful. Suikoden V put the series back on track and in many ways outdoes II.

IV is really the only bad game in the series.

Yep, V was magical.

I know PS3 would do the game justice in terms of quality, but I would like Suikoden VI to be on the Wii, because it would seriously help out the Wii in terms of having quality titles.

Xeke

Banned
Revolutionary said:

Or how about all the other lost franchises.

Suikoden VI on the Wii would make too much sense, they'll just throw it on the PS3 and let is sell around 50k worldwide instead.

androvsky

It's still early enough in the console race to look a little deeper at numbers. Yes, there's a lot more Wiis out there than PS3s. Now, of those, how many of each are owned by people that want to buy Suikodn VI? The numbers are probably a lot closer there. Of course, there's also the question, how many Suikoden fans would buy one of the above consoles just to play Suikoden VI? Obviously, the Wii is cheaper, but does Konami think that Suikoden is going to move even cheap consoles?

Galamauth

Since the recent games have all been prequels to first 3 and steadily approaching the time line of the first I'm guessing VI will be a remake of the first Suikoden which sits alright with me as long as they keep the games' chinese roots intact. Junko is going to be involved in this one right?

Monk

Banned
Revolutionary said:

To hell with that!

A few things, i really doubt many of the Suikoden fans actually bought a ps3. Just because you did, doesn't mean everyone else diu. And if Himuro's numbers are right, Konami would have barely made a profit on Suikoden V, much of that fact probably due to their experience with the ps2.

200k is fine for s Wii RPG game, it will still make a profit, while on the ps3 it isnt the case. It will need to sell 500k atleast to make a profit on the ps3. If you want the series to have one last hurrah and be lost in the sands of time, never to be seen again, then the ps3 would have been a good choice. But if you want the series to continue then the Wii is the best choice for the series.

How any fan cannot grasp that simple concept is beyond me. Are you one of the gamers that actually bought Suikoden 5 anyway?

Top Bottom